Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 01:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: current value of Casascius 1 btc 2011 with hologram error unredeemed  (Read 158 times)
btech3 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:07:27 AM

Does anyone have an idea as to the average selling price of this type of coin in MS-65 or better condition?

https://imgur.com/a/XnjtmRL

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 01:41:37 PM

IIRC, these have been selling for pretty cheap in terms of the premium.  Since we don't know the grade but the coin looks to be in OK condition I would say 1.2-1.3ish is a range to expect selling it at.  

If you were trying to sell it regardless as of right now you should put it up to an auction or see who would want to buy it at a price you are comfortable selling it at over in the 'collectibles' section.

Edit: My reasoning for the price I put was because there was an auction not too long ago that Blazed held with this type of coin and it went for essentially right around/just below what peel value was including all forks.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:50:46 PM

IIRC, these have been selling for pretty cheap in terms of the premium.  Since we don't know the grade but the coin looks to be in OK condition I would say 1.2-1.3ish is a range to expect selling it at.  

If you were trying to sell it regardless as of right now you should put it up to an auction or see who would want to buy it at a price you are comfortable selling it at over in the 'collectibles' section.

Edit: My reasoning for the price I put was because there was an auction not too long ago that Blazed held with this type of coin and it went for essentially right around/just below what peel value was including all forks.

To be fair that was a 2013 coin not a 2011. Unfortunately it seems like all of the brass coins are going for low prices these days though. Back a few years ago the 2011 errors commanded large premiums...the good old days.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:23:09 AM

Hmm. That's pretty far out. I always expected premiums to slowly fade as prices rose but not to near vanish completely. Interesting how little mention there is of these these days. They seem to have passed most people by and are now ancient history. Here's to their eventual unearthing.

As for OP, if you're feeling really brave and/or stupid then you'll get possibly far more on Ebay than here depending on whether your region allows it, mine doesn't. I wouldn't do it myself though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: