Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin rise again or it is still crashing???  (Read 7660 times)
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:45:54 PM

I'm not sure that we've hit the floor yet; sub $500 prices may be coming later this month and March. A wise speculator would hodl and buy more, because when price rallies to $5000 later this year, people will be asking themselves, 'why didn't i buy any of those cheap $500-$600 coins??' Sounds crazy now but it will happen.

As bear market deniers like to keep telling everyone. Just because it happened twice before, doesn't necessarily mean it is going to happen in the same way again.

What if Bitcoin at the end of 2014, is only $500? Or even less? What then? And why do you think that this is beyond the realms of all possibility?

Oh it's a possibility alright, but I think that possibility is small if you look at all what's happening around bitcoin. But who knows, a longer term bear market of a year or two is definitely within the realms of possibility if issues keep popping up and the infrastructure isn't growing as well as people thought. Masterluc, by many considered to be the best analyst on this forum, has predicted exactly that and people laughed at him. I personally don't think it will happen, but anyone who simply discounts this as a real possibility is not being realistic. The opposite could also happen however, and bears who discount the possibility that the price will start rallying in the coming months towards crazy new highs are equally foolish.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:04:56 PM

I'm not sure that we've hit the floor yet; sub $500 prices may be coming later this month and March. A wise speculator would hodl and buy more, because when price rallies to $5000 later this year, people will be asking themselves, 'why didn't i buy any of those cheap $500-$600 coins??' Sounds crazy now but it will happen.

As bear market deniers like to keep telling everyone. Just because it happened twice before, doesn't necessarily mean it is going to happen in the same way again.

What if Bitcoin at the end of 2014, is only $500? Or even less? What then? And why do you think that this is beyond the realms of all possibility?

Oh it's a possibility alright, but I think that possibility is small if you look at all what's happening around bitcoin. But who knows, a longer term bear market of a year or two is definitely within the realms of possibility if issues keep popping up and the infrastructure isn't growing as well as people thought. Masterluc, by many considered to be the best analyst on this forum, has predicted exactly that and people laughed at him. I personally don't think it will happen, but anyone who simply discounts this as a real possibility is not being realistic. The opposite could also happen however, and bears who discount the possibility that the price will start rallying in the coming months towards crazy new highs are equally foolish.

Every new and upcoming technology will always have setbacks.   I am 100% confident in the growth of bitcoin on a long term scale, but I think in the short term it is going to be a rocky road...   Still opportunities to buy on the dips (and sell on the highs if that is what you want to do).   The astronomical margins are probably gone for the time being however...
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:37:00 PM

The astronomical margins are probably gone for the time being however...

when bitcoin was at double digits, we imagined what would happen when investors with millions usd would be coming into coins. now we know what happens, the next question is, what will happen when investors with billions usd would be coming into coins. this should happen somewhen in '14-'16 range, margins should be about the same size, different order of magnitude.

this current shitstorm does not matter, only for mid-term speculation. if anything, it shows quite a lot of maturity in the market - only 50% retraction from ATH, solid price supports ignoring the whole dying mtgox situation (remember the last two crashes mtgox was calling all the shots), stable foundation for current services development and future growth.

i am satoshi
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:15:03 PM

The astronomical margins are probably gone for the time being however...

when bitcoin was at double digits, we imagined what would happen when investors with millions usd would be coming into coins. now we know what happens, the next question is, what will happen when investors with billions usd would be coming into coins. this should happen somewhen in '14-'16 range, margins should be about the same size, different order of magnitude.

this current shitstorm does not matter, only for mid-term speculation. if anything, it shows quite a lot of maturity in the market - only 50% retraction from ATH, solid price supports ignoring the whole dying mtgox situation (remember the last two crashes mtgox was calling all the shots), stable foundation for current services development and future growth.

In addition, probably sooner than later a major bank is going to come out and publicly back and/or start getting involved in bitcoin.   I guarantee they are all mitigating the risk and exposure right now, because they realize how profitable it could be for them to be the first major bank involved.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:38:36 AM

It will crash hard, we won´t see 1000$ any time soon(if ever)

Did you ever run out of energies? Really, I'm impressed by your commitment Tongue 

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:53:32 AM

$100k by tomorrow, confrimed.  Very confrimed.
lilphilog (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:07:00 AM

Get a back bone fucker. Either hodl or be a pussy, sell and don't ever come back.

Man fuck you bitch, im asking a simple question there is no need to go on your period just because of that. Die slow.
lilphilog (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:09:04 AM

Don't be in a hurry for your bitcoins to reach their potential value. Will the whole bitcoin economy be worth more than $8 billion in a few years? Many people who understand the technology think that it, or cryptocurrencies in general, will replace a lot of the current global financial infrastructure eventually, which is worth trillions. Will it be a smooth ride up until then? Definitely not. Will it go a lot lower on the way? Maybe. Take a chance if you're greedy, or just sit tight and hold. These forums are full of people weeping about how they were just about the buy back in at $2, $5, $200, whatever. I sold a few at $100 in July thinking it wouldn't see that high again. If you can afford what you have spent on them then hold on to them, if not, sell the bitcoins you can't afford and stop worrying. In the end it's your choice.

Thanks for your input, i appreciate it.
lilphilog (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:11:36 AM

You have to evaluate, the reason that you bought the btc in the first place.   Was it because you wanted to be part of something new?   Did you want to be a participant in a vehicle that has the potential to change the financial world as we know it?   Or were you just hoping to double your money in a few days/weeks/months?  Also you need to evaluate if it could affect your life if the value halved again, or even worse.  

If the value plummeting could adversely affect your life, or make you lose sleep, then maybe selling is the best option for you.   If it was the latter, and you want to be a part of the bigger picture, then definitely hold.   There is definitely still the potential for massive growth, it is just starting to look like it is on a much bigger timetable than most had hoped.  

If you bought only a few btc, and your idea was to  get rich quick, then that idea is pretty much out the window for the time being.   That doesn't mean that you are not going to make long term gains on the investment, however.   Keep in mind that a 10-12% return on a stock market investment is still considered strong.  You can still reap those returns on any given day in the btc market.

Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it... I bought them to buy a couple of things and i seen how low it was and thinking should i buy more and hold on to some but regardless i'm still gonna make a couple of purchases. i definitely didnt buy them to sell them or anything of that sort.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:26:26 AM

Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it... I bought them to buy a couple of things and i seen how low it was and thinking should i buy more and hold on to some but regardless i'm still gonna make a couple of purchases. i definitely didnt buy them to sell them or anything of that sort.

Hold on!

How much did you pay for these Bitcoins?

If you managed to buy in the $500's, then sell! Bitcoin may have another little spurt higher, it may not, but what is looking increasingly certain is another retest of the $540 support.

Don't be a Bitcoin Nutter. There is no worthy ideological libertarian movement here. Bitcoin is a cornered shark infested market that just also happens to be full of dumb shark meat that got nice and fat and had their own stupidity actually rewarded on the parabolic rise. Thus there are many stupid noveau riche cunts around here who also think they are smart, but believe me, they aint and you would be a fool to have your thinking tainted by them.

Bitcoin from here on out is all about the bottom line and don't let any false paradigm worshipping retard convince you otherwise.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:25:28 AM

Get a back bone fucker. Either hodl or be a pussy, sell and don't ever come back.
Yeah, shorting is for pussies who are too weak to take a loss - real men take it in the ass and smile, damnit!
bitpop, were you born stupid or did you fall onto your head at some point?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 05:39:30 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:42:53 PM by bitpop

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:49:38 AM

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - Yoda

The market has just finished with fear. Now, judging from this thread, it is apparently in anger (or hate). After anger will be hate, and then suffering (despair stage). Only after suffering is over will the capitulation finally be complete.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:56:10 AM

Now that's the passion I like to see, get fired up. We are making history here.

LOLOL Having fun?

I see you're a Hero Member. You've obviously been around long enough to actually have some experience.

Does that make you a Bitcoin Nutter?

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

FNG

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:27:48 AM

$600's are like the $July 60's. Incredible buying opportunity for those who got in on the latest rally
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:46:16 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:45:59 PM by bitpop

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:46:47 AM

$600's are like the $July 60's. Incredible buying opportunity for those who got in on the latest rally

Exactly. After bottoming out at $50 (~166% of the previous major bubble's high) final capitulation was about 33% higher than the bottom.

After bottoming out at $400-450 (depending on the exchange) or about 166% of the previous major bubble's high, final capitulation at about $600 (or a bit less) would represent the same 33% difference.

Edit- Obviously I'm not counting the recent Gox fiasco or the recent $100 silliness, just actual sustained trading on working exchanges.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:34:10 AM

Exactly. After bottoming out at $50 (~166% of the previous major bubble's high) final capitulation was about 33% higher than the bottom.

After bottoming out at $400-450 (depending on the exchange) or about 166% of the previous major bubble's high, final capitulation at about $600 (or a bit less) would represent the same 33% difference.

Edit- Obviously I'm not counting the recent Gox fiasco or the recent $100 silliness, just actual sustained trading on working exchanges.
How can you possibly compare $600s to $60s?   $60s lasted THREE DAYS. $600s have lasted TWO WEEKS now, there is now no volume on bitstamp again, and the 3D emas JUST crossed down.

This is more like $100 in June.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:57:50 AM

The value of your coin is what you paid for it, at the least... Accept nothing less, Accept anything greater. Expect nothing except what you paid for it.

If you were lucky and got it cheap, great! If not, then you just have to wait until someone sees your coin as worth more than you paid for it. Just like anything-else in life, except FIAT... That is the only time it is ever what the govt and banks tell you it is worth, unless you stop listening to them, and sell it on ebay for more than it is worth. (Yes, they do that. Look at the Zimbabwe 100-trillion dollar bill, worth $0.000000000000000000001 USD, sold for up to $5.00 USD on ebay! Even US-Pennies get sold for dollars.)

Lead or follow, just don't get left behind!

In the end, it is only what you make it to be... If you do nothing, then expect nothing. You want it to be more, make it more! Otherwise you are just another spectator, holding a coin, waiting for a free ride. Free rides take longer than walking or running.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:44:55 PM

Yup. Bitstamp is eerily quiet, low volume, pretty much static.
-> something is about to happen
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: