Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin groupon  (Read 5717 times)
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2011, 11:00:36 PM

I think that site is great idea - need more propagation here around!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kiv

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 10:44:19 AM

The site is great, I made a couple pledges. If you wanted to open source the code I could probably help you work on it Smiley

GUIMiner - get started easily mining Bitcoins on your GPU or CPU
Donate to support work on GUIMiner: 1MDDh2h4cAZDafgc94mr9q95dhRYcJbNQo
or YouTipIt
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 04:12:24 PM

I have some travelling on the weekend, but I wanted to show you something before going away so here it is:

http://bitcoinity.org

I've implemented I think the most important part that is confirmation of forum accounts, and this very bruteforce basic wanted sites list. If you like playing with software that may crash at any moment, feel free to check it out.

Little problem is, that once I started coding I couldn't stop myself and now I want to add 100 things there :/1

Usability will be improved, currently I just focused on collecting data properly. I'll be very happy to hear about issues and suggestions. As for these already stated:

• I guess I can add entering amount in bitcoins if you really think there is need for it (then I would recalculate their value according to some exchange everyday so that we have up to date total amount in dollars)
  • About open source, yeah well I think why not (no guarantees), I'm doing this for fun non profit, however I would prefer to build solid skeleton on my own, if there are any requests currently I think in many cases I may code them faster than it would take to cooperate with somebody on this.

PS. Looks awful as promised.
PS2. Fixing my english welcome.
Awesome work comboy.  Would be good to have url added to OP for newcomers to this thread.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
comboy (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 06:15:38 AM

My weekend got a bit longer, anyway, I'm glad there's some feedback Smiley

I've added link to the first post, may be helpful indeed, thanks. Also I introduced something like:

http://bitcoinity.org/soup

Because I like idea of reading all bitcoin news in one place. I'm putting the whole RSS's body there currently so I don't know if it won't turn out that somebody has problem with that (then maybe I'll just leave some links and little body with stripped html). You can add url manually, and I'm thinking about some voting (you know to have like news.ycombinator.com kind of news site for bitcoin), but I'm not sure if people want to visit site to view them (I like my rss reader personally), and because of this I'm not sure if there would be enough votes to make it usable.

Any kind of suggestions and ideas are actually worth more than my coding so very much welcome.

About open sourcing: I don't want to decide now something that I'll regret later, so I'm still wondering if that can really work out (but I guess it sounds good, but psst).

PS. http://bitcoinity.org/wanted?compact=1 XKCD leading so far Smiley

Variance is a bitch!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: