Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not all traders are on this forum...  (Read 624 times)
Oblodo (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:43:34 PM

Did it ever dawn on anyone that not all ppl trading in BTC are nerds? Since April 2013 a lot of ppl started to buy BTC, and most ppl are not as familiar with forums and such.. I have friends that think MtGox is the only place to trade. It could be they live in a bubble.. The news talk about MtGox as the BTC site, and since loads of greedy ppl wanted to get rich quick, they all went trading over at MtGox. The easy to understand, the pro look of the site, it all ticks the boxes with the average Joe. The FUD here is never read, only news. The watch MtGox own charts, not even knowing there is any other site..    This could be why the trades keep going like they do. PPL believing in the Gox propaganda or goxaganda as I would call it. I have mixed feelings about Gox, never had any problems, but I do see their lack of information and just plain stupidity hurts BTC. You guys have to remember that even if we are in 2014, shit loads of ppl still are computer illiterate... They have to get help to even check their online bank........ BTC-e is going to look like hell for them.. same with other l33t sites ( in their eyes.. not mine  Wink  )

I am probably wrong, but it might be worth taking in as a variable in the big picture..
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:57:57 PM

TL:DR. 

People that don't do any research lose their money.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:01:34 PM

I think most people trading on gox are just trapped.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:05:47 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 12:02:56 AM by Torque

TL:DR.  

People that don't do any research lose their money.

LOL...this.

Also I chuckle when folks constantly refer to Mt. Gox as a "they" or "them".  As if Mt. Gox is like this HUGE company of employees.  It's basically just one guy: Mark.  One guy, a glorified sysadmin, that thinks he's a god, totally infallible, and that his site's shit code is the shiznit.  The fact is that he got lucky with purchasing that site when he did, as he couldn't run a successful company otherwise.  He definitely lacks the PR and customer service skills needed to survive long term.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: