Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The impact on pegging altcoins to USD instead of BTC  (Read 126 times)
9jaflick (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:52:52 PM

What's your take on this
Will pegging cryptocurrency with USD  instead of the usual BTC give altcoins a stable market? Well, We know fully well that BTC is been pegged to USD, yet its market still suffers, which I believe it as a result of it decentralisation, but altcoins suffers more, because when BTC suffer, altcoins always take a big part of the suffering, even when the BTC market is going green it takes time for most altcoins to go back to their normal state.

Do you think pegging altcoins with USD instead of BTC will help the altcoins market?
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:00:34 PM

I think pegging to usd was the demand of the masses because in usd terms it makes easier for them to remember how much they invested and how much return they can expect while pegging with btc seems a bit complex, personally i think pegging with usd is less profitable as compared to btc in the long term.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
9jaflick (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:21:37 PM

I think pegging to usd was the demand of the masses because in usd terms it makes easier for them to remember how much they invested and how much return they can expect while pegging with btc seems a bit complex, personally i think pegging with usd is less profitable as compared to btc in the long term.
in terms of liquidity I agree with you as most persons are into cryptocurrency for profit/business.
But this can also be archived (liquidity) if been begged to USD, BTC is not begged to Crypto yet it's has gained much liquidity, starting from the date of it birth.
What matters is the vision/mission of the project and it demands.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: