Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PowerColor 7990 Halp!  (Read 689 times)
PCJargon (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:16:47 AM

I have a PowerColor AX7990 Radeon HD 7990 (not the devil edition, but it appears to have clocks unlocked already). I've read of people getting over 1200 KH/s on the same exact card, but I'm unable to get more than 1088 KH/s out of it with the perfect OC'ing settings (after hours of work).

Using the latest Radeon drivers and SDK.

Coreclock: 1049, Memclock: 1500

Intensity set to 13, it won't run at good speeds on anything else.

Most people have posted -g 2 for 7990, but I get severely lower speeds with it.

Thread concurrency 8192, and Could be set higher but I'm not sure that it helps any.

No other settings being changed from default seemed to help.

Is this card a lemon? Huh

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dot4xdash

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

Have you added setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100? That would be your first step, you can either do so in a separate console window, or add it as the first line of your batch file, ie

"set x GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer.exe -o soso.com....."

I personally open a command prompt, run the command "set x GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100" then it should say value accepted. Close the command prompt. Open your batch, and try for higher TC values. See what your hash is like with a high TC, -g 1, and higher intensity. According to the list, some of the cards prefer single thread, high TC, high I, and some prefer two threads, lower TC and intensity.

I should add, I do not yet have a 7990 (just ordered one 5 min ago, in the process of searching for info I found your thread, so I want to discuss with you so I have a head start on getting mine configured before it arrives)

I do however have a 7950 which requires similar tweaking so I have some experience with these 79xx.

What is your ASIC Quality in GPU-z?

For now I would say reset back to stock GPU/mem, let's find your best hash rate there, whether it is -g 2 low TC, or -g1 high TC, and then work on your OCs. I have found that works best. Overclocking first can lead you to sometimes have what appears to be stable OC, but crashes or HW errors when you crank the intensity. At stock speed we can get a good read on whether your card is a -g 2 or -g 1
PCJargon (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:04:18 AM

The GPU commands make no difference, for some reason it'll just only run at 97% on both cores while at 13 intensity.

For me, on scrypt, only Intensity of 13 works. Two threads always runs poorly or crashes. Thread intensity doesn't make much difference. Core: 1049, Mem: 1500 are the best OC settings I could get, it's around 1080-1088 kh/s at these clocks.

However, I've discovered that SHA-3 Keccak runs great! Hardware errors around 12-13, but it doesn't drop hashrate much to lower it. Intensity around 9-10 gives around 700-710 mh/s, Core: 1200, Mem: 1100

Now if only more coins were based on Keccak. Undecided (only ones I know are Helixcoin, Maxcoin, and Copperlark)

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:08:09 AM

If your monitor connected to the 7990? Try setting the display output to iGPU in the motherboard BIOS.
PCJargon (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:59:18 AM

If your monitor connected to the 7990? Try setting the display output to iGPU in the motherboard BIOS.
When I used the onboard as the primary I'm unable to modify clocks on the card.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: