Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:19:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alerts on large token balance holder accounts  (Read 119 times)
Cryptofan12 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:04:52 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm wondering if it's possible to set up alerts/notifications on ethereum accounts (through ethplorer). For example, say I have some money invested in a ERC-20 token that has a pretty limited token-holder base meaning there are some very large individual token holders. It could be helpful if I could set an alert for whenever this token is moved from these accounts (or potentially more moved in). Another example could be putting an alert on a exchange account for when a low volume token deposit comes in (purpose being if a large balance of this token is deposited, it could be a signal that someone is looking to unload). The reason I'm wondering is because if this is possible, and I'm not doing this, I'm really doing myself a disservice as others probably are. Another scenario would be to put alerts on the ETH account attached to ICO company accounts. You get alerted when balances are moved, which could give you some insight into the company.

Many thanks!
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:20:15 PM

Unfortunately, this is no such function in ETH accounts or explorers. But it is possible to code a bot in Telegram or etc to notify you of the such transfers.
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:31:13 PM

etherscan has notification function, but it only notifies if eth arrives in address you specified to get notification for. you can use chrome plug-ins like distill or visualping which monitors changes in a page and send alerts if there's some change.
Cryptofan12 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:37:26 PM

Thank you!

Do you think those plug-ins would be difficult to set up? or require a lot of maintenance? I have 0 coding experience so that's a bit of an issue lol!
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 08:10:08 PM

Unfortunately, this is no such function in ETH accounts or explorers. But it is possible to code a bot in Telegram or etc to notify you of the such transfers.
There is nothing wrong with adding this feature. This is a good idea in addition to making it easier for users if their token price is skyrocketing especially on important sites like etherscan and ethplorer. Hopefully this comes to mind in heads of the developers of the site.
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:57:10 AM

Thank you!

Do you think those plug-ins would be difficult to set up? or require a lot of maintenance? I have 0 coding experience so that's a bit of an issue lol!
no coding experience is required to use the plug-ins. all you have to do is select few things or items for which you need notification when changed, chrome has to be opened all the time for plug-in to work as it will run in background. just give it a try.
Kallisteiros
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:58:24 PM

Thank you!

That's why I hope everyone in the future learns to code, and the whole world is APIzed. Then you would immediately see how easy it is to make a 10 line custom script hooking up to an Etherscan API and fetching any information you want.

Code:
import urllib, json, time, sys

url = "https://api.etherscan.io/api?module=logs&action=getLogs&fromBlock=6000000&toBlock=latest&address=0xd26114cd6EE289AccF82350c8d8487fedB8A0C07&topic0=0xddf252ad1be2c89b69c2b068fc378daa952ba7f163c4a11628f55a4df523b3ef&apikey=YourApiKeyToken"

while True:
    data = json.loads(urllib.urlopen(url).read())
    for tx in data['result']:
        moved = int(tx['data'], 16) / 1e18
        if moved > 1000000:
            print("Moved " + str(moved) + " OMG, transaction hash = "+tx['transactionHash']) # you can e.g. send email from here
            sys.exit()
    time.sleep(30)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: