Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 06:11:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what can you tell me about the dangers of investing in an American ICO?  (Read 203 times)
Saturday97 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

I've heard that eMusic is moving towards an ICO. 

Well, there is no doubt the music industry is one of the most centralized, there are no good alternatives to Spotify and Pandora,
we need to take the power back from the big labels, by listening to music through decentralized platforms.

From what I understand, emusic allows independent music artists and small labels to negotiate directly,

indeed looks like a refreshing project, though isn’t it a huge risk investing in projects coming from the US before the SEC will regulate ICOs?
julian2000

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:08:56 PM

I think if its a utility token and not a security, there should be no problem for US citizens to participate.. correct me if I'm wrong
CCF_news

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

I would not invest in American ICO projects, since there is a high probability that such projects will be closed. Money in the event of the closure of the project, you will hardly be returned.
KUMAR6

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:33:18 AM

Your caution is justified, though eMusic is a very unique American project that has many resources

and made a huge progress in negotiations with the SEC to get a rare approval to raise money.

Looks like a very serious one, check their site

https://token.emusic.com/
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 05:59:04 AM

The danger of participating in this ICO is that it can be closed any time as the music industry is kind of centralized and for this, I don't feel safe investing in such ICOs.
Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:07:37 AM

Investment in ICO projects from the United States is actually very risky, because the SEC has very strict restrictions on ICO.
So these tokens don't necessarily list on exchange, so you might lose money.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:19:58 AM

As an American ICO, they should have no issues with the SEC if their tokens are utility tokens and not security tokens. There are a few ICO's from the USA without a stop and desist orders.
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:42:52 AM

If the tokens are security token then there might be some risks. Otherwise the plan is quite good and looks like it will create a revolution in Music Industry.
sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:57:52 AM

US government monitoring system somehow discourages crypto investment right now. Things will possibly change. For now I would like to invest in south american region.
Stumbleupon

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:09:13 AM

it is very unfortunate but true that many investors are still not interested on investing in America ICO,  cause they are afraid about it's stability and i don't claim their tensions are  invalid this can be happen but for the American citizens it is easy to deal with it but we can hope that in the future dealing with American ICO will be more safer for the users
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:12:42 AM

I think it is dangerous to invest on American ICOs because their government is very strict in terms of crypto industry and America is usually a restricted country on other ICO projects. I think there are some other reasons and I'm willing to know what are those reasons.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 11:29:56 AM

Usually the dangers include less transparency which can lead to manipulative decisions taken, without the need to verify the platform and schemes. So, the best thing is to analyze your information and then take decisions.
Psynthax

Activity: 2352
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:39:49 AM

I've heard that eMusic is moving towards an ICO. 

Well, there is no doubt the music industry is one of the most centralized, there are no good alternatives to Spotify and Pandora,
we need to take the power back from the big labels, by listening to music through decentralized platforms.

From what I understand, emusic allows independent music artists and small labels to negotiate directly,

indeed looks like a refreshing project, though isn’t it a huge risk investing in projects coming from the US before the SEC will regulate ICOs?

In fact there is a lot of chance the ico violatnig the SEC rules and the dev could be arrested just like what has already happened with centra and any other US ico. I will suggest you never try to participate in the US ico. Tbar has been giving the best example how the majority of US icos can't comply with US rules,

Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

I would not invest in American ICO projects, since there is a high probability that such projects will be closed. Money in the event of the closure of the project, you will hardly be returned.

I want to agree that now in America, the crypto currency is rather doubtful. I saw already a few American projects that have collected their capital ceased to exist.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:07:23 PM

Really quite interesting that the general feeling seems to be stay away from US ICO's. I think the SEC's attempts to try and impose security regulations on ICO's has really caused some serious damage with not only people moving their business outside the US to do ICO's but also people being very cautious about investing in those rare ICO's that decided to raise money while being based in the US.

Beffm

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:40:30 PM

American ICO is not dangerous to investors yet if it comes witha legitimate policy in approval of SEC and new formed government authoritywhich is recently founded by Trump. For eMusic, I will say, I haven't heard of it until today but seeing the website looks sleeky to me. You can invest in US ICOs but first you do some research and proceed with what you've got.
Candepoccus85

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:41:00 PM

I think, investing in US projects is not problematic. Many govts. are adopting crypto currencies in their country and I think they will do so also. Whenever US govt. take this decision projects like this emusic will succeed.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 01:01:35 PM

I don't think you should be scared to invest on an American ICO. eMusic is already a popular platform. After the recent acquisition of Keystone corp by Coinbase has made it promising situation for ICOs in USA. Government has been lenient towards Coinbase which has reduced down the rigid regulations. So I think the risk of investing is worth it.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:30:24 PM

If a proper arrangement has been made and there is a good resolution with the SEC, i feel there should not be any problem. We all know that if any ICO would be coming from America, there is every tendency for it to have the consent of SEC and it might be centralized.
Actum

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

I think your caution is appropriate, though eMusic has a unique American project and its many resources. This made a huge progress with the SEC. Before investing in American or any other ICO we have to be careful I think.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: