Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:27:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good exchanges for trading PPCoin to BTC or other alt coins?  (Read 411 times)
gorgatron (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:04:41 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:02:11 AM by gorgatron

So far, when I've purchased PPCoin with fiat gained from selling BTC or simply trading BTC of PPCoin, I've been using BTC-e. I do not like them when it comes to BTC transfers, however. I was one of those affected by their halt on withdraws, and it makes me a bit nervous. I haven't been using them long enough to act like I know what the issue really was (don't really buy the 'transaction malleability' line they fed everyone, as that seems like every exchange has been using it to halt transactions, and I do not see that as a good sign). I did get my BTC transfer, but I know there are some still waiting, and I've gotten to know some of them. It has definitely shaken what little trust we had. Fortunately, transferring other crypto currencies out of BTC-e is rather simple, so while I still don't mind trading for other alt currencies there, I'm looking for other platforms to exchange my PPCoin, and perhaps other alt coins down the line. Cryptsy seems to be very popular, but before experimenting, I'd really like to hear some feedback from experienced users/traders, and if there are other suggestions, I'm open to them. I'm also not set on trading to BTC. That's the coin I want to end up with (or LTC), but I want other options apart from BTC-e.

I wanted to post this here at Bitcointalk because, though I do not post here very often, I've followed the community for over 1.5 years, and if someone smells a scam, they tell the whole world. I'm an experienced BTC miner and trader, and have exchanges I prefer when it comes to BTC (BTC-e is definitely not one of them), but when it comes to other alt coins, I'd prefer feedback from those of you who have experience with alt coin exchanges aside from BTC-e. I'm willing to provide a small BTC or PPCoin tip to whomever gives me some candid, sound advice. It won't be a lot, but might pay for a small lunch.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Note: I edited this to trim it down a bit. I realize I write long posts. I'm more accustomed to writing essays, not forum posts. Sorry.
gorgatron (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:02:01 AM

I can't delete my own posts, so would a moderator please do so. If I've not receive a response in over day, I see no point in leaving this post.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: