Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why i will invest in Crytpocurrencies and forget ICO's  (Read 1103 times)
Vsamuel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:08:15 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 12:03:34 PM by Vsamuel

This is what i would advice,... Invest in cryptocurrencies listed on coin market cap and forget ICOs.
Reasons:
1. Coins listed on coin market cap are more reliable to invest in than coin yet to be listed on coin market cap/being offered during initial sales.
2. Lately most ICOs are scam.
3. Lately most ICOs do not reach their soft cap. Hence, chances are, you may either get you money back same or depreciated or loss it entirely
4. Coins listed on coin market cap have been listed on most trading sites. Hence, you get the chance to participate in any form of trading you desire.

Caution:
Before you invest in a particular coin listed on coin market cap
1. Take a careful look at the price graph of coins and decide which coin interest you
2. Read more about how to invest in your desired coin. the pros and cons.
3. Work your way out to make your first investment.

Before you invest in an ICO,
1. Gain indepth knowledge about every aspect of the Project
2. Ask yourself whether the Project is worth your investment?.
3. Ask yourself would other people have interest in the project?
4. Ask yourself whether, the project has greater chance of hitting it soft and hard cap during token sale?
5. Measure your level of suspicion of scam behind the project.

Remember: if soft cap is not achieved the project becomes unsuccessful, Hence your investment might be interrupted
                If soft cap and hard cap are achieved, probability of the team running away with your money is pretty high.
Therefore becareful the kinda ICOs you invest in

The above is entirely my opinion. Please share yours below if you agree or disagree
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:17:57 AM

the main reason which you forgot among your list of reasons is that when you invest in an altcoin that has already been around it means you have some history to work with.
for example an altcoin that has been around for at least a couple of weeks has an established market and a nice chart that you can look at to see the volumes, the current price and the changes of it throughout all its lifetime,... and you can use all that to analyze the coin and make a better investment decision and reduce the risks of your investment.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:20:22 AM

But even if you invest in altcoin, they used to raise money through ICO.
At present, most altcoin faces unstable policy factors, so I prefer to invest in BTC. Grin

rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:15:00 AM

This is totally up to you where you would like to invest your money. ANd I am unanimous with you on this that it is far safe to invest in coins than ICO. It is tough to find a legit  ICO and there is found a far difference between what the white paper of the icos says and what they actually deliver.
Froby

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:19:34 AM

ICOs are not that bad for invest. But it will be risky for those who doesn’t want to research thoroughly before investing. And I prefer investing on popular coins like BTC, ETH etc.
EzatorFI

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:24:36 AM

This is what i would advice,... Invest in cryptocurrencies listed on coin market cap and forget ICOs.
Reasons:
1. Coins listed on coin market cap are more reliable to invest in than coin yet to be listed on coin market cap/being offered during initial sales.
3. Lately most ICOs do not reach their soft cap. Hence, chances are, you may either get you money back same or depreciated or loss it entirely
4. Coins listed on coin market cap have been listed on most trading sites. Hence, you get the chance to participate in any form of trading you desire.

Caution:
1. Take a careful look at the price graph of coins and decide which coin interest you

4. Ask yourself whether, the project has greater chance of hitting it soft and hard cap during token sale?

Remember: if soft cap is not achieved the project becomes unsuccessful, Hence your investment might be interrupted
                If soft cap and hard cap are achieved, probability of the team running away with your money is pretty high.

The above is entirely my opinion. Please share yours below if you agree or disagree

Basically, I agree with you. But no one says that in ICOs you need to invest all your money. Despite the fact that the situation in the ICO market is bad and a lot of failed projects, some of them can still give a good profit. Personally, I try to allocate 20-25% of my money for this, because I'm sure that if the market starts to grow, ICO projects will also show themselves well.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:38:36 AM

Coins listed on coin market cap are more reliable to invest in than coin yet to be listed on coin market cap/being offered during initial sales.
I have great doubts about this statement. As an example, take two projects: Fantom and Vite. What can you say for these projects, they are not on "coin market cap".!?
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:44:42 AM

Reasons:

Caution:

As my opinion because I was also invest my money in this both categories cryptocurrencies and also in ICO's its better to be meticulous before you decide to invest your money in that certain ICO, because as what you have said and it was very true that their are many ICO are involved in scamming but not all that is why we have to be careful in choosing it.
Badman-Crypto

Activity: 57
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:18:54 AM

There has been a recent trend of projects cancelling ICOs and funding through private investors only and a large bounty campaign to distrubute tokens to smaller holders and promote the project.
It seem's like a model without many downsides, small investors are risk free as all they are investing is time, project is happy because they get cheap promotion and private investors still get to invest.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
menez.trending

Activity: 51
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 11:21:19 AM

ICOs as the name say, is the initial coin offering so you don't have knowledge of the crypto record that it has. I personally don't agree 100% with you point but I understand. In my opinion ICOs are good options but you have to do a obligatory research about their team, vision, where they are located, investors, public acceptance, etc. There Arévalo too many factors that involves a good ICO so don't throw all of it away just for a bad experience or just for a lazy research you did. Good investments comes with good research and a ton of work Smiley
coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:38:20 AM

alt coins have some issues with policies, transparency and mining which is too vague, as well as unstable for investors looking for stability. In this case looking at the market for a new growth and analyzing it, the most consistently uprising was BTC. so now you know where to invest.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:08:28 PM

Even while investing in a coin that has already been listed, one needs to do that carefully. I invested into a coin recently, well fortunately for me, i sold it when i realized i had got some profit. Just recently, i had to check back to see the progress of the coin. To my amazement, it has plunged and it's still struggling to rise. It has also been delisted from one of the exchanges.
Research is very essentially before investing into both ICO and coins already listed.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 12:23:42 PM

I think while there are lots of reasons to invest in cryptocurrencies, there is no reason to invest in most tokens. I am not talking about pros and cons of investing in tokens there is really no reason! I only invest in tokens like oax as they care for decentralization.
mairespleet

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:38:03 PM

What you said in the discussion is really helpful for the initiators but should not completely deny ICOs. ICO has a real amount of opportunities though there are many chances of scam what everywhere in the world is. If you came to crypto-space to gain, you must consider the risks. You should be always cautious and always try to be updated with knowledge and act in the right time. Take decisions considering your own interest in it.
Letre

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:44:04 PM

You might right but I think investing in ICO is also profitable in some cases. There is some problems in almost every sector but that doesn't mean that it will not succeed. But it's true that everyone must be cautious while investing in crypto market.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:45:26 PM

Well, but you must also e very careful when selecting a coin to invest because that coin might be hyped or influenced to increase in price and you may be dumped on. Always make Bitcoin your first choice anyways. Also, though there are many unsuccessful ICOs and scam ones around, there are good ones as well and people have made money from that.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:33:40 PM

Sometimes, it is easier to invest in ALTcoins because of the track record or footprint available, you can easily predict or analyze the nature of it's growth or dip. However, ICOs are like pure gambles, no proven track record rather you have to invest based on your analyzation and faith. But, both can be profitable if invested with extensive research and information.
Hurs1965

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:36:23 PM

I think if you invest in Bitcoin or Altcoin, it will be more profitable than ICO and I am doing it now. If you were investing in altcoin, they will use it to collect money through ICO. I like to invest altcoin beside ICO.
Fornam

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:06:40 PM

Yes i agree with you. I think before invest we have to gather proper knowledge. If you are able to answer all of the above question hopefully you will be succeed in your crypto market future.
jwplayer0
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 30

[REP] Augur

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:04:19 PM

There is a high probability that in a fallen market it is more profitable to invest in altcoins, which is already traded on the stock exchange, and not in the ICO.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: