Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO CHOOSE AN ICO TO PARTICIPATE IN?  (Read 393 times)
obility

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:53:47 PM

To participate in any ICO, I normally look at
1. The team
2. The product
3. The use case of the project
4. The competition they will face / similar product existing
5. The Road Map
Once I check all the above and they good then i will make my decision.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vallytech

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:22:41 PM

For me to invest into any ICO, it must meet the following, they must have a project, their team must have at least two all team and advisors, then they have must have good token metrics with no huge bonus. if they meet these conditions then i will invest.
davcro22

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:32:09 PM

What are the factors to consider when participating in an ICO? I know this is subjective and depends on what kind of risk taker you are but if you are to list down the 5 most important factors, what will they be?

I think this can also help other people who are new to ICO to be more selective in where they invest and protect themselves from being scammed.
It is necessary to study well white paper, a road map, see what product is being taken from this company, and the most important thing is to study the members of the project team.
Supec77

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:44:58 PM

To analyze the project, the team, what similar projects has it already carried out? who is behind the team, what is the idea of the project?what benefit they bring to the world,why would their technology have to evolve and grow?what is the most important thing?then you will understand whether or not
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:49:41 PM

All the new coins are complete bullshit.  They're just trying to get money from credulous investors who think a blockchain solution can be crowbarred into problems where it isn't appropriate.  All these peeps are just looking to get rich with the next big thing, but the fact is that most icos aren't necessary for the 'problems' that they're being touted as solutions to.

If everyone would just stop buying into these icos, they would go away and people would stop complaining about getting scammed or not making a profit.  The next big thing isn't in new coins.  You watch, it'll be in bitcoin itself.
Lacoste

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

Lacoste

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:20:48 PM

5 factors I attach importance to:
1. Communities (FB, TW, telegram ...)
2. MVP - minimum viable product
3. Team. (A team of experienced members is an advantage).
4. Whitepaper (I think it will help us better understand their project before deciding to invest).
5. ICO rating (The organization that evaluates the project. This I usually refer to ICO Bench, ICO Drops).

Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:48:30 PM

pay attention to the commands first, then the scope in which the product or service
uspsDelivery

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:53:21 PM

Take my advice as a guide to verifying any ICO:
1. On preico, the team must have a contract for automatic transfer of funds with prescribed conditions for early investors - not handles like many do, namely those prescribed in the smart contract - otherwise the collected funds can simply enrich the funders or conditions will change during the play - cases of lots.
2. The contract for preIOO should be part of a large ICO contract - not by different coins - it is not safe in terms of vulnerabilities and withdrawals.
3. The contract for preIOO and then the ICO should be registered lower and upper barrier - if this is not the team does not know what it wants - just a scam.
4. The contract for ICO should be escrow of the funds received as a result of placement - it can be a frieze or multisec with a voting condition. This will give you a guarantee against the expenditure of funds earlier than the team completed the previous stage.
5. In the contract, an unconditional refund should be prescribed in the event that the lower limit of the collected pool is not reached. It is in the contract and not in the white book, if it is not - scum.
6. All contracts must be posted on GithHub, this will enable third-party developers to check the contract for the vulnerability if the team has not taken care and before the ICO has not posted a bounty on the vulnerability.
7. The contract must specify the conditions for the team and for the bounty.
8. The contract must specify the conditions for not traded tokens - with clearly defined deadlines.
walcott

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:57:14 PM

Before participating in ICO , you need to do your due diligence on the project . Ask yourself some key basic questions such as what the project is trying to solve , will the project still be relevant in the coming years etc . These questions will help you make an informed decision
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:01:09 PM

IMO, the essential factors you can select the potential ICO are:

1. Information about the development team of the ICO project
2. Token Sale Index at the private and pre-ICO time
3. Who is the ICO Project Manager?
4. The community of the ICO project
5. Which country does the ICO come from?

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
mbally

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:41:39 PM

There are a whole lot of things I will consider in an ICO before I will get in, I will list just the most important ones, The first is that I will look at their team to make sure they have had similar experience in their previous work, you can't  be a finance person managing bank and come and tell me you want to build a blockchain? it's a No for me, I will look at the project they are, how far have they gone with it? I don't buy into ideas on white paper, I look at their tokens allocations
torreun

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:33:19 AM

In fact, there are many ICO scams. We should be extra cautious when choosing ICO participation. First, we should carefully read the abstract of the white paper, fully understand the ICO project team, the project vision and development direction, browse the evaluation website for reference, and consider the meeting. Reduce risk
RESPONSIBLE_

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:15:25 AM

Now there is no guarantee that the project will be successful. I would recommend to participate only in one project, but would choose several to reduce the risk.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:31:58 PM

In choosing an ICO that I'm keen on investing, I read at least the summary of the whitepaper, I also check their ICO ratings (at least 3 different sites), Join their diferent social media platforms and ask questions regarding the project on telegram. You can check on GEMERA -
a project provides a crypto-token backed by Colombian emeralds that applies blockchain technology to create tokens that can be used for investors as a store of value or as a tradeable digital asset.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: