Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin rise again or it is still crashing???  (Read 7660 times)
lilphilog (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:16:25 AM

I just bought some btc recently and was wondering if i should keep it until btc rises....
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:22:48 AM

HODL!

Alternatively: omg get out, sell, quick, it's gonna crash!!! and besides I need to buy your coins cheaply right?

Summary: it's difficult to take any answer you would get here as an honestly held belief.

For what it's worth: I am not sure which way prices will go when MtGox finally either opens the floodgates or dies outright. I do think that if there's a crash, it will recover. I'm not into tons of risk but I've already covered the amount I put in to bitcoin, so I'll be happy to hold for the foreseeable future and see what happens.

Good luck!
lilphilog (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:25:27 AM

HODL!

Alternatively: omg get out, sell, quick, it's gonna crash!!! and besides I need to buy your coins cheaply right?

Summary: it's difficult to take any answer you would get here as an honestly held belief.

For what it's worth: I am not sure which way prices will go when MtGox finally either opens the floodgates or dies outright. I do think that if there's a crash, it will recover. I'm not into tons of risk but I've already covered the amount I put in to bitcoin, so I'll be happy to hold for the foreseeable future and see what happens.

Good luck!

Thats true, i think i might just hold on to these... that would be the best option right now, plus if it rise back i would have a great profit for my investment.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:00:47 AM

I just bought some btc recently and was wondering if i should keep it until btc rises....

If you just recently bought them, you probably don't want to sell at a loss, or barely any gain. Either hold onto them or spend them with someone that will keep pushing the ecosystem forward
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 08:43:47 AM

Record breaking ATH soon, you have made a good decision.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 08:47:30 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:43:08 PM by bitpop

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:37:36 AM

I'm not sure that we've hit the floor yet; sub $500 prices may be coming later this month and March. A wise speculator would hodl and buy more, because when price rallies to $5000 later this year, people will be asking themselves, 'why didn't i buy any of those cheap $500-$600 coins??' Sounds crazy now but it will happen.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:39:50 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:43:15 PM by bitpop

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:17:56 AM

It will crash hard, we won´t see 1000$ any time soon(if ever)

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:35:33 AM

It will crash hard, we won´t see 1000$ any time soon(if ever)

No more triple digits for 2013..... the triple digit myth..... capitulation to below $30..... the Bitcoin bubble has burst....

As Yogi Berra said, it's deja vu all over again. Just add a zero.   Smiley
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:51:55 AM

Don't be in a hurry for your bitcoins to reach their potential value. Will the whole bitcoin economy be worth more than $8 billion in a few years? Many people who understand the technology think that it, or cryptocurrencies in general, will replace a lot of the current global financial infrastructure eventually, which is worth trillions. Will it be a smooth ride up until then? Definitely not. Will it go a lot lower on the way? Maybe. Take a chance if you're greedy, or just sit tight and hold. These forums are full of people weeping about how they were just about the buy back in at $2, $5, $200, whatever. I sold a few at $100 in July thinking it wouldn't see that high again. If you can afford what you have spent on them then hold on to them, if not, sell the bitcoins you can't afford and stop worrying. In the end it's your choice.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:02:05 AM

If I tell you that bitcoin is going to crash to zero will you sell me your bitcoins right now?
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:03:18 AM

Chart says bottom could be around 420 but hodl if you don't want to take counterparty risk by using exchanges.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:46:46 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 03:56:59 PM by MatTheCat

Be aware, that the Bitcoin Nutters on this forum have been telling n00bs to buy and hold all the way down from $1200. I see you are getting the same 'advice'.

What to do would depend on what price you bought in at. As I type, the short term charts are very depressed, and perhaps due for a small swing-back up the way, but it will just be a small one and another proper price nose dive is certainly overdue. However, there is the MtGox thing to come yet. Perhaps some 'good news' from Gox will result in a temporary price upswing. It won't fool me into thinking bear market is done but Bitcoin is full to the brim of extremely dumb money, and who is to argue with the masses if they are putting their collective money where their mouths are? If we get an upswing from Gox re-enabling BTC withdrawals (a big fkn IF btw), then that is your chance to liquidise your Bitcoin holdings. If their is a Gox inspired upswing it may be brief as exasperated investors and arbitrage takers look to liquidise their Gox BTC on the likes of Bitstamp immediately.

I'm not sure that we've hit the floor yet; sub $500 prices may be coming later this month and March. A wise speculator would hodl and buy more, because when price rallies to $5000 later this year, people will be asking themselves, 'why didn't i buy any of those cheap $500-$600 coins??' Sounds crazy now but it will happen.

As bear market deniers like to keep telling everyone. Just because it happened twice before, doesn't necessarily mean it is going to happen in the same way again.

What if Bitcoin at the end of 2014, is only $500? Or even less? What then? And why do you think that this is beyond the realms of all possibility?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

If the bitcoin price is not what you want it to be...just wait.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:56:38 PM

Anyone prepared to call the bottom?
Based on nothing more scientific than a finger in the wind (which is actually quite a lot more scientific than a lot of people on these forums rely on) I'll say $400, Bitstamp.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:57:29 PM

Based on nothing more scientific than a finger in the wind (which is actually quite a lot more scientific than a lot of people on these forums rely on) I'll say $400, Bitstamp.

LOWER!

And over a much longer time period than the perma-bulls have the patience for, which is why it will be the true final capitulation.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:58:19 PM

You have to evaluate, the reason that you bought the btc in the first place.   Was it because you wanted to be part of something new?   Did you want to be a participant in a vehicle that has the potential to change the financial world as we know it?   Or were you just hoping to double your money in a few days/weeks/months?  Also you need to evaluate if it could affect your life if the value halved again, or even worse.  

If the value plummeting could adversely affect your life, or make you lose sleep, then maybe selling is the best option for you.   If it was the latter, and you want to be a part of the bigger picture, then definitely hold.   There is definitely still the potential for massive growth, it is just starting to look like it is on a much bigger timetable than most had hoped.  

If you bought only a few btc, and your idea was to  get rich quick, then that idea is pretty much out the window for the time being.   That doesn't mean that you are not going to make long term gains on the investment, however.   Keep in mind that a 10-12% return on a stock market investment is still considered strong.  You can still reap those returns on any given day in the btc market.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:58:48 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:42:14 PM by bitpop

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:01:46 PM

LOWER!

And over a much longer time period than the perma-bulls have the patience for, which is why it will be the true final capitulation.

Yeah, probably right. $200 wouldn't surprise me. Under that would I think. Pre-October 2013 prices don't seem likely, still too much residual interest from speculators.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: