Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:58:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin Wallets  (Read 4964 times)
Jaimmin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:26:21 AM

What Dogecoin wallet does everyone uses here?

Online or desktop wallet?

Dogevault.com or DogeAPI.com
AsadH

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:38:24 PM

Let me know if you have any questions about Doge Vault, I'm a developer for the platform.

Doge Vault is a consumer wallet for everyone to use as a general wallet to store your funds just like the QT client, and DogeAPI is a merchant platform for businesses who wish to accept dogecoins.
P1tBull

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:48:09 AM

Call me paranoid and nothing personal against any online vault out there, but I prefer my coins offline with the wallet encrypted.
Just to be extra paranoid, I encrypt my wallet file too using a third party program. 
Jaimmin (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:53:52 PM

I know what you mean...Thing is when i first tried downloading the dogecoin-qt, it said “Dogecoin-Qt” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. I didn't know my way around it and so went with dogevault.

Now that i'm a bit more educated, I will be bringing my doges onto my mac(Dogecoin-QT).

Thanks.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:57:47 PM

What Dogecoin wallet does everyone uses here?

Online or desktop wallet?

Dogevault.com or DogeAPI.com

Dogecoin Wallet for Android is the best Smiley

and official qt
c-f-b

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:48:56 AM

desktop wallet
hensi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:27:23 AM

I use dogechain.info wallet
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:58:14 PM

perhaps most common one is official Dogecoin-qt for desktop.

But all from above seems to be very good.
mark_rrrrr

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:35:38 PM

I've been exploring the main desktop Dogecoin wallet Dogecoin-Qt.  It's seems to have a curious behavior which maybe other wallets have.

When you first boot the wallet it creates 100 private keys for future usage.  Then when you send coin, it sends the change from the transaction to a different address (not the one you used to send the coin from), one of those 100 created keys, but it doesn't tell you about it.  So if you check totals with Dogecoin-Qt everything seems fine, but if you use another app to check the block chain totals, you're going to be missing a small amount of money.

This makes very little sense to me.  The documentation at
http://www.minedogecoin.com/a-reminder-wallet-backups-are-not-in-sync-and-why-your-public-keys-show-conflicting-amounts-in-the-blockchain/ says that this improves security, but it creates real problems with backing up your wallet.  If the wallet runs out of the initial 100 private keys, it creates another 100.  If you then restore from a previous backup, you lose the new keys and whatever money was in them.

Can someone make sense of this to me.

Thanks
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:14:05 PM

I've been exploring the main desktop Dogecoin wallet Dogecoin-Qt.  It's seems to have a curious behavior which maybe other wallets have.

When you first boot the wallet it creates 100 private keys for future usage.  Then when you send coin, it sends the change from the transaction to a different address (not the one you used to send the coin from), one of those 100 created keys, but it doesn't tell you about it.  So if you check totals with Dogecoin-Qt everything seems fine, but if you use another app to check the block chain totals, you're going to be missing a small amount of money.

This makes very little sense to me.  The documentation at
http://www.minedogecoin.com/a-reminder-wallet-backups-are-not-in-sync-and-why-your-public-keys-show-conflicting-amounts-in-the-blockchain/ says that this improves security, but it creates real problems with backing up your wallet.  If the wallet runs out of the initial 100 private keys, it creates another 100.  If you then restore from a previous backup, you lose the new keys and whatever money was in them.

Can someone make sense of this to me.

Thanks
Yes i can. This will mean that you periodically need to backup your wallet.dat or else use multidoge client

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████