Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:22:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **IN HAND** BTCGarden hardware - U.S. distribution 0.023Btc/Gh/s  (Read 6185 times)
Ytterbium (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:52:12 PM

Will you offer an unconditional BTC refund if you fail to ship within 24 hours of order receipt?

Here's what I put in the current terms of sale on the website.

Orders placed during the test run have a target ship date of Monday, January 13th. If we are unable to ship your order by 6pm on Tuesday, January 14th, you can chose to cancel your order and receive a full refund.

Although obviously I will need to update that as I already sent out the one order for today. It shipped less then 12 hours after the order was placed.

In general, if I'm not able to send a package within 48 hours (not counting weekends) I'll be happy to provide a refund.

They're just sitting there on a table, all I have to do is put them in a box and mail them.  There's not really any reason why I shouldn't be able to ship an order within 24 hours.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:00:37 PM

Will you offer an unconditional BTC refund if you fail to ship within 24 hours of order receipt?

Here's what I put in the current terms of sale on the website.

Orders placed during the test run have a target ship date of Monday, January 13th. If we are unable to ship your order by 6pm on Tuesday, January 14th, you can chose to cancel your order and receive a full refund.

Although obviously I will need to update that as I already sent out the one order for today. It shipped less then 12 hours after the order was placed.

In general, if I'm not able to send a package within 48 hours (not counting weekends) I'll be happy to provide a refund.

They're just sitting there on a table, all I have to do is put them in a box and mail them.  There's not really any reason why I shouldn't be able to ship an order within 24 hours.

Thank You!  Please update us if you receive a ton of orders and the table gets empty...

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 08:15:01 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 08:36:30 PM by Ytterbium

you've had a stick up your ass for days now about stupid technical lingo. These are a little more real then your unicornhashtothemoon nonsense.

that said, prices are way out of whack for the power efficiency of the device. The stack shown in the first picture (obviously not new - they are wired and in use) is 40 wired up units - less than 360GHash and drawing roughly 3500W. You could replace that entire stack with a 2/3-filled bitfury system that draws 10% of the power and is the size of about 3 of these stacked blades

the bitfury also costs about 30% less

The ones in the picture are the ones I'm mining with. The rest of them were just sitting in a box, and I actually went through tested/re-flashed all of them this morning, so they're ready to ship. (I actually did find one that didn't work, along with one with a non-functional blue LED and two with power sockets that were lose.)

The only real difference is that those are all configured with different IP addresses, while the "new" ones are all set to 192.168.1.200, 192.168.1.201 or 192.168.1.202 depending on what the factory sticker says.

It's true the bitfury costs less, per Gh/s, but the minimum order is like $1,600 (and it was like $2,800 a couple days ago). I wasn't expecting them to drop their prices so quickly, and I'm kind of just hoping they sell out in the next few days.   Grin

Thank You!  Please update us if you receive a ton of orders and the table gets empty...

So far I've only sold one, so it shouldn't be a big deal. And if I do accidentally go over I can ship the ones I've been mining with. Once those are gone I doubt it would even be possible for me to get any more.

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 10:11:44 PM

Oh, here's some pics I took while actually shipping the package:

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:50:25 PM

I'm surprised that you are able to sell at 0.03 BTC/GH in Jan.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 02:39:10 AM

He may be the first person to sell a "New" "InStock" asic.

Who also SHIPPED a NEW IN STOCK asic.

I can believe it.

Hell I might buy a few hundred.

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 03:25:22 PM

He may be the first person to sell a "New" "InStock" asic.

Who also SHIPPED a NEW IN STOCK asic.

I can believe it.

Hell I might buy a few hundred.

Well, I've only got about 52 or so left that I haven't been mining with (other then a few seconds to test them while I was going through and updating the firmware).  I also just ordered some more power supplies and Ethernet cables, I'm not planning on letting them just sit on a shelf for weeks waiting for someone to buy them  Grin

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:08:25 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 04:23:57 PM by cedivad

Good luck with what will come out of HF and CT fabs in the next weeks Smiley

(no blame for the prices, since that it's in hand hardware, but let's say that it's like AM in hand hardware, it will never return in the investment. Nothing against it, off course, always better than what i'm losing with HF).

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:47:01 PM

Good luck with what will come out of HF and CT fabs in the next weeks Smiley

(no blame for the prices, since that it's in hand hardware, but let's say that it's like AM in hand hardware, it will never return in the investment. Nothing against it, off course, always better than what i'm losing with HF).

I may lower my prices in a bit.  I didn't want to set the initial price to low and get swamped with orders that I couldn't process quickly enough. I'm also still building up my mining capacity. I'm up to 56 online right now, with some more power supplies coming soon.

hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:36:11 PM

Got my blade yesterday, and it's currently hashing at ~11GH/s. Setup was easy, essentially the same as an AM Blade (which is in the background in the pic.)

This shipped as soon as I ordered it. In-stock counts for a lot. Thanks!

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:25:51 AM

Got my blade yesterday, and it's currently hashing at ~11GH/s. Setup was easy, essentially the same as an AM Blade (which is in the background in the pic.)

This shipped as soon as I ordered it. In-stock counts for a lot. Thanks!

No problem!

lithod02

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:05:45 AM

Coming from a web background of over 20 years, you may want to make your site a little more visitor friendly.
1. not require a login, this isnt a piss contest for most members on a site
2. show what you are getting and price
3. what is required to run this equipment.
4. details

Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:43:54 PM

Coming from a web background of over 20 years, you may want to make your site a little more visitor friendly.
1. not require a login, this isnt a piss contest for most members on a site
2. show what you are getting and price
3. what is required to run this equipment.
4. details

There is a detailed setup guide here which does not require a log on and is linked on the front page of the site. You only need to sign up if you actually want to buy something. And all you need to do to sign up is pick a username and password, no email is required.  And the price is listed here in the thread.

There's also a note on the page indicating that the design isn't final. I spent most of my time prior to announcing the site working on the documentation, so that people who actually bought the products could use them, and obviously putting the product index on the front page of the store is part of the plan, but it's not a high priority item. It's also more complicated then you might think - it would only be a few lines of code to redirect to the signup page when someone isn't logged on and clicks 'buy' it massively increases the number of potential states the site can be in, which in turn increases the amount of time it takes to fully test every potential  path a user can take.

I've also been really busy - I've been working on expanding my mining operation, as well as shipping products, and I have other higher-priority features to add to the site, like coupons, the ability to add notes to orders and so on.

This isn't zappos.com, I'm not selling shoes. People are going to need to have a decent amount of technical ability in order to use these things and i'm not interested in selling them to people too dumb to use them.

freddyfarnsworth

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:59:19 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 08:16:52 PM by freddyfarnsworth

affordable to buy Smiley watching

ooops... saw .03 btc and went WoW missed the real price, .03 I have but thats it. I will keep dreaming.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Ytterbium (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:49:18 AM

affordable to buy Smiley watching

ooops... saw .03 btc and went WoW missed the real price, .03 I have but thats it. I will keep dreaming.

I just lowered the price to 0.196, which is about $120 or so with the recent btc price drops. These are by far the most affordable miners you can get, outside of USB miners that will never ROI.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: