Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bull runs happens, how much BTC dominance will be at peak?  (Read 338 times)
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:07:54 PM

As we are seeing some bullish movements with ETFs and things, Bitcoin dominance is also rising to its 2018 high to 46.70% with alts are bleeding badly with reference from coinmarketcap.  How much do you think BTC dominance at a peak in this bull run before alts starts their own bull run.
We are about at the peak right now, since bitcoin is going up the altcoins value against bitcoin is dropping but their value in dollar is not dropping much and some even increase. So from here on if the bitcoin goes up altcoins will stay about the same on bitcoin price but increase in dollar value. However if bitcoin stays the same for a while around here people will invest back into altcoins which will make bitcoin dominance lower because altcoins bitcoin value will increase as well as their dollar value.

As we have witnessed BTC dominance slid to 64.79% in Dec 2017 bull run from early 2017 where it was as high as 87%.  If we take these two peak points into consideration, in my opinion, this time BTC dominance will be around 53% (55% max) in peak before alts takes momentum.
Please hold on. What is the significance of this statistics in terms of analyzing the growth of bitcoin or into comparing bitcoin against altcoin ? Firstly marketcap is an inaccurate measure to compare assets after that dominance is another similar measurement. I am not interested in following this.

bitcoin percentage of total market cap will continue to go down as new shitcoins and new tokens are being created every day with millions or billions of coins in their respective supplies
This must be an inevitable truth. One day or other bitcoin dominance in crypto markets will go as low as 1% or even lower than that also when this truth persists. Bitcoin is the king of crypto world as per this community and no other statistics never needed to prove again to this community.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 04:27:02 PM

If bitcoin ETF will approve this coming August then bull run will start that I think BTC price could pick more than 100% to 300% based on other trader's analysis, around $20k to $50k is the possible peak price of bitcoin after the bull runs.

However, if bitcoin ETF result still denied, then there is a big bear market crash around 10% to 15% just like what happened in past few days when the bitcoin ETF was rejected by SEC.

So, the movement market these days are in 50/50.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:45:11 PM

If bitcoin ETF will approve this coming August then bull run will start that I think BTC price could pick more than 100% to 300% based on other trader's analysis, around $20k to $50k is the possible peak price of bitcoin after the bull runs.

It's not as bright as it looks. Even with an approval we won't be seeing any trading of it this year, which means that people will be handling things differently from last year's future market speculation. I think that next year will be a much better time for a bull run to start gaining traction. Right now we still have potential tax sales ahead of us, where on top of that, January has always been a month where the price has gone down. I'm not saying that the price won't go up significantly, it's just not likely. Another aspect is that the market does the opposite of what people believe in, and if they believe in a bull run, they won't be getting one....
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:03:41 PM

Is there really a clear and defined correlation between bitcoin dominance and bitcoin's bullish or bearishness?

The only reason why bitcoin dominance diminished last year during its bull run was because of the overheated ICO and alt markets, which is something that is extremely irrational. I think that there is every possibility that as people realise half of the new projects out there are completely useless, they'll shift towards investing in bitcoin instead of any of the ICOs, leading to a bigger BTC dominance.

So unless we know the exact sentiments of the market at the time of the bull market, it's impossible to predict. I certainly don't see it going under 35% any time soon, even in a bull market with overheated alts, but there is tons of possibility that dominance could go up further in the near future to potentially 50-60% in a bull market.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:38:01 PM

Since Bitcoin went from $6,000 to $8,000 a few weeks ago, altcoins have failed to grow, and to me this is a bearish sign for alts.

often times, though, altcoins lag the BTC trend: BTCUSD will pump, altcoins will dump at first. but sometimes after the BTCUSD uptrend gets established, alt/BTC charts follow in toe.

i certainly wouldn't long alts right now. it's possible we're near a major low (ETHBTC is in an especially interesting spot, hovering above the long term trend). but it could get ugly if the bottom falls out here.

Cryptocurrency market as a whole is not bullish like it was in the previous two year because alts have failed to suck from Bitcoin's gains.

i'd say the next few weeks are crucial to establish whether we are in a range market, or a bear market. a continued bear market for BTC is very bad news for alts.......

DavidMoore

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:07:48 PM

I think this bull trend will not face any momentum. After the long bear trend, the market is slowly recovering. Bitcoin is regaining back its previous position. I don't think its price will face any momentum in future.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:47:55 AM

So unless we know the exact sentiments of the market at the time of the bull market, it's impossible to predict. I certainly don't see it going under 35% any time soon, even in a bull market with overheated alts, but there is tons of possibility that dominance could go up further in the near future to potentially 50-60% in a bull market.

At the moment, bitcoin dominance is around 48% and bitcoin is consolidating which means the altcoins' time to shine. If ever bitcoin's price continue to go up then it would be able to increase its dominance/market share. I would assume that it would still have half of the market share even though altcoins are getting higher percentage increase than bitcoin and ICOs are launching every day because those who are in the market for sometime would realized that some of those new projects would fail so they would just shift their attention to the coins that have been existing for sometime or already proven their worth.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
JohnHendry

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:46:50 AM

This is still hard to say because even now, the market has not hit a complete a complete bull run. it is still on the verge of it and we are just speculating things. But rest assured, the numbers will be satisfactory.
TravisField

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:08:27 AM

Bitcoin has been showing an upward moving graph for past couple of weeks, if it continue to grow like this then there is a huge chance of it surpassing its last record. Recent events of regulating BTC and legalizing in some countries has made an impact according to my opinion.
MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:07:25 AM

Agreeing with you. Bitcoin’s dominance at this rate could be max 55%. But if there is a bull run like Dec 2017, it could go well above 70% as alts get dumped while bitcoin rises. Experts around the world are already expecting BTC to rise up to 60,000$ this year, though these are just opinions but following the current market closely it can be predicted that the bull run is imminent.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:20:01 AM

The last All time high we reach is at $18,000 USD if we can have a bull run and we reach that certain peak again and let's say it will be on November or middle of November, If the price continue to increase We might see a $20,000, $25,000 USD I can not go beyond any further than that because there might be a different issue base on the 3 more months Until a speculated bull run we can have, Because we might have a different movement on that 3 months until November a bull run might occur.
Yes that is very good news, I also expect and hope that bitcoin price will surely go back to its previous highest price.
Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:58:08 PM

If BTC dominates at 80%, then my asset may fall 85%, I do not want this to happen, the real bull market should be BTC after the price rises. Altcoin's price will follow.

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:19:39 PM

Probably 90%, specially if bcash lol dies.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:29:10 PM

Any Bitcoin bull run will relatively shortly be followed by an alt bull run so the peak dominance will probably come at the point of maximum gloom for BTC and alts.

There's sooooooo much shit out there that needs purging predicting the percentage is going to be really hard but I don't think the 80% plus predictions are very realistic. My pure guess is 65-70% and then it'll works its way back down.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:33:31 PM

I doubt that it would rise if the markets continue to see alts and ICOs as a more volatile, faster way to make gains on investments.

When there is a bull market, usually investors tend to favor alts. Bitcoin obviously still rises, but the altcoin rush that happens within bull markets will pretty much outpace the growth of bitcoin, leading to an overall decline of bitcoin's market cap in relation to the rest of the cryptos.

I do think that bitcoin is going to be the best investment in terms of crypto in the long run, and in the long run, we'll see a gradual increase of BTC dominance back to the 70-80% region at least. However, this will only happen after the hype surrounding other cryptos dies down, and people realize that most of these are completely useless.

Smiley
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1685

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

If ETF is approved we go to 9k and to 20k  by the end of december. No doubt. We will see a huge influx of bitcoin purchases and at least 80% dominance.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:34:56 PM

Probably 90%, specially if bcash lol dies.
It won't. Bcash is more than just a fork competing with Bitcoin. It's meant to grant older mining hardware a second life now there is another large SHA256 coin with a reasonable amount of liquidity, and it's backed by Bitmain.

I initially was one of the many thinking that Bcash would die and lose all its value, but you'll quickly change your mind and view on what Bcash really is once you really dig into it.

Bcash should be able to outcompete Litecoin for ever and they seem to focus on ICOs now as well, so their next target is to rival EOS and Ethereum. I however don't think they stand a chance against Ethereum.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:45:27 PM

It won't. Bcash is more than just a fork competing with Bitcoin. It's meant to grant older mining hardware a second life now there is another large SHA256 coin with a reasonable amount of liquidity, and it's backed by Bitmain.

I initially was one of the many thinking that Bcash would die and lose all its value, but you'll quickly change your mind and view on what Bcash really is once you really dig into it.

Bcash should be able to outcompete Litecoin for ever and they seem to focus on ICOs now as well, so their next target is to rival EOS and Ethereum. I however don't think they stand a chance against Ethereum.

Dunno. Compared to Litecoin it's ridiculously fractious, poorly developed and this Bitmain IPO thing has revealed they have absolutely monstrous Bcash bags and they've been burning huge amounts of their own money to support it.

It looks very shaky from every angle right now compared to other projects.

No doubt it's going to live on, it's too tempting not to try the occasional pump, but I don't see how it can stay up there.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:52:10 PM

What is going on now is different than what happened last October 2017.

Basically back then the market domiannce was increasing but so was the bitcoin price.

Right now its the opposite, the dominance it going up but the bitcoin price is going down (or at least flat-lined).

So this isn't an indicator that in 1 month BTC will end up going from $6K all the way to $20K like what happened last November 2017.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:58:32 PM

Any Bitcoin bull run will relatively shortly be followed by an alt bull run so the peak dominance will probably come at the point of maximum gloom for BTC and alts.

yeah, or vice versa. alts had their run before BTC in 2017.

these things work in cycles (the money flow between alts and BTC). it happens time and time again. one stays stagnant, the other skyrockets, then profits starts flowing into the laggard.

There's sooooooo much shit out there that needs purging predicting the percentage is going to be really hard but I don't think the 80% plus predictions are very realistic. My pure guess is 65-70% and then it'll works its way back down.

i think it's just impossible to tell right now. maybe when a bull run starts and we see what the market looks like.

the whole idea of market caps in crypto and BTC dominance, especially considering the proliferation of altcoins and tokens---it's all really fuzzy and arbitrary.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: