Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Introduction/Guide to the popular Etherium DApps: FOMO3D and PoWH3D  (Read 90 times)
Seetheummerallyeah (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:58:35 PM

In the past week, users of the decentralized block chain game FOMO3D and PoWH3D has skyrocketed. They are currently the #1 & #2 gas burners on the Ethereum network (excluding exchanges like Idex/Forkdelta/etc).

So what exactly is FOMO3D and PoWH3D?

Fomo3D is a blockchain game that is meant to mock common Ponzi's such as Bitconnect. They essentially advertise themselves as the "transparent ponzi". Transparent because the game is based on an immutable smart contract, which means that you can view the source code and know exactly what will happen, while the developers cannot just change things on a whim (unlike Bitconnect which was their own, closed-source coin). As of right now there is only one game mode (Fomo Long), with another game mode (Fomo Short) being released next week. The game is basically one big lottery with a couple added twists, with users purchasing keys with ETH. The price of a key increases with every subsequent key purchase, and each key purchase resets the "timer" of 24 hours. If the timer ever runs out, the user who bought the last key wins 50% of the pot, with the other split up between other keyholders, PoWH3D holders, or the next round depending on which of the 4 "teams" you contributed your key to. With a current pot of 21,000 ETH ($9.5M), being the last key holder would net you close to 5 million dollars. The issue is that with people constantly buying keys (and in turn, resetting the timer), the game will not be ending anytime in the foreseeable future.

So why do people buy keys now when they definitely won't be winning the jackpot with it? The answer is dividends. Every time someone purchases a key, you get a % of the purchase based on how many keys you own. This means that those who got in early are making thousands of % of ROI off dividends alone. Again, this is sort of like how a Ponzi normally operates, with the difference being that you know exactly what will happen because the game is based on an immutable smart contract. You can view the game statistics/prizepool/dividends or buy keys at their website, exitscam.me (notice the name, which was absolutely intentional)

PoWH3D is basically a token that is closely related to FOMO3D. The price of PoWH3D increases by a set amount of ETH every time someone buys, and decreases by the same set amount every time someone sells. This means the token has no set circulation and can be inflationary or deflationary depending on if people are buying or selling. Here's the twist- When you buy and sell PoWH3D you are taxed 10%. This tax is then paid to other PoWH3D holders as dividends. This means that the more you hold and the longer you hold for, the more in dividends you are paid. As more people buy, the price of PoWH3D increases, and so do you dividends as more ETH is contributed.

In addition, a portion of the key sales from FOMO3D goes to pay/reward PoWH3D holders as a "bonus dividend". This means many people are profiting immensely by just holding PoWH3D. Basically, as volume increases on both FOMO3D and PoWH3D, so do your dividends. The only way to buy/sell PoWH3D is by sending utilizing their smart contract, which you can do at the official exchange here.

Personal thoughts (these are my views only and NOT financial advice):

Personally I have NOT invested in FOMO3D Long because I feel like it's too late and the dividends aren't worth it. I will probably buy a couple keys in FOMO3D Short when it comes out as I can get in much earlier (which is the key to maximizing profits). However, I have invested a couple ETH into PoWH3D as the dividends are actually pretty decent, I am able to sell it immediately (unlike the FOMO3D keys), and I get dividends from both PoWH3D transactions AND FOMO3D key purchases. This entire thing is one big game of psychology- if you believe that there will be more people buying keys/PoWH3D, you can make a good profit. I find this all extremely interesting as this is an example of the power of Dapps and smart contracts.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LetEpsilonBe

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:37:52 PM

If you just want to play a game that is based on being the last player before the countdown, KickTheCoin.com has been around for a while now. Only the first two players get dividends so games actually end with winners.
Seetheummerallyeah (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

If you just want to play a game that is based on being the last player before the countdown, KickTheCoin.com has been around for a while now. Only the first two players get dividends so games actually end with winners.

The problem with clone sites like these is they have no volume. The biggest pot on kickthecoin is less then .02 eth which is pretty much nothing.
LetEpsilonBe

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:43:55 PM

The problem with clone sites like these is they have no volume. The biggest pot on kickthecoin is less then .02 eth which is pretty much nothing.

I wouldn't exactly call KickTheCoin.com a clone site since its been around quite a bit longer than FOMO3D, i think (correct me if i am wrong) it was the first countdown site on an EVM. That being said it does take some momentum to make the site work.
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:52:30 AM

They actually copied the idea from a guy from California.
cappy176

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:21:46 AM

This is actually a pretty cool idea, what do you guys think will happen in round 2 will we see a surge of fomo again like the first round?

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: