Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:14:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New way of Coin Promotion Or Trap for Scam ?  (Read 193 times)
Cogy (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:38:30 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 03:21:46 PM by Cogy

Hello everyone need all of yours attention please.

Yesterday I saw my wallet have some new coin, the interesting thing is I never buy this kind of token or coin , even I don't know anything about these coin. First time when I saw it I was really wondered, But when I thought deeply One question arrive in my mind its could be a trap for scam. I don't want to scammed.  

Past I remembered some people are did some crazy or silly move with gmail or yahoo or other mail , they send 10000 email in a time in one mail to give some pain of the mail owner. That problem solved because they can make a filter on there mail and remove all worst mail. But is ETH wallet have any option that we can remove all worst token or coin from our wallet.I checked my wallet valuable token , I really suffered to find and check my token because a lots of new token came in my wallet.Need suggestion from all of you. I also want aware all of you if it is a trap of scam.

I afraid if I want to cash this type of coin and they ask my private key then they can access my wallet easily. So all friends please be aware about this.
If anyone have any technical and better idea about this kind of token or its have any risk please let me know your opinion.If we see any kind of token , My opinion please avoid this token otherwise you may have to sacrifice your wallet. Wish you all have great health and safe life.
BItCoinPidger

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:55:15 AM

This sort of post has been published before too. But anyhow, this is no scam. This is more like an ad that was placed. And then the coins disappeared  as soon as the coins expired.There is nothing to worry about, as long as the private key number is safe.
CryptoRaymond

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:59:49 AM

There are lots of scam projects in the market and they are really risky. It will be better to take precautions before losing e-wallet. Let’s see what experts will say.
rosstiller

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:15:55 AM

The day before yesterday I saw a similar query like. I saw some people said that these extra coins are used for promotions and they won’t do any harm. I am not sure though.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:19:21 AM

Yesterday I saw my wallet have some new coin, the interesting thing is I never buy this kind of token or coin , even I don't know anything about these coin. First time when I saw it I was really wondered, But when I thought deeply One question arrive in my mind its could be a trap for scam. I don't want to scammed.  

Past I remembered some people are did some crazy or silly move with gmail or yahoo or other mail , they send 10000 email in a time in one mail to give some pain of the mail owner. That problem solved because they can make a filter on there mail and remove all worst mail. But is ETH wallet have any option that we can remove all worst token or coin from our wallet.I checked my wallet valuable token , I really suffered to find and check my token because a lots of new token came in my wallet.Need suggestion from all of you. I also want aware all of you if it is a trap of scam.

I afraid if I want to cash this type of coin and they ask my private key then they can access my wallet easily. So all friends please be aware about this.
If anyone have any technical and better idea about this kind of token or its have any risk please let me know your opinion.If we see any kind of token , My opinion please avoid this token otherwise you may have to sacrifice your wallet. Wish you all have great health and safe life.

It is okay, if you received a token in your wallet, for example 1 or 2 tokens only - in no value.
It is a type of new a spam. They are sending these coins into well-known address to promote their coin. But you cant delete it easily, so it makes only mess in your wallet Sad.
hortoncrypto

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:22:52 AM

This was no trap or a scam. It was just a mere ad. And as soon as the ad expired, the coins disappeared from the wallet. This has already been discussed in the forum before too, a couple of days back.
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:32:25 AM

Same thing happened to me also. I have received several which wasn’t mine. I am also so much confused and finding a legit advice about it I hope experts will help us.
hewbrowden

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:38:28 AM

My friend came up with several different tokens in almost one day. Generally, I do not see any scam in this, I think it's just an advertising action that people buy their tokens. Although these tokens may not have a future.
Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:55:02 AM

These are promotional ways of popping up coins in your wallet, to see if you use them or purchase anything with them. If not used they will be taken away by the providers without harming your personal wallet and cash in it. Don't worry it's not a scam but a new promoting technique for users.
Actum

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:07:58 PM

These are known as promo coins. They are sent to you by the company as a promotional activity of their coins. If you decide to keep them, you will have to buy them. But, if you keep them in your wallet and don't buy them, they will disappear after the promotion period is over. There is absolutely no reason to be afraid about.
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 664

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:26:34 PM

What kind of token that you received or what's the name of that coin? May I know?
Don't be a afraid just think it carefully if you sign in some of airdrops or you sign in bounty  campaign because sometimes there's some projects that will give you an token like what I received months ago.

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 12:47:17 PM

this also happend to my ethereum wallet, and the thing that attract my concern is that in the coin description (or ticker), has some links. Even though I think it is impossible for hacker or anyone to hack using this method but I still moved my major asset to other wallet. I suggest you do the same, better than you regret it later.

Brianlee0112

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:14:39 PM

Actually this is not a scam they mainly do advertise based on this when it is expired that time they minimize the advertisement based on this also you can secure with your private key until it is safe there will be no problem.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:28:28 PM

This sort of post has been published before too. But anyhow, this is no scam. This is more like an ad that was placed. And then the coins disappeared  as soon as the coins expired.There is nothing to worry about, as long as the private key number is safe.
Yup your right on this one mate,i have seen this one with my friend,and the coins just disappeared i dont know whats the strategy about this when the coins has expiration lol

But OP you should not be bother about this because as long as you have your key and the wallet nothing to worry about
zxrcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:56:14 PM

If you have no idea about where the coins came from, then you should not try to cash it. You can check the history of how this coins came into your wallet. We should be very careful.
kris679

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:00:15 PM

It may be that this token was simply sent to you by mistake, that is, someone just entered your wallet incorrectly in a particular campaign, and now something for free has come up to you, be happy!
farhiamunni

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:50:10 PM

It is good to see you not taking such things lightly and is really conscious. I will recommend you not to go for this coins until you are sure about it. This can be scam or anything. You shouldn't risk your private informations.
juljon18

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:48:44 PM

As long as you have your private keys stored securely and do not let any one have access to them you should be good.  Could you imagine if you could gain access to someones wallet by sending them a coin.  Yikes!
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 06:59:47 PM

Agree with most of the people here. You dont have to worry about the coins that you have not bought or gotten from bounty for which you never tried anything. Those coins could have been sent to you mistakenly, or may be as promo etc. This could be representative of their project, sometime they can be too legit to spend so many coins too. However you should just not proceed for any website link that might have been published in the log or comment section so that you dont get carried away with it. I guess it absolutely fine for your wallet as a coin cant do anything. Its just number that you see and the coin sits in the blockchain.  Wink

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:06:00 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 07:44:07 PM by DarkTaiga

It's just new coin promotion. I don't have any idea about stealing your wallet through sending token. So you don't have to worry about it. It seems they sent token randomly.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: