Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:29:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help us design a killer referral / signature program...  (Read 577 times)
vineyard (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:22:23 AM

We operate bitcoin-scratchticket.com and have lots of users asking for a referral / pay for signature program. Help us build the best of the best. What features would you all want to see in a referral program, or in a "pay for your signature" program?
wang_yan

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:27:51 AM

Pay it upfront automatically.

vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:49:37 AM

And if we did pay up front, automatically, how long do you think we would be in business? I was hoping for some serious answers that would be helpful to the entire thread - wishful thinking on my part.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:52:56 AM

The ability to change the code would also be appreciated.

tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:58:43 AM

And if we did pay up front, automatically, how long do you think we would be in business? I was hoping for some serious answers that would be helpful to the entire thread - wishful thinking on my part.

I think he was serious. That would be huge for lots of people. You can restrict the automated payouts to only people with enough activity, and just tell them that if they remove the sig, they will get negative trust and absolutely no more business.

My suggestion would be to allow people to combine it with other ads. I need my own ad there all the time, but I'd be willing to share the space. I'm perfectly fine with accepting a much smaller payout with those terms as well.

mistress_magpie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:59:27 AM

A clear, small, non obtrusive signature line.

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:00:12 AM

I think he was serious. That would be huge for lots of people. You can restrict the automated payouts to only people with enough activity, and just tell them that if they remove the sig, they will get negative trust and absolutely no more business.

My suggestion would be to allow people to combine it with other ads. I need my own ad there all the time, but I'd be willing to share the space. I'm perfectly fine with accepting a much smaller payout with those terms as well.

Maybe automatic payout for those with 100+ activity?

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:19:37 AM

Much of what has been previously mentioned regarding a signature program:

A clear, small, non obtrusive signature line.

The ability to change the code would also be appreciated.

Mostly font size and color I guess.

Probably for trusted members only; for the rest, at least use escrow.

I would also add: weekly payments; perhaps more than one payment program, one based on post count for the members that would like to earn more and another based on activity for those that don't post very often.
vineyard (OP)

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:32:32 AM

Is the automatic payment piece important because people are getting scammed and not paid by other programs? What about a portal you could log into and withdraw funds daily?
wang_yan

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:40:25 AM

Is the automatic payment piece important because people are getting scammed and not paid by other programs? What about a portal you could log into and withdraw funds daily?

It's great if you mean signature payment but not referral rewards.

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:05:41 AM

Payout daily automatic. Like bitmixer.io sig program but pays daily. And make sure your program can detect if the sig is removed.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Localbtcbuyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

Allow even new accounts to join.  I just saw these posts for paid signatures, and I understand that people might make multiple accounts.  But for people that do not, it puts them in a spot where they cannot participate.

If I was creating a sig program that was fair, I would think the following would be good ideas:

Allow any member, regardless of post count/join date.
Make the payments either weekly, or as you said, have a portal where they can be paid out whenever the person wants.

MY MAJOR IDEA WOULD BE THIS:

People make tons of spammy posts, and it can be hard to go through each accounts posts, to ensure that they are quality posts.  Hire someone to do that for you.  I WOULD LOVE THAT JOB......  I ave the free time to go through posts to make sure they are not just random bumps to increase the post counts.  Please keep that in mind.... it helps you pay for quality, not spam, and it gives me a job to do, since I am online all day for 16+ hours a day anyways.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:20:00 AM

Allow even new accounts to join.  I just saw these posts for paid signatures, and I understand that people might make multiple accounts.  But for people that do not, it puts them in a spot where they cannot participate.

If I was creating a sig program that was fair, I would think the following would be good ideas:

Allow any member, regardless of post count/join date.
Make the payments either weekly, or as you said, have a portal where they can be paid out whenever the person wants.

MY MAJOR IDEA WOULD BE THIS:

People make tons of spammy posts, and it can be hard to go through each accounts posts, to ensure that they are quality posts.  Hire someone to do that for you.  I WOULD LOVE THAT JOB......  I ave the free time to go through posts to make sure they are not just random bumps to increase the post counts.  Please keep that in mind.... it helps you pay for quality, not spam, and it gives me a job to do, since I am online all day for 16+ hours a day anyways.

The reason why old members are preferred is that the signature is applied to all their posts.
A good non spamming member will make 20-80 posts per month.

So , if a company hires you for a month , they will probably get 40 posts out of you , along with the signature being on 68 old ones.
They would get around 110 posts with their signature.

Now consider if a company hires me. I too would make around 40 posts , with the signature being on 310 old ones.
Instead of getting 110 posts , they would get 350 posts with the signature.

Secondly , spammy posts may be bad to users , but are not always bad for the companies.
A person on primedice advertising who gets paid 0.8 BTC has to post 4000 posts , the average of a hundred regular users.
While their posts may be annoying to most people , the signature is still plastered everywhere.
Nobody on the forums has not heard about primedice.

Back on topic :

Vineyard , I have sent you a private message.
Please read it and respond.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: