Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why nobody panic sells?  (Read 2141 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:18:26 PM

I know there are some guys owning > 50,000 bitcoins? why they don't sell?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 02:27:34 PM

I know there are some guys owning > 50,000 bitcoins? why they don't sell?

one question, multiple answers:

1) Absolute faith in the system
2) Stashed coins don't require maintenance
3) Actually be aware that price was driven up artificially to those 30$ heights
4) etc

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:31:14 PM

Then I ask the mighty Gods that have power on their encrypted hard rives to pour some bulks of 10,000 on us mortals so the price goes lower.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 02:40:28 PM

Then I ask the mighty Gods that have power on their encrypted hard rives to pour some bulks of 10,000 on us mortals so the price goes lower.

heh, hope they do and make us early adopters too  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:47:12 PM

Are you serious? You want the Value of coins to go DOWN?
The only fucking reason i can think as to WHY someone would want the value of coins to drop, Is so that they can buy then resell them

It's already at <$5 wth is wrong with you, If you cant afford bitcoins, Get out of the Markets

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:49:14 PM

The only fucking reason i can think as to WHY someone would want the value of coins to drop, Is so that they can buy then resell them

It's already at <$5 wth is wrong with you, If you cant afford bitcoins, Get out of the Markets

Hoarding and speculating got us here. If people sell (some) of their tens of thousands, they will be evenly dispersed,. I would also suggest everyone to destroy 2% of their coins to raise up the value.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:56:09 PM

Hoarding and speculating got us here. If people sell (some) of their tens of thousands, they will be evenly dispersed,. I would also suggest everyone to destroy 2% of their coins to raise up the value.

Hoarding and speculation brought the price up to $60, THATS A GOOD THING FOR MINERS, Maybe not for Low income Marketeers. But $5 is Definitly not a 'falsifyed' value

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:57:55 PM

60 or 30?

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:59:57 PM

60 or 30?

Did i say 60? Fuck i suck on the numberpad

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:01:51 PM

Lol! destroying coins won't make the remaining coins more valuable! And, "even dispersion" is a myth! Those with deep pockets will buy them all up! This isn't newegg with limit 1 per household orders.  

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:03:45 PM

Lol! destroying coins won't make the remaining coins more valuable! And, "even dispersion" is a myth! Those with deep pockets will buy them all up! This isn't newegg with limit 1 per household orders.  

I couldnt possibily agree more. If coin value drops, Then Mr.DeepPockets, Is going to buy EVERY coin, And you wont beable to purchase a Damn thing, And then what, Were all stuck with a Low value, And little to NO coins circulating

Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:03:50 PM

Of course it will, it's deflation!  IT WILL WORK!

I couldnt possibily agree more. If coin value drops, Then Mr.DeepPockets, Is going to buy EVERY coin, And you wont beable to purchase a Damn thing, And then what, Were all stuck with a Low value, And little to NO coins circulating

So...exactly the same as now?   Cheesy

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:07:57 PM

What's the problem with hoarding? What's the difference between somebody destroying his coins and somebody never selling them?
I must admit I don't quite follow your logic.

As for the dispersing of the coins: I agree in theory, but a low price alone isn't sufficient for that - you need quite some additional assumptions.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:13:41 PM

What's the problem with hoarding? What's the difference between somebody destroying his coins and somebody never selling them?
I must admit I don't quite follow your logic.

As for the dispersing of the coins: I agree in theory, but a low price alone isn't sufficient for that - you need quite some additional assumptions.

(to humor your question)
Destroyed=lol dude, It's Destroyed.
Hoarded=an XYZ value that changes and can be cashed in

Point=Why the fuck would you destroy coins?
Point=Holding them is a way to reduce Circulation and in turn Reduce how Volatile the market is
Point=Destroying them would be simmilar to hoarding them, But you cant Cash In something thats destroyed.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:32:02 PM

Of course it will, it's deflation!  IT WILL WORK!

It won't work until BitCoin becomes mainstream. And at that time, the divisibility of BitCoin takes over, and CAN be added to!
IMO, you'd have to "destroy" a hell of a lot more than 2% to make a real impact short term!

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:04:34 PM

Of course it will, it's deflation!  IT WILL WORK!

It won't work until BitCoin becomes mainstream. And at that time, the divisibility of BitCoin takes over, and CAN be added to!
IMO, you'd have to "destroy" a hell of a lot more than 2% to make a real impact short term!

+1

grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:25:14 PM

There's less reason to panic sell at $5 then at $10 if your cost basis is pennies per coin (as it is for all early adopters).   The only ones who will capitulate are the 75% that got in between $8 and $30.   The other 25% is only a risk for panic selling at $30+.
saadtariq30

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:27:24 PM

push to $4..lets see how long that wall lasts
saadtariq30

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:35:40 PM

aannnd its gone
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:37:48 PM

Can't wait till it goes down to REAL value of <$1 as many have free elec.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: