Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people invest in ICOs? Which factors matter most? [research project]  (Read 167 times)
ico_researcher (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:39:17 PM

We are two university researchers from Trier University (GER) and the Erasmus University Rotterdam (NL). We try to investigate why people invest in ICOs (decision criteria, motives, behavior) in an empirical fashion. Any help in filling out or promoting this survey would be greatly appreciated: https://www.unipark.de/uc/ICOs/

As a reward for your participation, you will receive a detailed report of the results. This report will give you actionable insights on how to optimize your investment strategy and will most importantly allow you to benchmark your decision making to a large sample of ICO investors. Also, the report will reveal interesting information about specific aspects of ICOs, such as investor motivations, the opinion on white papers, regulation, and many more. The results of the study and all related publications will be published Open Access and freely available.

Finally, if we reach 500 participants or more, we will hold an Ethereum raffle in which we will distribute 0.5 ETH to a randomly chosen person.

bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:42:42 PM

It's mainly because ICOs have the high chance of big returns, but this always comes with a large amount of risk. It's as simple as that.
gloomyz

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

I think, because with investing in ICOs we can make a very high profit than just tradingngr mining. theis is just if we invest in good ICO, but if we invest in failure UCO, I think we can lose the very big amounttrading
farhiamunni

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

I think ICO is one of the reliable being on blockchain technology. I want to invest in ICO and I am a newcomer here, would this survey cooperate with me to being successful in this field?
sarfwr

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:09:17 AM

I think the motivation of most investors is only because ICO may have a huge return, which is the motivation of most people to participate. However, in my opinion, the risk of participating in ICO is actually very high.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
desciglio2

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:20:38 AM

We need to do more research on ICO. I will participate in this survey and wait for the final report. ICOs have been disappointed lately, so I wonder what people think  Undecided

HadadC

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

I think most factor is that main idea. When the first time you are reading idea or etc. you need te believe something. Somethings should be attractive for you.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
voltagecrypto98

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:31:19 PM

people always get interested over those thingd which has better facilities and good freture,  so it is clear that ICO is definitely offering something more developed and smoother then others that is why people feel more comfortable to invest on it, and hopefully it will be better in the future
listoncrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:46:00 PM

I thnik that we reach 500 participants or more, we will hold an Ethereum raffle in which we will distribute 0.5 ETH to a randomly chosen person.
SheldonLang

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:58:43 AM

I think peoples are earning profit from ICO that’s why they invest on ICOs. In recent time ICOs is a great site for invest.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:09:38 PM

People invest in ICOs for the same reasons that they are investing in coins that are already in the market and that is to make profit. ICOs actually give you an avenue to make a lot of money in a short time. People want to make money, that is the reason that they are investing in the coins in the first place. When people see a good project offering a good product that they are sure that people will be using for years to come then they definitely want to invest in the ico.
HarryBrace

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:43:57 PM

I think when a person studies thoroughly an ICO project and believe in it, then they decide to invest on it. Through ICO, funds can be raised which will add to your income. A good ICO project can make money 10-20 times faster than any other cryptocurrency.
X-Infinity

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 08:53:12 AM

We are two university researchers from Trier University (GER) and the Erasmus University Rotterdam (NL). We try to investigate why people invest in ICOs (decision criteria, motives, behavior) in an empirical fashion. Any help in filling out or promoting this survey would be greatly appreciated: https://www.unipark.de/uc/ICOs/

As a reward for your participation, you will receive a detailed report of the results. This report will give you actionable insights on how to optimize your investment strategy and will most importantly allow you to benchmark your decision making to a large sample of ICO investors. Also, the report will reveal interesting information about specific aspects of ICOs, such as investor motivations, the opinion on white papers, regulation, and many more. The results of the study and all related publications will be published Open Access and freely available.

Finally, if we reach 500 participants or more, we will hold an Ethereum raffle in which we will distribute 0.5 ETH to a randomly chosen person.

ICOs have token sales where early investors can benefit from buying coins early at a discounted price. The returns can be very high after the project is in full swing and the concept providing real life assistance towards issues. It is up to the investor to do his/her due diligence before investing in a cryptocurrency or an ICO. The nature of this digital market is very volatile which plays a part on the risky investment topic.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:06:42 AM

First of all people invest in ICOs in order to get the great income instead, that may give them the monthly income - sometimes holders of platform tokens may get the monthly income in the form of interest. Everyone has the own motivation - just having additional income, or collect for some other ideas, or become the part of supporters of the platform, but mostly it deals with the own profit. But sometimes people believe in idea and just try to support the leaders and the teamFirst of all people invest in ICOs in order to get the great income instead may mayo give them the monthly income - sometimes holders of platform tokens may get the monthly income in the form of interest. Everyone has the own motivation - just having additional income, or collect for some other ideas, or become the part of the developers of the platform, but mostly it deals with the own profit. But sometimes people believe in idea and just try to support the leaders and the team
RalphNorman

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:05:57 AM

There are a few key factors that you should always look into while investing in an ICO. The team behind it is crucial for verifying transparency. White paper is very crucial to see how the interior and system actually works. The token distribution and Media Attention and community coverage is also significant to portray a well defined road map of the ICO, and provides a balanced view.
forestharvest
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:10:10 AM

The thing that matter the most should be whether is the ICO legit a not. Even if the ICO does not moon after their ICO the value still can be there. If you invest in a scam ICO you might lose everything that you invest into it.
AllenTurner

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:02:47 AM

People invest in ICOs because they hope they can get some easy money out of it. Not all projects may survive in the future and many turns out to be scams. So, doing thorough research is important. The details in the whitepaper, the team, advisory board etc. should be checked before investing in the ICOs and whether the project actually needs the help of blockchain should be considered too.
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:20:36 AM

I like ICO and I invest a lot. Of course I expect a great profit, but if I help to implement the right idea, it will also be great for me.
becapital

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:15:11 PM

People mainly invest in ICO to increase their capital. It seems to be the most profitable at first glance and often really get a good profit
nemesio

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:15:11 PM

For me, investing in ICO is a chance to earn as much money as possible and I do not pursue other goals at the moment
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: