Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Feeler - 4 Budget Scrypt Mining rigs/farm - 3MHs stable - 4+MHs possible  (Read 2215 times)
nachius (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

Over time I have built a few lower end budget mining rigs (less expensive components with a focus on ROI).  They are currently sitting on a wire rack, but I am negotiating purchasing 4 open frame cases for them.

I am going to entertain offers for my setup to see how much interest there is in it and determine it's worth.  I am going to use the bitcoin obtained from the sale of these rigs for a local business startup in my town.  This will be a Retail Hobby shop CCGs, RPGs, and Table top miniature games.  There have been other successful hobby stores in my town (17+ years) and I am friends with the owners and one of the former owners is going to be partnering with me for this venture.  YES we will accept bitcoin and once it's up and running I will begin purchasing miners and mine again! Smiley

I would be interested in starting the venture 100% entirely with a bitcoin investment and work with individuals to do some press about it.

I will treat this as a for sale thread, but PM me if you would like to donate or work out possible loan terms to help with the start-up.  I can provide more details if needed! 

I will gather more specific details on the systems when I am back at home and post pictures, but here is generally what is included:
(lots of 1x to 16x non powered rises,  misc. fans and different pcie power adapters, etc.)

Radeons
6790 - 200KHs - installed different fan after old one locked - mines fine
6850 - 230KHs - mines for undetermined amount of time sometimes days sometimes hours then goes to 510* and quits - consider this one failing, but possibly fixable?  I did recently reapply heat sink paste and it still happens
5830 - 260KHs - different fan installed on the open heat sink - mines fine - have an extra unopened arctic accelero mono fan, but with the clip on fan that's on it it runs cooler than my other cards so I just left it.
5830 - 260KHs
5850 - 400KHs - arctic accelero mono fan
6870 - 300KHs - This card is troublesome - sometimes mines fine sometimes causes display driver to crash in windows and cgminer must be restarted multiple times to work.  It seems better with some drivers than others, but consider this one failing
6870 - 300KHs
6870 - 310KHs - arctic accelero dual fan cooler
7850 - 330KHs
6950/6970 - 430 KHs
6970 - 430KHs
5870 - 400KHs? - this one I never go working correctly it detects and will run for a short period in BAMT and just slowly drops to no KHs

IF everything were fixed and working with minimal overclocking and tweaking this setup would push 4MHs, but due to issues with a few of the cards noted above It's currently around 3MHs consistently pushes higher than that while I play with the other cards.  The above noted speeds with the exception of the 5850 are non-overclocked speeds.

Have a few other cards that I consider dead 2 are 5800 series bare cards that have no fans/heat sinks that aren't detected by the OS I will have to check the model on the other, but it artifacts and locks the system when you try to mine.

Systems - The HP Boards complain about no USB or System fans connected so you MUST hit F1 on startup to boot those 3 - unless you shorted the pins or installed USB headers and fans these need manual intervention after reboot or power outage.
1 - HP XW4300 motherboard - 1 full size, 1 8x, 1 1x - 2 Gig Ram (4 512 sticks) - socket 775 cpu
2 - HP DC5800 motherboard - 1 full size, 2 1x - all 2 gig ram (4 512 sticks) - socket 775 cpu - 1 of these boards to be delivered tomorrow
1 - MSI - Will get model but 2 full size and 2 1x slots - will get specs on this system

PSUs - These are Delta Electronics/solid PSUs - they are LARGER than standard power supplys, but same bolt pattern...
3 XW9400 Workstation PSUs 800 Watt
1 XW9600 Workstation PSU 1050 Watt

I would prefer pickup in Ohio as it's a LOT of parts to ship and would be a nightmare to try to box everything safely and could also entertain delivery within a reasonable distance.  IF we come to a shipping agreement I would be willing, but it will be costly.

Can do Escrow w/ reputable source if required, but since this is possibly in person may not be needed, understanding this is mining hardware and some of it is finicky and I did my best to describe any issues, but payment would be upon delivery with some flexibility.

Now onto the price 1btc is $616.50 this morning on preev:
Since this is a Feeler and to help me start a physical business I will lay some things out: (would rather not part)
For 10/5 btc offers I would go ahead and purchase and include the open frame racks would need negotiated for less than 5 btc!
10btc Smiley - I'll deliver within 6 hours of central Ohio maybe further and/or host for a negotiated period and work some % ownership/profit share of the business with a set buyout - treated as investor/silent partner
5ish btc/$3000 (5-6 month ROI at .03 per day) I would be willing to host for a negotiated period (can't guarantee up-time, but would be best effort) then deliver within 150 miles or so of central Ohio or you pay shipping
4ish btc/$2500 (4ish month ROI at .03 per day) delivery within 150 miles or pay shipping
3ish btc/$2000 (3ish month ROI at .03 per day) - you pickup or pay shipping

I will run this thread the rest of this week unless someone outright makes an offer I can't refuse at which time I will sell.  At the end of the week/next week I will post an official for sale with item details, pics, etc.

Again this if for a business start-up that will be accepting bitcoin so PM suggestions on possible loans, donations, investors or kickstarter type ventures outside of this thread since this is specifically for the hardware.  I thought about linking this thread to the Loans subsection but didn't want it cluttering multiple threads.

nachius (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:16:10 PM

Would there be more interest if I sold 3 rigs with 3 cards each and a 4th setup with the cards that have issues?  I have got messages asking for pieces parts, but I'd rather not part out 1 card at a time if possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: