Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:04:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm considering making a bitcoin information realtime notify website  (Read 926 times)
zorroII (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:02:58 AM

bitcoin exchange is a really crazy market, in the beginning, i was trying to follow the price wave, but without knowing the reason why, when and where it rises and drops, i lose money at times.Later I learned that most time the price wave might be driven by information or news of bitcoin, if i know the information early, i earns,and if i just follow the rising wave, i would be the sucker who takes high price, instead of focusing on the price, why not focusing on the news that drives price. So I was thinking, why not make a website or something, keeps an eye on the following and give me realtime notify
(1) press release from important bitcoin exchange (for things like mtgox shit)
(2) news from some bitcoin news site (for some international good news or bad news)
(3) altcoins supported by altcoin exchanges (that's because i found adding or removing a altcoin from exchange makes a huge impact on its market)
(4) recent chat logs filtered by keywords assigned from some important exchange or forum(to let you know what is happening right now and also for some messages not been covered above)

as i thought, this would like a bitcoin market perspective, it can
(1) to let you know what is happening on every aspect of bitcoin or altcoin market right now, so that you can make you investment decision.
(2) to give you couple of minutes to run away just before the earthquake happens, and also to make sure you are ready to pick when gold falls from sky.
(3) to give you enough information to see where bitcoin is going.

so what you guys think, any advises?
Dr. Sekxy

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:10:47 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/
zorroII (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:49:13 AM

in fact i think information on coindesk is a little bit delayed, many news are just comments and reviews posted after the price rise or to tell you what they think was happening. and what i thought was a source information delivery, you can get first hand information before people who watch news and make you decision. i have written a simple demo, and i got mtgox press release from it at least 2 min earlier than the price rise, coindesk's news comes like hours later.and you dont need to keep f5 the page
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:12:50 AM

I think think it's a nice idea, the more information available, the better Smiley
zorroII (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:46:37 AM

I think think it's a nice idea, the more information available, the better Smiley
thx, and it's faster and easy to use, im working on a prototype now
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:27:39 PM

Keep us posted Smiley  I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback from people on this forum...
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

bitcoin exchange is a really crazy market, in the beginning, i was trying to follow the price wave, but without knowing the reason why, when and where it rises and drops, i lose money at times.Later I learned that most time the price wave might be driven by information or news of bitcoin, if i know the information early, i earns,and if i just follow the rising wave, i would be the sucker who takes high price, instead of focusing on the price, why not focusing on the news that drives price. So I was thinking, why not make a website or something, keeps an eye on the following and give me realtime notify
(1) press release from important bitcoin exchange (for things like mtgox shit)
(2) news from some bitcoin news site (for some international good news or bad news)
(3) altcoins supported by altcoin exchanges (that's because i found adding or removing a altcoin from exchange makes a huge impact on its market)
(4) recent chat logs filtered by keywords assigned from some important exchange or forum(to let you know what is happening right now and also for some messages not been covered above)

as i thought, this would like a bitcoin market perspective, it can
(1) to let you know what is happening on every aspect of bitcoin or altcoin market right now, so that you can make you investment decision.
(2) to give you couple of minutes to run away just before the earthquake happens, and also to make sure you are ready to pick when gold falls from sky.
(3) to give you enough information to see where bitcoin is going.

so what you guys think, any advises?

Great thought man!!! keep updating the forum and let us know when you are online iam sure many people on this forum will be awaiting. Smiley
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:37:15 PM

Any new product, service, website in the Bitcoin space is desirable, so I would get going on it.  Make it happen.  Recruit writers.  Go at it full steam.

You never know where you'll be 5 years from now.  I started a website in 1999 while bored in my cubicle at work.   Now it grosses over 6 figures annually.

You just need the passion to keep going, and going, and going.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

i think making a realtime news provider os totally wrong.

there are too many media outlets that read something and post it immediately before even trying to understand what is being said or research if what is said is even true.

there is too much mis-information out there and a real time media outlet will just add to it.

you will not win any reputation or any kind of large following by printing FUD. so your business plan will fail shortly after its started.

a better business plan is to be a rival to coindesk, but where you actually research and counter-argue coindesks failure in their research. this woul lead to you getting a larger following by revealing the truths behind other media sources lies/misunderstandings.

i know this involves some man power to research stories, instead of just coding a bot to search for stories. but we as a community need something different then the usual lazy media that exists so far.

goodluck

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:23:00 PM

there are too many media outlets that read something and post it immediately before even trying to understand what is being said or research if what is said is even true.

there is too much mis-information out there and a real time media outlet will just add to it.

you will not win any reputation or any kind of large following by printing FUD. so your business plan will fail shortly after its started.

a better business plan is to be a rival to coindesk, but where you actually research and counter-argue coindesks failure in their research. this woul lead to you getting a larger following by revealing the truths behind other media sources lies/misunderstandings.

i know this involves some man power to research stories, instead of just coding a bot to search for stories. but we as a community need something different then the usual lazy media that exists so far.

goodluck

Couldn't he just put a disclaimer at the top stating that the facts have not been checked and that it is just a melting pot of news articles that have been recently written?   Despite a lot of the articles being inaccurate, I like being able to look at once central spot (FUD or not), rather than googling and having to go to a dozen websites just to see what is in the media for the day...
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:24:49 PM

I think any thing that promotes Bitcoin could be useful now maybe the site won't take off and won't have much interest but if you spend enough time in it and focus on updating it with articles then I cant see why it wouldn't be popular.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:32:09 PM

goodluck

Couldn't he just put a disclaimer at the top stating that the facts have not been checked and that it is just a melting pot of news articles that have been recently written?   Despite a lot of the articles being inaccurate, I like being able to look at once central spot (FUD or not), rather than googling and having to go to a dozen websites just to see what is in the media for the day...

I tend to agree with this idea since the OP's intent is to get all of the news that is affecting price in real-time. So he'll inherently be taking all sources whether they are FUD or not.

The problem is knowing which piece of news really is affecting price. But that's a different type of analytic that may be best suited for something else.
zorroII (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:49:11 AM

goodluck

thx for reply, franky1. what you said has no problem, and i have thought about that earlier, but as i said, bitcoin market is very crazy, any information, FUD or not, may cause a huge impact on market price, let's assume that most people here in the market are to earn money, rather than finding the truth, one standing before such a huge impact, even knowing that it's not the truth, if he want to earn money, i guess he might have only one choice. what i want to build is tool for people to make decision and earn money.
zorroII (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:57:46 AM

thx for all you guys' reply, i am now working on a dome, it's pretty busy on daily work these days, so may take some time. i'll keep here informed with any progress.
zorroII (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:31:18 AM

Keep us posted Smiley  I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback from people on this forum...
i will, thx
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:11:43 PM

I think your idea is basically a good one zorroII, but it will be in the execution of it that will determine whether it adds to Bitcoin or takes away. There is a constant cry on here to stop spreading FUD. It's true that there are people who are just overly negative about Bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general. But what I don't agree with is the almost fanatical responses by some people when someone tries to have a rational debate about the genuine downside and risks, and they get howled down. That's a "hear no evil, see no evil...." approach which is the hallmark of a fool. We have to discuss the potential for failure as well as the potential for success. People on here are "investing" in Bitcoin, yet it isn't a stock, it isn't an entity with a balance sheet you can peruse and it holds no intrinsic value in and of itself. It will increase in value the more it become a currency people actually want to and can use. that's a fundamental point. If it remains just a currency the bulk of people hold onto for speculative purposes, it will go nowhere as it just follows the normal laws of speculative bubbles (which have been repeated and repeated throughout human history ad-nauseum)

If you can create a news service that looks at major influences (and influencers) and helps the serious bitcoinophile be more aware, your website will eventually become something of great value.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 04:32:27 PM

I'd love this
Waking up to a huge price swing and not knowing why is scary

Pages: [1]
  Print