Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-07-21] Bitcoin (Almost) Everywhere: 5 Crypto Debit Cards Worth Checking  (Read 165 times)
maarx (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:09:38 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 04:10:41 AM by maarx

Bitcoin (Almost) Everywhere: 5 Crypto Debit Cards Worth Checking Out

Mass, mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies might take a route few original cadres of developers and enthusiasts imagined — major payment processing, plastic debit cards. They’re incredibly handy for those wishing to use crypto while merchant adoption works itself out. Here are five such cards to consider: Wirex, Bitpay, Cryptopay, Xapo, and Shift.  

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-almost-everywhere-5-crypto-debit-cards-worth-checking-out/

5 Crypto Debit Cards Worth Checking Out

Significant strains of the broader crypto community (strident veterans of an ideological bent) chafe at cryptocurrency debit cards. They do in large part because such cards are in bed with sworn enemies, legacy banking: Visa, Mastercard. Indeed, it is the height of irony the very institutions crypto was designed to thwart are arguably crypto’s most popular onboarding forms.

Good sign of crypto's growth especially bitcoin's?

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iRakic

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:28:58 PM

It is a good idea to create a debit card for crypto, but I disagree that partnering up with major companies like Visa and MasterCard is good. Not because this is against crypto believes, but because Visa/MasterCard/others will not take crypto seriously and provide the best service.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:16:32 AM

Thank you, this article has been bookmarked and is very informative. I am familiar with only one of the cards, I didn't know there were other debit services available besides Conbase-Shift. This is awesome news!I It is nice to see that there are many more alternative options available for everyday commerce.

rakeshg

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:37:15 AM

What about Naga card
maarx (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:54:16 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 02:56:37 PM by maarx

What about Naga card

Hi dude, went through the details of Naga Card. It says "NAGA Debit Card holders will be able to use the card all over the world, wherever MasterCard is accepted". I am sure this would answer you. The link below may guide you through the information you require. Will post more details on this very soon.

https://medium.com/@thenagacoin/naga-debit-card-pre-registration-is-open-f24c3a629a4b

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:36:27 AM

Interesting to see another non USD card emerge. I've got the Wirex GBP card which seems to work OK. I only hope they don't all pile in with one provider again so they all die at once if the card provider wilts.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:55:38 PM

Bitcoin (Almost) Everywhere: 5 Crypto Debit Cards Worth Checking Out

Mass, mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies might take a route few original cadres of developers and enthusiasts imagined — major payment processing, plastic debit cards. They’re incredibly handy for those wishing to use crypto while merchant adoption works itself out. Here are five such cards to consider: Wirex, Bitpay, Cryptopay, Xapo, and Shift.  

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-almost-everywhere-5-crypto-debit-cards-worth-checking-out/

5 Crypto Debit Cards Worth Checking Out

Significant strains of the broader crypto community (strident veterans of an ideological bent) chafe at cryptocurrency debit cards. They do in large part because such cards are in bed with sworn enemies, legacy banking: Visa, Mastercard. Indeed, it is the height of irony the very institutions crypto was designed to thwart are arguably crypto’s most popular onboarding forms.

Good sign of crypto's growth especially bitcoin's?

Is this information up to date? Because I used to use Xapo and they discontinued their card. Did they start it again? I was expecting an email from them once they introduce the card service again.. Shocked
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:00:49 PM

Is this information up to date? Because I used to use Xapo and they discontinued their card. Did they start it again? I was expecting an email from them once they introduce the card service again.. Shocked

Looks like they ballsed up including Xapo as that's still dead. The other ones are all working as far as I can tell. Since cards have been available for Americans all the way through it's odd Xapo didn't pursue that. Guess it's more trouble than it's worth.
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:40:23 PM

Definitely that's a good sign in terms of crypto's growth. It's really great to be able to pay using these cards while shopping. It will enable the recognition and dissemination of the cryptos.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
Ultrasound

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:48:40 AM

It is a good idea to create a debit card for crypto, but I disagree that partnering up with major companies like Visa and MasterCard is good. Not because this is against crypto believes, but because Visa/MasterCard/others will not take crypto seriously and provide the best service.

Visa already got payment channels. It is better to use the existing Visa/Master cards channels.
hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:21:09 PM

As article states , there is not much alternatives because there are not many vendors who accept cryptos. There is hope that it will increase otherwise working crypto cards is a good way to spend your cryptos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: