Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the remaining reliable exchanges?  (Read 1046 times)
Ibian (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:16:29 AM

Right now the only exchange I still trust enough to use is Kraken, but a few more options would be nice. Especially something with a little higher volume (though that is not too important). Both to spread risk and for the occasional arb. I'm european (denmark), so can't use american-only exchanges.

By reliable I mean no delays on withdraws in either form, SEPA going through on time and preferably ones that didn't close down during the mal thing. Anyone got recommendations?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:51:25 AM

So far so good with Bitfinex.  Everything has run smoothly and when they have had a problem they have been open about it and fixed it.  Good communication. 
Ibian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:49:47 PM

Is this really it? There are no large reliable exchanges left?

infoman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:40:39 PM

whats wrong with bitstamp or btc-e?
both back in action as I see, processing deposits/withdrawals

Ibian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:51:41 PM

whats wrong with bitstamp or btc-e?
both back in action as I see, processing deposits/withdrawals

People can't get their funds out of btc-e. Apparently mostly ones from 10-11th, but one is too many and their "support" smells like fraud. There are threads on this, here and on reddit.

Don't think stamp deals in euros? Can europeans even use it?

mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:06:15 PM

There never was a trustworthy and reliable exchange, and there is none now.

It's always a gamble. I think if you're buying, Gox's prices vs. odds are favorable unless you're convinced they won't deliver.
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Bitcoin.de, but it's not really an exchange. It connects buyers to sellers and escrows the BTC. The feedback system works nicely so you know you can trust your trading partner. It seems trustworthy and it never has its hands on your cash in any case.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:17:51 PM

Bitstamp converts euros to dollars when you deposit (and the other way around when you withdraw). It's easy and fast to use from Europe (SEPA deposits take 1 business day typically), but you lose out on a little bit of currency-conversion costs, although Bitstamps bank isn't that bad in that regard with a EUR/USD spread of about 0.8%.

edit: Kraken is a great exchange to use. Their USD volume is crap, but for EUR users it's good. Deposit and withdrawals are fast (1 business day, though I've had the occasional same-day-delivery). Support is a bit slowish, but they are helpful.
Ibian (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

Bitstamp converts euros to dollars when you deposit (and the other way around when you withdraw). It's easy and fast to use from Europe (SEPA deposits take 1 business day typically), but you lose out on a little bit of currency-conversion costs, although Bitstamps bank isn't that bad in that regard with a EUR/USD spread of about 0.8%.

edit: Kraken is a great exchange to use. Their USD volume is crap, but for EUR users it's good. Deposit and withdrawals are fast (1 business day, though I've had the occasional same-day-delivery). Support is a bit slowish, but they are helpful.
Good to know. Already had a stamp account but never got around to verifying it. It's a lot of stuff they want. A bit too much really.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:42:13 PM

In my experience all of the following exchanges are 100% reliable (in alphabetical order):
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 10:31:40 AM

Right now the only exchange I still trust enough to use is Kraken, but a few more options would be nice. Especially something with a little higher volume (though that is not too important). Both to spread risk and for the occasional arb. I'm european (denmark), so can't use american-only exchanges.

By reliable I mean no delays on withdraws in either form, SEPA going through on time and preferably ones that didn't close down during the mal thing. Anyone got recommendations?
To my knowledge, bitcoin-central.net is still the only exchange where you send euros to an account that belongs to you, not to the exchange.
Any other way to deal with fiat deposits is against the European Directive on Payments: non compliant exchanges can be shut down at any time.

Also, in the new version of the site, as of last october, we are storing 100% of bitcoin deposits in cold storage.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:17:17 PM

In my experience all of the following exchanges are 100% reliable (in alphabetical order):

[blank]
Agreed. Keep no funds in any exchange for more than 24 hours.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:18:27 PM

Campbx might be an option if you are in the U.S.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:21:02 PM

I had major problems with CampBX lately and I've heard the same from others.  I have had good success with CoinMKT but frankly the liquidity stinks on there.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:22:58 PM

[blank]
Agreed. Keep no funds in any exchange for more than 24 hours.

Not the smartest advice I read in this topic.
If you're trading small amounts of fiat like me, you'll nearly lose the profit you made paying for the withdraw fees..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:26:20 PM

I had major problems with CampBX lately and I've heard the same from others.  I have had good success with CoinMKT but frankly the liquidity stinks on there.
They have not been flawless in my experience either. The benchmark for "reliable" is a low one in the bitcoin economy right now. Sad.
Eventually a professional exchange will come along and eat everyones lunch.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: