Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:21:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Costa Rica, Workers to Paid in cryptocurrency!  (Read 540 times)
CryptoRaymond

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:16:27 PM

The news comes with a positive vibe to me but with some conditions to be full-filled. First, they will get cryptocurrencies but which of the cryptos, it is not clear. They may pay with the best 10 Cryptos in market ranking, then the volatility of the salary will be stable I assume. Thay get paid in Cryptos but they need also to spend it as they need to lead their life with it. So, Government if takes actions to encourage commodity market to accept BTC and crypto as currencies, then it will be possible to make this decision legitimate and stable or the decision will not last long, I assume.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WolfRisk

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:31:21 PM

From my point of view it a great new for us. The popularity of crypto in increasing day by day so many company hold different policy, it’s the one of the policy. I think companies take this type of policy more in future.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

Wow never thought that one of the first countries would be Costa Rica, im just wondering why they have made such decision. Because mostly governments wont accept that, maybe it economically it is much better for them, in article hadn`t found any information about that.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:48:33 PM

This is very existing news, and a very nice use case for crypto currencies. If you gets paid in crypto and can spend you crypto to shop and pay your taxes in crypto, then crypto currencies are fully integrated into the society.
To get crypto paycheck to work, the rate where people can buy and sell the crypto need to be relative stabile, or at least better than the inflations rate in the country.
ThePunisher49X

Activity: 340
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:52:48 PM

This should be a starting place for many of the other countries which are close by to them and are in poverty right now using their own local currency.
Venezelua comes to mind with their bolivar. Undecided
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:27:20 PM

This is great but the main problem is the government thinking I guess. I believe within a few years people all around the world will accept cryptocurrency as their main currency beside fiat currency.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/costa-rican-workers-can-be-legally-paid-in-cryptocurrency/

In this article we can read that a new breakthrough in bitcoin economy is realized. We are always talking in this forum of the possibility of workers being paid in bitcoin or in any form of cryptocurrency. Finally the government of Costa Rica is now on the move of making that dream a reality by legalizing cryptocurrency as part of the salary of the workers.

The real question is, if this trend will become successful in long term or will not last long?

I think things like this are just a trend for a short period of time, because workers also need real money to buy daily necessities, while support for purchasing goods using crypto directly is not yet fully feasible. That's why it should also be supported by the purchase of goods with the needs of crypto currency

krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

I am really happy to know about this it is definitely a massive success for the cryptocurrency market and as well as for the users, I really hope that people from all over the world will slowly start knowing about this cause still many countries are not allowing crypto for doing trading on their country

This is a nice trend. I also hope to start an office open day (for work related to Internet marketting). I will give the option to workers to take payment in crypto (if allowed by law in my country). When those workers are old and if they have kept some of those crypto, it can be a huge amount.
WolfRisk

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:19:56 PM

From my point of view the crypto market is become so vast so big companies take some step to cope up with this currency. So I think this is one of the policy took by the company to cope up with this technology.
bantayao2

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

awww !! good news! I hope other countries will do the same as the Costa Rican government. I affirm this is the premise for bitcoin to replace current currency
dongajow

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:39:23 PM

Whoh its a great news to her. Finally at least one country has understood the power and the capabilities of crypto currency. As I read it is legally accepted so it means bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies are also legally accepted by costa rica. Thats the great part in this news. Because now governments are understanding the potential of crypto. We'll see what will be going on in European and American countries after ETF.
kadutz25

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:54:03 PM

This is very good news I think costa rica start using bitcoin as salary to their employees and in Japan there are companies that use bitcoin as salary to their employees and may also have good and bad influence. I think the effect is good if bitcoin prices Of course very high they will be profitable but, if bitcoin prices are at low level how when they hold bitcoin as their salary
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:07:03 PM

This shows that cryptocurrency has been well accepted in Costa Rica and is being widely adopted!
Cryptographic currencies can help improve the country's economy by increasing Costa Rica's cash flow.
privedvelosiped

Activity: 434
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:19:13 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/costa-rican-workers-can-be-legally-paid-in-cryptocurrency/

In this article we can read that a new breakthrough in bitcoin economy is realized. We are always talking in this forum of the possibility of workers being paid in bitcoin or in any form of cryptocurrency. Finally the government of Costa Rica is now on the move of making that dream a reality by legalizing cryptocurrency as part of the salary of the workers.

The real question is, if this trend will become successful in long term or will not last long?

I wonder where the employer takes these bitcoins. Or they mine bitcoin on their farms and give part of their profits to their employees. Or maybe they create their own crypto-coins and it will circulate within the state and abroad. The question is very much, but the idea is very promising.
Glyphotex

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 01:39:23 PM

This is a win for bitcoin and crypto currency at large. If more counties follows, then we will be fine.
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:01:14 PM

The biggest problem there is unstable price of Bitcoin. They still have to convert it to fiat currency and is the price of Bitcoin fall on the market, you automatically have less cash then you had. I would like to be paid for my work with a fix price so I could know what I am in control with.
ayiaye

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:16:28 PM

this may sound good for the development of cryptocurrency in order to become a daily currency, because bitcoin will be increasingly recognized by people who do not know it, and increasingly supported by the government. but on the other hand, workers will get a loss when bitcoin prices fall.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 04:28:49 PM

I believe it's really well played by Costa Rica. A lot of american entrepreneurs already moved there because of much more favorable tax policy (for example, Peter Schiff) and mas recognition of crypto has all chance to become a new magnet for capital.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
madisonnd99

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 07:04:56 PM

This is indeed great news. This means the crypto currency is getting so much familiar in different regions of the world. Payment with crypto currency will increase the user of crypto currency as well as many workers will also learn about crypto currency which in turn will increase the investors of the crypto currency.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:46:07 PM

The decision to pay workers of a government in crypto will require a lot preparation to still convert to coin to fiat for non internet user. Also online transaction should be every where and means of assessing  the fund should be easier and in hardcopy, maybe as ATM card and private keys. Training should be done for workers who had already a contemporary medium of assessing fund.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All