Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government to own identity on blockchain in future ?  (Read 610 times)
cryptowaltz (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:30:37 AM

With so many new blockchains coming on a daily basis, do you think there will also be a time when government will decide to open a public blockchain ? If yes, would they prefer to operate identity based blockchain or something else ?

If governments own identity based blockchain, government will be able to monetize this data and help the world become tax free ? Anyways people are talking about 'basic universal income' in the world of Artifical Intelligence (future).

Do you think that instead of asking taxes from public, government will give them the money in return of their basic data to be stored on the blockchain ??

Afterall, what sense does it make in the current system if someone goes to a bar and shows a driving license ? The bartender doesnt needs to know your address - on the driving license.. He just needs to know whether you are 18 plus or not... May be he can just run a check on government based blockchain in future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burgerpatty

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:34:26 AM

With so many new blockchains coming on a daily basis, do you think there will also be a time when government will decide to open a public blockchain ? If yes, would they prefer to operate identity based blockchain or something else ?

In that scenario, what would happen to Civic Identity based solution running on bitcoin blockchain or similar solutions ?

If governments own identity based blockchain, government will be able to monetize this data and help the world become tax free ? Anyways people are talking about 'basic universal income' in the world of Artifical Intelligence (future).

You should be able to monetize your data.. Government monetizing your data doesnt makes sense to me..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 06:18:09 AM

I do not expect a complete abandonment of the paper money at the moment. If there is the possibility of using the Blockchain by the central banks, I do not think there is anything that prevents governments from creating their own cryptos.
Definitely will not be anonymous currencies and users will be linked to their ID.
Nor do I expect there to be a high transparency for each system.

I do not expect governments to give up taxes and since these currencies will be central, I think taxes will be deducted more easily.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 07:06:11 AM

If your identity and private information will be placed in a ledger that is visible to public eye is very dangerous. Imagine if those people who are less fortunate trying to access information to those billionaires and wait outside of their homes to beg or ask for solicitations or worst steal their wealth.

This is invasion of privacy and I truly believe that this won't happen in the future. Even the government won't sign up for this for it can destroy people's lives and families.
opendata

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:08:44 AM

I do not expect a complete abandonment of the paper money at the moment. If there is the possibility of using the Blockchain by the central banks, I do not think there is anything that prevents governments from creating their own cryptos.
Definitely will not be anonymous currencies and users will be linked to their ID.
Nor do I expect there to be a high transparency for each system.

3. Reverse/delete transaction, which totally kill the idea of blockchain

Basically, it's not much different with today's system.

How can they reverse/ delete a transaction. There is no such thing as editable blockchain ! Basic 101

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:10:36 AM

Its very possible to happen in order to efficiently  deliver services to its constituents. Though there are pros and cons about this, we hope it will be addressed.Having a blockchain based governance means its transparent and its like an open book. Security matters should be addressed too.

Open for Campaigns
ResuLT

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:07:17 AM

I hope these taxes can be gone forever because I cannot even pay it for some reasons that make me cannot pay.  Embarrassed
A decentralized thing on a country should be implemented so that they can even bring many efforts to their country.
giacatluong

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:32:33 AM

If government agree to open a blockchain, it would be a new beginning for Bitcoin step up to new height and growth. With government intervention, we secure more about transactions and avoid risk from hackers .
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:00:05 AM

How can they reverse/ delete a transaction? There is no such thing as editable blockchain! Basic 101
It 's possible and can happen in Bitcoin; you need to have access to the longest series/chain "The longest chain is always reliable/trusted So the blocks from all the mines could not work against you."
So a 51% attack can reverse a transaction.
If the government issues its currency, all the nodes under its control & will always have trust under its control.

Read more:

Need an explanation over 51% attack.
     How strong is Bitcoin against 51% attack!

If government agree to open a blockchain, it would be a new beginning for Bitcoin step up to new height and growth. With government intervention, we secure more about transactions and avoid risk from hackers.
I do not think the government's use of cryptos will end the danger of hacking, as the hackers can still hack markets and others, but they will have a safe payment.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:11:13 AM

Blockchain technology can change the way many governments operate by improving efficiency and data transparency.
The government is suitable to use blockchain technology, which can effectively solve the problem of inefficiency and waste!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
DJ_Rick

Activity: 241
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:17:13 AM

I think that this is possible but i m not sure that this will happen for sure. In my opinion, this is one of the possible solutions but nobody knows whether it will happen like this or it will be another way
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:21:57 AM

This is the most ridiculous idea about blockchain i've ever seen.
Blockchain is a decentralized system,where nobbody has full control over it.If the government creates and owns a blockchain,it won`t be decentralized,which means that this won`t be a blockchain,it will be just a centralized digital way of storing information.This system can`t be funded by "selling user data".Don`t make me laugh.

gobingo

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:29:36 AM

if the government implements blockchain technology it will be very good and the government has their own identity, this will make progress very great in the world of technology, especially in managing data.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 03:36:44 AM

Well, the government is already collecting the data and using it with or without your permission so it doesn't make any sense for them to pay for that data because they are already doing it anyway. It's not just the private companies tracking us all the time but the government is also involved in snooping activities. As far is blockchain is concerned, some governments are in the process of utilising this technology in multiple sectors.
SlashEject

Activity: 219

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:26:57 PM

I don't thing government is a very big issue cause they didn't directly say anything against it,  I guess because of some internal issues it is not supported by them but in the future they will be more friendly and supportive towards cryptocurrency and blockchain
leoliln45

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

Seems a good idea. If this happens, data transparency, security and data sharing would be much easier and without a limitation.
a2zC

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:37:24 PM

From my point of view it would new beginning for bitcoin if the government want to open a new blockchain. It will definitely step up new growth and height. To avoid risk from the hackers we secure more transaction with the help of government.
criptogenious

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 02:30:08 PM

I think it is a good idea for the future, but what I don't agree with is government paying for our ideas. Rather the scenario should be vice versa. But, if it happens, we will have data transparency, security and data sharing without any limit. But it is very unlikely to happen as governments won't make a centralized system to help everyone in the country.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:05:41 PM

It is very unlikely to happend because, Government will never own something which is a decentralized system, whatever government has created and imposed on the citizens so far are all centralized systems. Even if government makes a centralized system, what would be it's use? Selling user data to other people/governments? Don't think so.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:28:04 PM

That is the future of money where both government and individual will embrace bitcoin and the blockchain technology and make full use of it as it is now the blockchain is easier to be operated rather then the traditional financial institutions that we have all around. The government owing a public blockchain will build more confidence in the people to embrace cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: