Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:51:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another protest "Save Our Savers" - Inflation is destroying your savings.  (Read 1567 times)
Tulkas (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2011, 11:28:51 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2011, 11:51:50 PM by Tulkas

From their site:

Inflation is destroying your savings.
Support our campaign for a suspension of income tax on savings interest.

Maybe they should know about bitcoin ? Lets send then some bitcoin operation flyers ?

?

http://www.saveoursavers.co.uk/

Interview on BBC Radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr25gR8B5ws&feature=player_embedded

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2011, 11:56:39 PM

That's the method I found my way to Bitcoin. This is a market of BILLIONS of people just waiting to be introduced (anyone tired of the current banking system).  Give the people an option to tell banks to go fuck themselves, they WILL take it.
jakeR

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:38:26 AM

Saving money is important for many of us. However, not everyone agrees with this belief. Spending money beyond your budget is not good, but what a lot of people don't understand that they really lose money if they save it. Inflation rate is one factor that affects our saving habit.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:50:45 AM

Buy uranium, and you will never lose your savings Cheesy
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:53:38 AM

That's the method I found my way to Bitcoin. This is a market of BILLIONS of people just waiting to be introduced (anyone tired of the current banking system).  Give the people an option to tell banks to go fuck themselves, they WILL take it.
If you are able to earn a higher rate of return on your savings then the inflation rate, then the net effect is you have more buying power after the interest and inflation are both taken into effect. The problem is that taxes will take a portion of your return, regardless of the inflation rate, so your rate of return is really only ~2/3 of what you actually make because of taxes, so you need to make 1.5X the inflation rate just to break even.
Bitcoin Hitter

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:03:46 AM

im process my loan but not response ;( but i think it will strong until end of this year .
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:17:21 AM

Give the masses Bitcoin!

Give it to them!

Someone needs to start making Bitcoin pamphlets. We could send boxes to things like these.

Inflation is my enemy (figuratively) and I would do everything to stop it, but it requires the strength of many people, and so far it's only making a little progress around me, for I am just a single man...
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:12:05 AM

If you are able to earn a higher rate of return on your savings then the inflation rate, then the net effect is you have more buying power after the interest and inflation are both taken into effect. The problem is that taxes will take a portion of your return, regardless of the inflation rate, so your rate of return is really only ~2/3 of what you actually make because of taxes, so you need to make 1.5X the inflation rate just to break even.

Or you just need to make sure that the documents holding your tax filing information is safely stored on hard drive....that dies as soon as you get a request to meet with the IRS auditor  Cheesy
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 08:57:50 AM

Fucking noobs, why aren't they protesting the central bank itself? Oh wait, they don't know anything about the economy, like most protesters.
Gugun Blues Shelter

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:08:00 AM

Fucking noobs, why aren't they protesting the central bank itself? Oh wait, they don't know anything about the economy, like most protesters.
maybe a lot of people want to claim their money . thats normal . and the end no one will respond about it .
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

They just protest, and hope the 'appropriate' authorities take action.  Tongue
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:08:25 PM

I think in either way bitcoin will gain more popularity, no matter what banking systems do, because to use creditcard systems for online payments is 1980s technology. It's like watching black and white television when there's color tv  Smiley

But you are right, the continuing inflation will cause people to invest their savings in other things, be it bitcoin or something else.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

Buy uranium, and you will never lose your savings Cheesy
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 08:07:15 PM

It's interesting watching the public responding to systemic problems.

This ridiculous idea that we are automatically entitled to anything including interest makes for a disheartening narrative.

The UK is heading for such a fall.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:15:45 PM

Or you just need to make sure that the documents holding your tax filing information is safely stored on hard drive....that dies as soon as you get a request to meet with the IRS auditor  Cheesy
This would probably not work. The IRS has access to your income as employers and anyone who give you a tax form sends a copy of the tax form to the IRS. What the IRS usually looks at when they audit you are your deductions, if you are not able to back up your deductions then they would likely be disallowed.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:39:56 AM

On a separate note, dividends and interest can be considered as returns to share holders/bond holders.
The differential treatment on these two should be removed.

That would solve the protest on taxes (apart from inflation) eating into savings.
griffga

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:29:58 AM

It is sad to see how far the interest on general savings accounts has slipped. In 2004 I had a savings account at 6% interest. Now its more like .6% lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: