Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:40:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized cryptography?!? Is there cause for concern?  (Read 101 times)
hmahaffey (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:29:49 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 03:19:56 PM by hmahaffey

With xrp, eos and xlm being in the top 6 on CMP do others have concerns that there are a small number of whales that control the vast majority of these platforms?  Is there a concerted effort to add powerful centralized systems to the crypto arena?  Eos has already had quite a bit of problems in relation to the centralized nature of that plaform.

Xrp has 100 billion total supply and only 40 billion available and is #3 on CMP and is partnered with many financial institutions.
Eos has the vast majority of their tokens(?) available, but my understanding is that less than 10% of wallets own over 90% of eos and is now #5 on CMP.
Xlm is worse than xrp (in terms of availability), it has 104 billion total and only 18 billion available and is now #6 on CMP

I hope I'm just overthinking this, but is seems too perfect to be coincidence.

Call me crazy if I'm wrong and you agree these crypto (are they truly cryptos) should be in these positions.

Thanks for reading, have a great day!
-Trey
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:39:52 AM

the "cryptography" isn't centralized the "cryptocurrencies"  or more accurately some "altcoins" are centralized. and no it is not a cause for concern. they are just shitcoins doing their own thing and people only use them as far as exchanges go and nothing more and only for profit making purposes.

being on top of some list (market capitalization sorted) does not mean they are strong. it just means they are bloated more than others because of their huge supplies which they used to manipulate the result of market cap and stay on top of that list.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:57:59 AM

there is no perfect altcoin, I think that altcoin deficiency should be avoided, we do not take advantage from coin negative values, but the positive value of coin becomes our pride.

like the bank is behind Ripple, I am very interested in Ripple than XLM and EOS.

and even the Tether has an unknown mystery until today.
EscapePlanETH

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:51:39 AM

Sadly, there are no perfect altoins in the market. Also, it is the altcoins which are termed as a centralized coin in the market, not all the other crypto currencies. They are basically of no use, and people use it only to generate profits.
Found bt

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

The only centralized coins in the market are altcoins. And unlike BTC, only a handful of them are worth the time and money, for example ETH. Apart form that, the others are just here for profit, with no long term planning whatsoever.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:34:29 AM

One thing is certain that we can only trust bitcoin alone and any other Cryptocurrency is uncertain to really survive this harsh and overpopulation of many cryptocurrency out there, I know that relying only in two to three altcoin is the safest, But like I have said in my recent post it is better for us to get a hodl in all coins as possible but it will also need a lot of resources to attain this, I don't know if getting even the centralized Cryptos will be worth it but the vast majority of Altcoin is decentralized so that will be OK, And I really don't have any problems with that if that altcoin is doing fine then there is nothing wrong about it but the risk in trusting your fate in just a few coins.
Sionsak

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:45:25 AM

I wouldn't say the crypto platform is centralized but rather tamed to the taste of it's users. Whoever found it beneficial in investing in their best of interest of their choice of digital currency stick to it, while others see their reviews, analyze and do the same. Therefore it's the choices we make, which changes how the platform looks or appears to us.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:59:19 AM

the centralized altcoins are not a cause of concern and they will never be.
however the newbishness of people who get involved in them is a big cause of concern in my opinion. you see when some altcoin is centralized but admits it, I don't see anything wrong with it. for example we have government issued centralized coins like Petro, we have centralized stable coins like Tether, ... and these are fine. but we have centralized altcoins which claim to be decentralized and fool people like XRP, ETH,... that is bad and the more people fall for the lies things would become worse.

Only Bitcoin
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:11:16 AM

It does not really bother me because it does not seem real, because it does not seem to be yet!
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:33:47 AM

Personally, I would not put a dollar on any of these cryptos, there is too much risk of the wales securing their profit while ignoring the masses. That is very obvious in Ripple for sure.

coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:49:51 PM

The cryptocurrencies are developing gradually. They need time to be perfect and available to all. Moreover, we need to make technology in contact of every people of the society to make it more easily adopted.
hermanjones18

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:16:08 PM

Yes some centralized crypto like Ripple, Cmp, EOS are doing pretty good because of the demand they have in the market. I don't think there is nothing to take it as centralized cryptography. This won't hamper the decentralization of this market.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:01:02 AM

Actually all the coins are not same in market some crypto currency like altcoins are centralized based on this people are investing based on their profit and others benefits and it is not mean that if they are listed in coinmarketcap that not mean they are good enough.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:28:53 PM

the centralized altcoins are not a cause of concern and they will never be.
however the newbishness of people who get involved in them is a big cause of concern in my opinion. you see when some altcoin is centralized but admits it, I don't see anything wrong with it. for example we have government issued centralized coins like Petro, we have centralized stable coins like Tether, ... and these are fine. but we have centralized altcoins which claim to be decentralized and fool people like XRP, ETH,... that is bad and the more people fall for the lies things would become worse.

Ouch! That might hurt them for the truth had been revealed.  Grin

This is a must read for newbies for they are always the victims of this kind of promises. Centralized telling they are decentralized and yet they succeed into making people fall for the bait. How do they do that?
Are there really that much fools in our midst or are they too greedy and want to take that risk in exchange for a chance to be broke or rich?  Grin
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:34:57 PM

has a lot of altcoin to get the market, in my opinion it will be more profitable than the traditional business.I think crypto has a bright future and it will be good for investors. that is a good sign for crypto. crypto is a decentralized market base.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: