Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHA-256D] PETRODOLLAR (P$): BIG OIL COMES TO CRYPTO  (Read 127110 times)
SkillRoad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:35:38 AM

Good work

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:42:46 AM

Get this coin on mintpal.
Penny-Alts

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:34:00 PM

Thanks, if any updates to the website, pools, faclets, services need adding.. just let me know Smiley
joshua3m

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:49:04 PM

is there source code for wallet?

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:12:44 AM

is there source code for wallet?

yes, read the OP

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
castiel_koo

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:41:39 AM

PetroDollar now trading on CryptoRush.

https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=P$&b=BTC

Could you please kindly explain about the meaning of payout of first 43200 block?
You mean that after 43200 block the reward will change to 2800+ or what?
coinweaver (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:14:02 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:26:16 AM by coinweaver

The PetroDollar is a complex coin.  It is a model of the oil market created in cryptocurrency.  To make the model accurate, the coin must destroy itself over time in a rate analogous to peak oil predictions.

Peak oil projections vai TheOilDrum.com

PetroDollar projections via @PennyAlts and @Bigdaddybtc

The coin is not so much a currency but an autonomous, organic, mathematical model of the oil market.  Participants (ie: those who hold the coin) are incentivized to behave like oil cartels through the design.  The design itself is based on a decade of statistical data and predictions common in the oil marketplace... and known oil market psychological behavior.

In the way that miners are compensated with coins for mining, participants are compensated for their participation in the model with a monetized unit which can be traded for bitcoin on various exchanges.
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:35:01 AM

In short, the more the holders of PetroDollars behave like OPEC the more the price of the PetroDollar will reflect the price of oil.

This is also one of the first cryptocurrencies to enact a trustless, distributed, real-time, monetary policy set by the very actions of those who hold the coin.

Such behaviors are also consistent within the oil market and will not corrupt the system.
koby

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:57:40 AM

So the future value of the coin is 1 petroldollar= $ 1,000

10 petroldollar= $ 10,000 ?
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:43:38 AM

The future value of the PetroDollar is designed to scale with the price of oil over the next 40 years.

The scale of the model is p$1 = 1,000 barrels of oil.

At the time of this post, Brent Crude is 108.80 a barrel.

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil-brent.aspx

Given the accuracy of the mathematical model, in six months when the distribution phase of the model is complete p$1 will represent $108,800 worth of crude oil on the open market.

Sound implausible?

In six months either the price of oil will be proved to be a lie or one PetroDollar will be worth over $100,000USD.
koby

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

The future value of the PetroDollar is designed to scale with the price of oil over the next 40 years.

The scale of the model is p$1 = 1,000 barrels of oil.

At the time of this post, Brent Crude is 108.80 a barrel.

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil-brent.aspx

Given the accuracy of the mathematical model, in six months when the distribution phase of the model is complete p$1 will represent $108,800 worth of crude oil on the open market.

Sound implausible?

In six months either the price of oil will be proved to be a lie or one PetroDollar will be worth over $100,000USD.

That's means that I wll be a multimillionaire because I have 3,000 petrodollar that I paid only around 60$.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:41:52 AM

That's means that I wll be a multimillionaire because I have 3,000 petrodollar that I paid only around 60$.

just to bring you down with a bump... bear in mind that P$ is not backed, it is simply a comparable cryptocurrency, based on oil prices.
I don't doubt that you will make a half decent profit if you hold onto those for long enough, but you are never going to be a multimillionaire with them.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
koby

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:10:26 PM

just to bring you down with a bump... bear in mind that P$ is not backed, it is simply a comparable cryptocurrency, based on oil prices.
I don't doubt that you will make a half decent profit if you hold onto those for long enough, but you are never going to be a multimillionaire with them.

Good to know,because people are keep creating new coin, saiyng bla bla bla but if we don't make a lot of money what's the point,mining,electricity bill bla bla again, we need to know more numbers and less bla bla, the hew hobby for this year 2014 creating new coins, Petroldollar it's not backed so or it will be or not point that the coin it's here.
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:40:13 PM

You completely misunderstand the coin and how it works.  The coin does not need to be backed  to reach that value.  It only needs to scale against the availability and rarity of crude oil for the next 40 years.  Adjusting the coin to do so is no more trivial than adjusting the TX fee for any other coin.

As designed it already does just that, however none of us can see the future so there is at least the ability to alter the model to match future events.

At this phase of the model it is somewhere in the late 19th or early 20th century and oil is frictionless to move to market, but there is low demand because application is limited (one market so far, no acceptance for commerce yet).

Eventually someone will invent a car.
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:58:17 PM

If you doubt that someone will invent a "car" for this model, all of the existing infrastructure (including being voted on to an exchange) created since launch on Feb 18th has been created by the community that owns the coin.  The developers created none of the additional content, just the coin and the wallets.

Old school style crypto for an old school market.
raskul

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:59:26 PM

You completely misunderstand the coin and how it works.

I don't think I do.. i still live in realms out-with cryptocurrency and just because you created a coin to be based on oil prices, it doesn't mean the real world will ever catch on, and it's more likely (as with the majority of other alternative crypto's) it will just remain a play-thing for folks like you and I. Don't get me wrong, i'm not putting you down or your efforts as a developer -it's a unique idea.  But I am simply a realist, and I can, realistically say, this coin won't ever match the prices of bitcoin, nevermind go over and above.

The coin does not need to be backed  to reach that value.  It only needs to scale against the availability and rarity of crude oil for the next 40 years.  Adjusting the coin to do so is no more trivial than adjusting the TX fee for any other coin.

I disagree, cryptocurrency for cryptocurrency-sake isn't a huge bolster, nor is it likely to be used for anything other than play-trade.

As designed it already does just that, however none of us can see the future so there is at least the ability to alter the model to match future events.

Eventually this coin will eat itself. So the real-world intrinsic value therefore, is NIL. What you propose is actual value, may be for others, nothing but a hole.

At this phase of the model it is somewhere in the late 19th or early 20th century and oil is frictionless to move to market, but there is low demand because application is limited (one market so far, no acceptance for commerce yet).
Eventually someone will invent a car.

sounds like a nice fairy tale.

I will say, I see value in P$ and I mined this coin from it's launch- having tried to set a realistic initial price (which has been, and is continually degraded by pump and dump) but I still believe it has more value than most others, but not in the way you expect it to have. I see a future in it, but as all other alternative cryptocurrency will, it will end up being traded for it's ongoing value to bitcoin. It's a unique idea, but not unique in itself.

coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:07:27 PM

Actually, you don't understand the coin at all and the value it has to economists.  Your entire reply proved it.

If you trade USD/BTC you can make an extrapolation to GOLD/OIL because of USD/GOLD and USD/OIL.

The PetroDollar provides a cryptographic analogy in the P$/BTC trading pair.  As the number of BTC is woefully limited even at 1 satoshi it cannot encompass the entire wealth of the oil market accurately.  Mathematical extrapolations can then be drawn between the P$/BTC price and BTC/OIL and highlight potential opportunities on the oil and BTC markets.

It's an economists' anti-Wall Street win button.

Watch what happens in six months.  One year.  Five years when the model becomes fully operational.

Dump all of the coin you hold and watch it get sucked up.... or don't.... and you're still participating in the model within expected parameters.

Isn't that neat?
raskul

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:16:58 PM

Actually, you don't understand the coin at all and the value it has to economists.  Your entire reply proved it.

If you trade USD/BTC you can make an extrapolation to GOLD/OIL because of USD/GOLD and USD/OIL.

The PetroDollar provides a cryptographic analogy in the P$/BTC trading pair.  As the number of BTC is woefully limited even at 1 satoshi it cannot encompass the entire wealth of the oil market accurately.  Mathematical extrapolations can then be drawn between the P$/BTC price and BTC/OIL and highlight potential opportunities on the oil and BTC markets.

Watch what happens in six months.  One year.  Five years when the model becomes fully operational.

Dump all of the coin you hold and watch it get sucked up.... or don't.... and you're still participating in the model within expected parameters.

Isn't that neat?

I feel that you are slightly deluding yourself, inasmuch that because you have based it on Oil, it is relative to oil. It has no relation to oil, except for that which you have placed on it.
If a developer designed LEGOCOIN and made every coin based on an individual lego brick, would you be able to mine it and build the lego death star with it?
No.

PS. my trading habits are not open for discussion here, the viability of the relation of P$ to real world oil is the question.

coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:18:15 PM

Isn't that neat?

I feel that you are slightly deluding yourself, inasmuch that because you have based it on Oil, it is relative to oil. It has no relation to oil, except for that which you have placed on it.
If a developer designed LEGOCOIN and made every coin based on an individual lego brick, would you be able to mine it and build the lego death star with it?
No.

It's not based on oil, it's based on the oil market.

Whoops.
raskul

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

Isn't that neat?

No.

It's not based on oil, it's based on the oil market.

Whoops.

please explain the difference. the price of oil is very relative to the oil market. So you are telling us that petrodollar isn't actually based on oil at all, but based on the wall street houses which trade oil? so why not call it WallStreetOilPriceDollar? or BrentCrudeDollar? I'm sorry, but I think a reality check is in order.

Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: