Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does ETC offer that ETH does not?  (Read 116 times)
bradleyb21 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:42:05 AM

Trying to understand how this fits into Coinbase Protocol for adding new assets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 04:49:16 AM

Nothing really, but it's a major fork of Ethereum so it makes sense they would add it if they added Bitcoin Cash. It's just a pre-The DAO chain of Ethereum, where all the stolen money is still stolen. If code is law then some people feel Ethereum Classic is more legitimate
bradleyb21 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:58:54 PM

Nothing really, but it's a major fork of Ethereum so it makes sense they would add it if they added Bitcoin Cash. It's just a pre-The DAO chain of Ethereum, where all the stolen money is still stolen. If code is law then some people feel Ethereum Classic is more legitimate

Good point, its interesting that they had it at one point and delisted it and now are listing it again....

What other projects do you like?
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 06:23:58 PM

Ethereum Classic was the original Eth. The currently now famous one is the fork of Ethereum, and the original one became Eth Classic. There are not really much difference about ETC and ETH. A major one is that Etc has fixed supply whereas Eth has unstable or uncapped supply. Another difference is the use of algorithm by both the coins. Etc uses POW to mine whereas eth uses Dagger Hashimoto.

Almost all the eth devs shifted to the new chain, after the split leaving Etc in vain. There aren't much devs to even support the coin. This made Eth to raise in popularity of what it is today. Most importantly Eth is used as a fuel for the business rather than using them as a form of digital money.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 06:31:04 PM

Ethereum Classic was the original Eth. The currently now famous one is the fork of Ethereum, and the original one became Eth Classic. There are not really much difference about ETC and ETH. A major one is that Etc has fixed supply whereas Eth has unstable or uncapped supply. Another difference is the use of algorithm by both the coins. Etc uses POW to mine whereas eth uses Dagger Hashimoto.

Almost all the eth devs shifted to the new chain, after the split leaving Etc in vain. There aren't much devs to even support the coin. This made Eth to raise in popularity of what it is today. Most importantly Eth is used as a fuel for the business rather than using them as a form of digital money.

Not exactly, they are not like bitcoin and bitcoin cash, this fork is necessary and well done. Bch is like scam coin. Etc is respectable coin.

bradleyb21 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:04:57 PM

Not exactly, they are not like bitcoin and bitcoin cash, this fork is necessary and well done. Bch is like scam coin. Etc is respectable coin.

They are both borderline scam coins, with minimal development and future.
coyote50

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:54:21 PM

Good point, its interesting that they had it at one point and delisted it and now are listing it again....

What other projects do you like?

I am more into projects like NEO, ONT, CPX, etc. stuff where I can see future growth based on more than just it being a thing that people buy
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:59:26 PM

I agree ETC has way more reason to be built than BCH since BCH has just been made for profit and only profit itself in the other hand ETC has more reliable features than any other forks. It is indeed respectable and should be widely known as they have a good promises and I don't see any reason for it to be wasted.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:02:25 PM

I like one thesis from their website "Bitcoin as a landline phone—it does one thing very well. ETC is like a smartphone—it can do everything Bitcoin can and much more." So they a result better than BTC, but they don't have any smart contract implementation. Kind of useless coin by me...

a2zC

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:14:13 AM

These two are generally same but there are a few differences in these two .Eth has unstable that means it has no fixed supply and it uses dagger hashimoto system for mining. Etc has a fixed supply of token and it uses POW system for mining.
Hercerays

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:34:50 PM

ETC is just a fork of ETH. Offers nothing more than what ETH is offering already.
Qegarma

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:44:26 PM

First of all, ETC seeks to be much more decentralized by taking a Bitcoin-like approach.
ETH has an unlimited coin supply that's generated through a fixed inflation algorithm, ETC has settled for a hard cap of 210 million.
BitCoinDream247

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:34:46 PM

ETC has become one of the popular forks of Ethereum. There are hardly much differences among them. But, they use different algorithm while dealing with transactions.
CoinOnTheBeach321

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:22:59 PM

Eth is much more considerable than etc because eth provide higher hashrate than etc. Also it is much powerful because it has large market cap than etc.
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:03:40 PM

I think ETC has weaker team and potential comparing to ETH so i can't see real chances for ETC's price make x2 or higher in near future.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:06:18 PM

I prefer ETH but i think, the fact that it will be listed on Coinbase is a good reason to buy and store some ETC. Personally, i bought some ETC, of course first investigate it yourself.
JariKriting

Activity: 994
Merit: 518

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 11:15:43 PM

i think bch not scam
you can see volume transaction  in coinmarketcap bch still big volume transaction
and much exchanger accepted BCH

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:52:08 AM

I agree ETC has way more reason to be built than BCH since BCH has just been made for profit and only profit itself in the other hand ETC has more reliable features than any other forks. It is indeed respectable and should be widely known as they have a good promises and I don't see any reason for it to be wasted.
for Ethereum which has an ever-increasing development yields substantial profits going forward. in addition to its ever-increasing development, has attracted many enthusiasts who have been coming since the development. so Ethereum remains the best Altcoin present.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:05:04 AM

If really that ethereum classic is the original ethereum,then what happened that the ethereum classic bcoilow valued and the fork becomes the highest?why in bitcoinnd bitcoin cash in which the bitcoin cash is the fork this cant overcome the bitcoin original value ?i just dont get it would you mind enlightening us?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: