Note, this is running in testnet mode to test that the SolidCoin v1 coins are working correctly for people on the new chain and also to stress test the 51% network defense algorithm in SolidCoin v2.0. It also gives time for the exchanges and pools to ensure they are working correctly with the new network.
There will be a 24 hour notice before the network resumes proper activity.
Windows Binaries (32bit and 64bit)http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38674765/solidcoin-publicbeta-setup.exe
Linux 64 Binaries (GUI and Daemon)http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38674765/solidcoin-publicbeta-linux64.tar.bz2
And here are some of the new features
1) CPU mining is now possible through an internal miner, which also lets you connect to pools or your own computers to form a "super hash node" . Can also set a "share" amount, so instead of solving the real target, you solve smaller targets like pools do.
2) Multi wallet support
3) The only chain not vulnerable to 51% attacks
4) Major reworkings of the RPC code. Including
* splitting up getwork into sc_getwork and sc_testwork
* adding pool like features to the client so that pools can form much easier
* performance improvements
5) Major restructuring of the old SolidCoin/BItcoin code. Multithreading deadlock issues fixed, hundreds of performance improvements added, cleaner code to work on
6) CPF . Coin protection/promotion fund. A 5% amount is added and put into a fund which will help protect the currency when it comes to price, network stability and promotion
7) Block format changes to help improve efficiency when it comes to mining and also for future chain downloading improvements
Send dialog improvements. You can now see the fee in advance, and also how much balance you will have left after sending a certain amount.
9) Windows x64 builds available
10) Windows installer automatically selects 32bit or 64bit client, one download makes it easier
11) Many UI improvements
12) Move to 4 decimal points instead of 8 for better looking "numbers" and making it easier to use for average user
13) No more saving settings in wallet.dat . All settings now saved in solidcoin.conf
14) Can now mark blocks you find in the blockchain with your own unique identifier
15) Coin inflation is now somewhat tied to difficulty.