Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The really good news with recent events and catalysts for price increase  (Read 874 times)
kaysersoze (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:34:39 PM

Btc has really shown how extremely resilient it is and how many of us that really fundamentally believe in the its core value despite the last 2 months events. If all the recent events would have happened 2013, or 2012 the price probably would have dropped 80%+ ( like it did a few times).

My question is now that most of the bad news hopefully are gone.. what are the potential catalysts that will drive the price to 2k+ this year?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:42:33 PM

Catalyst:
1. God - from the thread title
2. Some type of Cyprus 2013 type event. (Argentina, Venezuela could but people have difficulty getting bitcoins there, but they could get others to evaluate their own safety. Some southern euro zone countries too)
3. Some more large retailers accepting btc.
4. Gox ending the uncertainty. They need to get their act together.

:-)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

Thats just the thing with bad news, it usually comes unexpectedly, otherwise it wouldnt be news. We could use some good news for a change!
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:03:36 AM

Catalyst:
1. God - from the thread title
2. Some type of Cyprus 2013 type event. (Argentina, Venezuela could but people have difficulty getting bitcoins there, but they could get others to evaluate their own safety. Some southern euro zone countries too)
3. Some more large retailers accepting btc.
4. Gox ending the uncertainty. They need to get their act together.

:-)

A euro country would definitely be a catalyst as surrounding countries or countries with a less than rosy economy would probably think they are the next domino in line. And with the IMF having stated that bail ins will be enforced (IIRC), then that should see a heavy influx.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:10:16 AM

that's hard to say. but it will probably move up first then get the news later.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:51:54 AM

Honestly the latest price drop isn't so much because of really bad news, as much as a lot of small or medium negative news all happening at the same time. And these will continue to happen throughout Bitcoin's future, until it *hopefully* becomes an accepted form of currency. I don't think we will have other big negative periods like this one in 2014, but of course I can't predict the future; I'm just making a guess based on how unlikely a lot of negative news are to happen at around the same time. In terms of potential positive news in the future...hopefully people will get out of Gox and go to the solid exchanges (stamp, btc-e etc) so that should cause a notable rise.

And yeah more retailers accepting bitcoin, I mean this is going on every day, it's just that we're still waiting for that one big company to open the flood gates. I think 2014 might be that year for that big company, but definitely not right now with all the volatility and bad press.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:24:20 AM

Btc has really shown how extremely resilient it is and how many of us that really fundamentally believe in the its core value despite the last 2 months events. If all the recent events would have happened 2013, or 2012 the price probably would have dropped 80%+ ( like it did a few times).

My question is now that most of the bad news hopefully are gone.. what are the potential catalysts that will drive the price to 2k+ this year?

Why you do not buy WorldCoins? It is the most advanced cryptocurrency.
BitCoin is the old currency - therefore it is time to say good bye for BTC.
BTW, it is easy to convert your BTCs to WDC. Just download the wallet (latest version - it will not take so long time to download), set up an account to exchange (Vircurex.com, cryptsy etc), transfer your bitcoins (this takes time because BitCoins are extremely slow and therefore not up to date technology so patience is necessary here). Then transfer the WorldCoins to your wallet. Prepare smooth and fast transfer as WDC is efficient and technically the most advanced cryptocurrency currently.
I promise you guys and girls, it will not take long to get the transfer fully confirmed. I challenge you to give WDC a try!  Wink You will not want bitcoins anymore after that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: