Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: VolatilityCoin  (Read 438 times)
Linkeex (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:28:07 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 11:43:45 PM by Linkeex

Hi there, in the last couple of weeks i've been trading a lot of altcoins and recognized that people love not only the volatility of bitcoin,
but also the volatility of altcoins.

So, just minutes ago I had an idea.

Let me introduce you to VolatilityCoin.

Assumption: A fresh coins value is mostly determined by its innovation, its community but also, very importantly, by its number of coins that get generated.
See Dogecoin vs. 42(coin).

Even though 42 doesn't have a big community, its traded far higher then dogecoin which is because in the end there will only be 42 coins in circulation.
So this leads us to the conclusion that the number of coins generated create in some way the value of a new altcoin.

Goal: The goal of the idea was to create a coin which values is not determined by the number of adoptors nor its innovation but by its volatility.

Solution: We create a coin that doesn't do a blockreward halving after a certain amount of blocks being generated, but a coin which number of block rewards is truly random and not decreasing in a linear fashion. This means by truly randomizing the block reward the coin itself could influence the value by alot. Traders would love it, wouldn't they?

Problem: Miners want to make money. So we would need to make sure that they do earn their coins and do not leave the coin not producing any more new blocks.

So how could we solve this problem?

Feel free to discuss this, leave feedback or even create this coin I am talking about.

Greetings,
Linkee

+++ Informatik-Student würde für Bitcoins alles tun: Javascript, Java, Nodejs, Angularjs, Express, Objective-C, SQL, Webdesign + + +
==> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356002.msg3808815#msg3808815
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:38:57 PM

Sounds good. I will mine it.

And there is not problem at all... If reward go lower some miners will go, but they will be there still miners to get some coins with lower diff, and transactions fees. Maybe you should make bigger the fees when the reward go lower...?
Linkeex (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:42:38 PM

Maybe you should make bigger the fees when the reward go lower...?

No, because this again would "generate" more coins which would decrease the value while it should increase.

+++ Informatik-Student würde für Bitcoins alles tun: Javascript, Java, Nodejs, Angularjs, Express, Objective-C, SQL, Webdesign + + +
==> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356002.msg3808815#msg3808815
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: