Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bounty campaign be replaced by other marketing methods?  (Read 217 times)
werizapp (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

Dear All,

I hope this is the right place to post such a question. I am wondering if there are any other promising methods of marketing (aside from Advertising, SMM and SEO, and other conventional marketing strategies) to increase the chance of ICO's success, without using Bounty campaigns..

Will appreciate any advice.

Join Weriz and be among the first people who participate in a project where profit is not only financial, but also social and personal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:03:19 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Airdrops may also be a viable marketing method, though I think airdrops might also fall under the "bounty" method. But yep, it's mostly ads and bounty campaigns, simply because it works. It works even for the shittiest projects.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:11:44 PM

Dear All,

I hope this is the right place to post such a question. I am wondering if there are any other promising methods of marketing (aside from Advertising, SMM and SEO, and other conventional marketing strategies) to increase the chance of ICO's success, without using Bounty campaigns..

Will appreciate any advice.
Yes, I think those marketing methods are really good. Every ICO needs a successful marketing campaign to promote the ICO project. The methods are no problem. If those methods are helping to promote the ICO, you can use them.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:20:54 PM

I'm not sure why the traditional affiliate links in the adverts aren't used. If affiliate payments were based on results, then maybe affilates would be encouraged to make reasonable posts to enhance the image of the sponsor.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:49:47 PM

Why does Bounty campaign contributions to the success of marketing campaigns?
Because it is mostly free, you will pay using your tokens which will not cost you much.
Also, there are some campaign managers who accept these tokens so you may be able to carry it for long periods of time for free "or cheap payments."

If your question is limited to this forum, I think your options are limited.
But as a marketing plan, you can buy ad spaces on many sites such as coinmarketcap, news sites, Blogs,...etc.
Also, pay to evaluate your ICO and write articles about it and other methods but are extremely expensive.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:04:42 PM

I'm not sure why the traditional affiliate links in the adverts aren't used. If affiliate payments were based on results, then maybe affiliates would be encouraged to make reasonable posts to enhance the image of the sponsor.

because some people hate affiliate system, even thou this is one of the effective and cheap ways of marketing. people who lack confidence that they can invite someone will be discouraged to join. that's why some of the bounties here using both affiliate marketing thru airdrop affiliates and traditional social media spamming as a way for cheap/free advertising.  

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
Badman-Crypto

Activity: 57
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:31:08 PM

I'm not sure why the traditional affiliate links in the adverts aren't used. If affiliate payments were based on results, then maybe affilates would be encouraged to make reasonable posts to enhance the image of the sponsor.

I get what you are saying but I think that rightly or wrongly, most bounty campaigns are interested in quantity over quality and if only affilliate links were getting paid then 90% of the participants would stop and the campaign would be ignored by others with more shit-posts.

Its a very competitive space full of inexperienced investors and the more exposure the better if you know what I mean.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
nitrocryptonitro

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:32:08 PM

More and more new coins adopt the AirDrop system, as more and more investors are quite reluctant to invest in ICOs, given that in 2018, just a handle of coins/tokens has been able to maintain their pre-ICO prices. Most of the investors are losing money right now with 2018 ICOs.
Thus give them a working and functional product through Airdropping, and they will give value to that coin, for example through trading contest, or through holding contest.
It reduces risks for investors, because they can test a functional product before investing, and it's less a game of gambling as it is with ICOs.
WhatsOnPic_PR
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 10:01:58 PM

I get what you are saying but I think that rightly or wrongly, most bounty campaigns are interested in quantity over quality and if only affilliate links were getting paid then 90% of the participants would stop and the campaign would be ignored by others with more shit-posts.

Its a very competitive space full of inexperienced investors and the more exposure the better if you know what I mean.

So do you mean that most of bounty managers work for quantity? But before starting bounty campaign, you can discuss all the details and focus on quality but not quantity. All the results should be measured by quality, shouldn't they? Do you believe that investors evaluate the project by the quantity of post and affiliate links?

WhatsOnPic
makes a store from every single photo
http://www.whatsonpic.io
matvee

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:00:09 PM

Of course it is possible. I have seen the some projects have started to use sites other than bitcointalk like steemit. For instance, byteball has started a campaign on steemit rewarding all users which is getting very popular.

If you mean promotion without bounties, the product has to be exceptional for this. Another option is you can make it exclusive with some referral system.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:02:55 PM

I'm not sure why the traditional affiliate links in the adverts aren't used. If affiliate payments were based on results, then maybe affiliates would be encouraged to make reasonable posts to enhance the image of the sponsor.

because some people hate affiliate system, even thou this is one of the effective and cheap ways of marketing. people who lack confidence that they can invite someone will be discouraged to join. that's why some of the bounties here using both affiliate marketing thru airdrop affiliates and traditional social media spamming as a way for cheap/free advertising.  

The affiliate system method of advertising something(not only with crypto) is sure damn annoying, because a good affiliate program will usually always end with lots and lots of spam on forums and on social media. But it's sure damn effective though; even Coinbase and BitMex has one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vilianms

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:38:33 AM

The current market bounty mission cannot be replaced by other marketing methods. The bounty mission is a very direct and convenient way of advertising. Even with more propaganda methods, the bounty mission will still exist!
Badman-Crypto

Activity: 57
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:04:25 PM

So do you mean that most of bounty managers work for quantity? But before starting bounty campaign, you can discuss all the details and focus on quality but not quantity. All the results should be measured by quality, shouldn't they? Do you believe that investors evaluate the project by the quantity of post and affiliate links?

I'm not saying that I agree with it, but one of the metrics people use when looking at projects to invest in is social media presence. Things like number of twitter followers, twitter activity, telegram group size and other community metrics, because it is well known that a good ICO needs a good community to support it's token economy. These people look at quantities, they don't look through individual posts at the quality of each one.

Now my point is this, If bounty campaigns only pay out based on the basis of referrals then it would put off a large majority of the bounty participants because conversions through an affiliate system are not guaranteed and no bounty hunter wants to put in effort and not get paid. What this would mean for the ICO is that the community would appear many orders of magnitude smaller and may put off some investors into thinking the project has no community or following.

I don't like it but spam campaigns seem to work, and in december and january, there is a definite correlation between the most talked about altcoins on twitter/reddit and the coins that pumped in value. It's herd mentality at it's best, but when you have a space full of inexperienced investors, it clearly works.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:17:39 PM

It can be why not but I don't have any idea about this also I don't think bounty is the best way of promoting an ico but it is effective way if you include lots of social media bounties as well.

HelixFoundation
Copper Member

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 03:19:16 PM

I think it depends on the community you're trying to create
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: