Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [WORLD FIRST] TiPS - built-in coin mixing/anonymity service just launched!  (Read 16260 times)
invisibel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:12:15 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 11:22:25 PM by invisibel

We're happy to announce that the TiPS mixing service is now available!

What's this?
Our unique mixing service allows you to send coins through a third party and hide all trace of them originating from you by using a simple checkbox on the client. Your coins are sent (with data encrypted) to a mixer node chosen by random, which sends the coins along after a certain length of time. This makes the transaction recorded on the blockchain appear only as a transaction to the mixer address with no indication of where they were headed.

Transactions are sent to a mixing service owned by a member of the TIPS community at random, which ensures that no centralized service could reveal the origins of transactions that are mixed.

Mixed transactions charge an additional 2% on top of the value of the transaction to give help nodes out and give mixing node operatives an incentive for running a node (this fee may be changed at any time). For now the fee is global across all mixing nodes but future updates may allow mixing node operators to change the fee as they wish.

What makes it secure?
Since your coins are sent encrypted to a third party the only people who can match the dots are you and the mixing service operator. Our mixing node software is built to ensure that once your transaction is sent the relevant decrypted data is destroyed.

Mixing nodes operating with us will also be checked regularly to ensure they comply with our privacy and safety standards, such as requiring all communication over Tor to help conceal the mixing services location and completely pruning all data, and changing address every 3 months.

To make new mixing nodes known we use mixer announcements, a new feature added to propagate the nodes information through the network. Essentially they're just a copy of the original Bitcoin alerts system, but unlike alerts announcements are invisible to the user. When coins are mixed a mixing node is chosen at random from the known announcements to mix the coins.

After we accept a new mixer node an announcement will be created, signed and broadcast to the network to notify people of the new service. We centralize the management of nodes to ensure that bad services can be revoked and removed from use before any coins can be lost.

We're also looking into ways on how to fully decentralize it, if you have any knowledge in this area and want to help feel free to join us on IRC.

Why would I use it?
To give an example, Bob lives with his wife Alice and they both get paid TiPS monthly into a shared address.
Alice likes to keep tabs on Bob and regularly checks the blockchain to see where he's been sending money. But Bob is fine with this, because he uses the TiPS mixing service to conceal his transactions destinations. That way Alice will never know that Bob is the leader of a notorious tipping ring who regularly helps out the citizens of Reddit. Good thinking Bob.

Can I start up my own mixing node?
If you're known to the community as a trustworthy person and you have two spare servers located in different areas then yes you can. The guide on how to set it up still isn't available yet, but if you message tipsfedora on freenode I'll get back to you after it's finished.

Where can I download it?
Always make sure to backup your wallet before upgrading!

Windows: visit http://fedoracoin.net/
Mac OS X: soon
Linux: https://github.com/fedoracoin/fedoracoin
If you have problems with "No mixing nodes available" try going to help -> debug console and type in
Code:
addnode srv1.fedoracoin.net add
addnode srv1.fedoracoin.net onetry
addnode srv2.fedoracoin.net add
addnode srv2.fedoracoin.net onetry

Also note that building from source may now require you to run the following before you can compile:
Code:
cd fedoracoin/
chmod +x share/genbuild.sh
share/genbuild.sh src/build.h

If you have any questions feel free to ask either in this thread or on IRC (#TIPS on freenode)
0.60 Changelog:
* Built-in coin mixing/anonymizer service, to conceal transaction origins
    - Mixing services can be announced to the network and are chosen by clients at random
    - 2% fee is added on top of mixed transactions to help out and give incentive toward running mixing services
    - A guide to starting a mixing service is available below

* RPC user system, become your own web wallet!
    - Users can be added with the adduser command and passwords are changed with the passwd command
    - User wallets are stored separately to the main wallet
    - Passwords are hashed with a per-user salt to help strengthen them, their password is also used to encrypt their wallet ensuring only they have access to their coins.
    - The encryption password can be changed with the usual commands, affecting the users password
    - Users have restricted access to commands, only the main admin user can use them all (admin user is read from fedoracoin.conf when 0.60 is first run, rpcuser is later unneeded in the conf file afterward)
    - A full list of commands is available below

* Alert key changed, now you can get alerts near instantly after an important announcement
    - You can use the -alertnotify setting to execute scripts when alerts are received
    - New admin-only commands: createalert, signalert, sendalert - only useful with the alert private key.
    - Mixer announcements use the same system as alerts with seperate keypairs, also has a set of admin-only commands: createann, signann, sendann (again only useful with the private key) and listann

* JavaScript/AJAX access now enabled on the RPC server, allowing web frontends to connect to your wallet (if allowed), use a remote controller for your local wallet!
    - For an example of this set rpcuser and rpcpassword in your fedoracoin.conf file and also add daemon=1 and server=1 on seperate lines at the end
    - Run the QT wallet and after it's loaded visit http://fedoracoin.net/js-remote/, enter your rpc login there and make sure the url field is set to "http://localhost:22888/"
    - Alternatively you can create a user in the debug console (with the adduser <username> <password> command) and login using that users details
    - Wallet is directly connected between your browser and your local wallet, our servers aren't anywhere in between

* Changed coin denominations to thousands and millions
* Improved sync with updated checkpoints
* Code now builds with no warnings on Windows, very few on other OS's
* TestNet now enabled, you can test whatever changes you like on there
* 500 billion coin limit now forced thanks to the new getchainvalue command
* Splash screen made transparent

* New commands:
adduser <username> <password> (admin only) - adds new user
authuser <username> <password> (admin only) - tests user login
passwd <username> <password> (admin only) | passwd <password> (user only) - update users password
root (admin only) - displays root username
whoami - displays logged in username

createalert <too many args, see help> (admin only) - creates alert data and outputs hex data
signalert <alert hex data> <privatekey hex data> (admin only) - signs alert data with the private key and outputs hex data
sendalert <signed alert hex data> (admin only) - sends (correctly signed only!) alert to the network

createann <too many args, see help> (admin only) - creates announcement data and outputs hex data
signann <ann. hex data> <privatekey hex data> (admin only) - signs announcement data with the private key and outputs hex data
sendann <signed ann. hex data> (admin only) - sends (correctly signed only!) announcement to the network
listann (admin only) - lists mixing announcements in effect

getchainvalue [uptoblockidx] - outputs current chains total value up to given block idx

* Updated commands:
getinfo/getmininginfo - updated with admin-only info
sendtoaddress - add :mixed to end of destination address to send the coins through a mixer (will error if no mixing services available)
sendmany/sendfrom - add :mixed to end of source account to send the coins through a mixer (will error if no mixing services available)

* Admin only commands:
stop
getconnectioncount
getpeerinfo
addnode
getaddednodeinfo
generatekey
backupwallet
getgenerate
setgenerate
gethashespersec
getrawmempool
verifymessage
settxfee
setmininput
signrawtransaction
sendrawtransaction
gettxoutsetinfo
gettxout
verifychain
adduser
authuser
root
createalert
signalert
sendalert
createann
signann
sendann
listann
encryptwallet

That's not all though, be on the look out for another announcement from us soon Wink

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vir6

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:19:53 PM

Thank you, this is huge !
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:22:11 PM

This looks fantastic! Thank-you for all the hardwork!!!  Grin

The ball is now in the communities court, as a community we need to help fill in the gap for the services we need to truly make this the awesome coin it is. (Paper Wallet, Android Wallet, etc.)
PCFiL

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:37:18 PM

TIPS MINING POOL >> http://fedora.poolto.be

use : stratum+tcp://fedora.poolto.be:4333

Join us on iRC: #poolto.be @ irc.freenode.net

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23poolto.be

Pool UPGRADED TO 0.60 !

Happy Mining !  Smiley
DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:38:14 PM

Let's gooo  Wink
invisibel (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:41:39 PM

0.60 windows binaries are now up on http://fedoracoin.net/, sorry for the wait my upload speed is terrible Sad

If you're having troubles with "No mixing nodes available" check the top post, and let me know how it goes!

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
vir6

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

Volume on cryptsy is going up !

DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:57:26 PM

sorry for the wait my upload speed is terrible Sad

have you italian adsl?
I understand your problem bro!

anyway, thank you a lot , good work  Wink
BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:04:05 PM

new announcement name change?

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:06:58 PM

Gentlemen, behold:

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:09:18 PM

Gentlemen, behold:

Thats good to see
But TIPS is still in same position,
I am loosing lots of LTC because of TIPS?
Why its not rising?

BitcoinSteve

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:15:33 PM

Gentlemen, behold:

Thats good to see
Why its not rising?

will rise to .01 cents tomorrow!

srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:19:03 PM

Gentlemen, behold:

Thats good to see
Why its not rising?

will rise to .01 cents tomorrow!

DOGE dropped 0,00000200 since Fedora 0.60 launched (1 hr)

srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:48:11 PM

we are launching fast!

albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:52:53 PM

we are launching fast!

what? if multipools is on it then it means it can NOT rise at all because multipools does not care about any features of the coin, just if its profitable. Implement KGW and this coin will skyrocket.
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:54:08 PM

we are launching fast!

what? if multipools is on it then it means it can NOT rise at all because multipools does not care about any features of the coin, just if its profitable. Implement KGW and this coin will skyrocket.

We have KGW bro.
Price is stable as rock, and huge community supports it.

BitcoinSteve

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:55:57 PM

we are launching fast!

We have KGW bro.
Price is stable as rock, and huge community supports it.

PAST THE MOON!!!  TIPS ROCKS

DanielVG

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

interesting concept, i'll check this out.
withfedoraco.in

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:14:36 PM

We're happy to report that w/ Fedoracoin supports accepting mixed coins!

Go to http://example.withfedoraco.in/ to check out the example app and to see for yourself.

w/ Fedoracoin - The first Fedoracoin payment processor: http://pay.withfedoraco.in/
Developers can now sign up at http://dashboard.withfedoraco.in/
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:20:52 PM

Nice job invisibel!! Beat darkcoin and everyone else to the punch - we need to get the word out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: