Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins will die due to Bitcoin bull run(ETF, big institutional investors)?  (Read 789 times)
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:59:04 PM

those institutional investor who only enter bitcoin is for speculational purpose only, they will likely dump their holding after bull season end.  those alt which have strong fundamental and have real usecase will remain strong.
you can't just say "die" easily only because the price get dumped

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:11:43 AM

those institutional investor who only enter bitcoin is for speculational purpose only, they will likely dump their holding after bull season end.  those alt which have strong fundamental and have real usecase will remain strong.
Quite the opposite, ETF institutional investors are strong hands long term investors. Even the short term traders are not all going to buy and sell at the same time, they will also permanently increase the price of bitcoin just by trading in the market. More liquidity, more demand and less supply all around.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:14:19 PM

Quite the opposite, ETF institutional investors are strong hands long term investors. Even the short term traders are not all going to buy and sell at the same time, they will also permanently increase the price of bitcoin just by trading in the market. More liquidity, more demand and less supply all around.

just FYI the investors in ETF (or if you like to call them "institutional investors") aren't buying bitcoin. they are investing in ETF which is not exactly bitcoin and whether they buy it, hold it, sell it, panic sell, FOMO buy,... none of it will ever affect the bitcoin price because they are not buying bitcoin and what they do is not happening on exchanges, instead it is happening elsewhere!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:22:56 PM

Hi, crypto enthusiasts!
I am thinking about recent situation on the crypto market. It seems that Bitcoin found the bottom and big investments are coming, but if you look at altcoins, almost every altcoin is bleeding and money is now moving into Bitcoin. Current Bitcoin dominance 47%!
Don´t you think that this could be end for many altcoins? Big institutional investors will not invest into altcoins...
What is your opinion.
Thank you!

No, it is normal for altcoins to bleed once the bitcoin price starts to rise. Once bitcoin price became stable and increased, the altcoin price will start recovering, investors will buy back on altcoins. Some altcoin might die, especially those who have no working product or no real purpose.

This is quite true and in fact am surprise that people can still get surprised with what can be the latest trends with Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency market. This is a roller-coaster type of a market where we should be expecting the unexpected at all times. In other words, this is just a natural occurrence and soon things will start to be balancing off...soon there will be time where the alts can be recovering especially those which are considered to be good projects. We will just have to relax and wait for it!
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:05:35 PM

Hi, crypto enthusiasts!
I am thinking about recent situation on the crypto market. It seems that Bitcoin found the bottom and big investments are coming, but if you look at altcoins, almost every altcoin is bleeding and money is now moving into Bitcoin. Current Bitcoin dominance 47%!
Don´t you think that this could be end for many altcoins? Big institutional investors will not invest into altcoins...
What is your opinion.
Thank you!

No, it is normal for altcoins to bleed once the bitcoin price starts to rise. Once bitcoin price became stable and increased, the altcoin price will start recovering, investors will buy back on altcoins. Some altcoin might die, especially those who have no working product or no real purpose.

This is quite true and in fact am surprise that people can still get surprised with what can be the latest trends with Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency market. This is a roller-coaster type of a market where we should be expecting the unexpected at all times. In other words, this is just a natural occurrence and soon things will start to be balancing off...soon there will be time where the alts can be recovering especially those which are considered to be good projects. We will just have to relax and wait for it!
It has been expecting to be happened after the bitcoin ETF announcement. People are believing in the rumour and they will be selling when the news about ETF decision will have announced by SEC. I think after 21 september and there will be another waves.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:13:05 PM

Yes, if Bitcoin's bull-run begins all altcoins will be dumped because everybody will sell alts for Bitcoin to join that leaving train to the moon. But when Bitcoin will flat altcoins will be pumped.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:22:56 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 07:55:43 PM by BartS

those institutional investor who only enter bitcoin is for speculational purpose only, they will likely dump their holding after bull season end.  those alt which have strong fundamental and have real usecase will remain strong.
The price is not the only thing that will kill them, if the bitcoin price goes up then the interest in those altcoins is going to go down, it is true that the altcoins that have good developers and are any good will survive no matter what but there are many altcoins that only exist as speculative vehicles, what do you think it is going to happen to them when they are not even useful for that? They will disappear of course, and to me that is a good thing since there are many useless coins already.
poli_btc

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:44:34 PM

Why do you think that large investors will not invest in altcoins? I think that if Bitcoin develops, then most of the altcoins will develop.
helenmitchell44

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

Bitcoin will and has always been affecting Altcoins. This isn't really news. I'm sure most of us already knew this.
Bitcoins bull run will drive people away from Altcoins. Everyone will redirect their attention to bitcoins and the prices of altcoins will be significantly low. That might be a good time to invest in altcoins.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:35:32 AM

Altcoins won't die out completely as there are some useful Alts like ETH and many of it's token that have real world usage with millions of dollars behind it.
Bitcoin also need Altcoin in order to keep its value in a way.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:47:10 AM

Hi, crypto enthusiasts!
What is your opinion.
Thank you!

I sorry to disagree but i always see that Altcoins are always riding with Bitcoin movement like if Bitcoin price will drop then same with the Altcoins too and when the Bitcoin price rise up then Altcoins are rising too. It is like every movement of Bitcoin will create a domino epic on Bitcoin. I don't know the reason but maybe most of the Altcoin holders are always relying on Bitcoin performance.
patz22

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:12:38 AM

That's what I noticed for the past weeks wherein they(investors) are more focused in BTC. My question is why, if you will look into a bigger picture ETH is more likely useful than BTC and they are more coins/projects that is worthy to invest in. But in my own opinion these whales will see the benefits of altcoins in the end.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:45:11 AM

That's what I noticed for the past weeks wherein they(investors) are more focused in BTC. My question is why, if you will look into a bigger picture ETH is more likely useful than BTC and they are more coins/projects that is worthy to invest in. But in my own opinion these whales will see the benefits of altcoins in the end.

if it was true then people would have already bought altcoins like ETH and their prices would have risen a lot more than bitcoin. and more importantly if it was true then these altcoin price would have never dropped like this with the smallest rise in bitcoin price!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:49:48 AM

I do not agree on with you that altcoin will die due to bitcoin bull run but they will rather rise if the price of bitcoin increase because bitcoin controls their price. I am sure when the bull run start, altcoins will show very positive rise in their price especially the potential ones.
patz22

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:41:57 AM

if it was true then people would have already bought altcoins like ETH and their prices would have risen a lot more than bitcoin. and more importantly if it was true then these altcoin price would have never dropped like this with the smallest rise in bitcoin price!

Can't you see that basically the reason why BTC is still #1 simply because it is the origin or 1st crypto but if you will take a look on functionality example transaction fees and speed I prefer eth. But I cannot deny the fact that BTC is still unstoppable in the market. Altcoins will have their time and I can't wait for it.  Smiley
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:51:44 AM

I do not agree on with you that altcoin will die due to bitcoin bull run but they will rather rise if the price of bitcoin increase because bitcoin controls their price. I am sure when the bull run start, altcoins will show very positive rise in their price especially the potential ones.

that's right mate. I agree with your opinion because I do also notice that when bitcoin rises , altcoin will also rises so when bitcoin started to bull run , altcoins will probably start their own bull run which means the can easily increase and not on dying . altcoin will only die if bitcoin will also die but that wont probably happen too easily because bitcoin nowadays is still indemand due to its usefulness . on the other hand , if altcoin will die , they will on their own and bitcoin will probably become more indemand because all people will switch to it .
leanhthu8

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:30:46 AM

I think the market will be excited to return to bitcoin
WuGong

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:58:58 AM

How is it possible that you overestimate the ability of the ETF. The cryptocurrency ETF is still able to rise, it just takes some time to wait patiently.
sarfwr

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:09:05 AM

I think there will still be some institutional investors who will invest in ALT.
Because ALT can be more volatile, they're going after profit. Grin

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:14:08 AM

Altcoins won't die out completely as there are some useful Alts like ETH and many of it's token that have real world usage with millions of dollars behind it.
Bitcoin also need Altcoin in order to keep its value in a way.

The market always needs Bitcoin and altcoin, why do I say that? Well, as you all know, there are times when the Dominance of Bitcoin has dropped to about 33%, and the altcoin takes the market share of the market. But now Bitcoin is increasing in total market share, which means that the cash flow is switching between Bitcoin and Altcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: