Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time travelers are still speculators.  (Read 2291 times)
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:35:11 PM

So anyone traveled ? Cheesy

Who knows? these "speculators time travellers" (cheating) are well know problem since pit floor trading ... I think I did already but I'll suggest again.... the book ( Electronic Exchanges: The Global Transformation from Pits to Bits, Gorham ISBN-10: 0849301165 ) Its well detailed history about traditional exchanges around the globe ... I think is a proper time to read it since all those problems in BTC exchanges ...

But time from pure math/physics perspective is also such interesting thing ...

Quantum Experiment Shows How Time ‘Emerges’ from Entanglement

Time is an emergent phenomenon that is a side effect of quantum entanglement, say physicists. And they have the first experimental results to prove it.

https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/d5d3dc850933

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:37:32 PM

m about to do it right now. Time travel is possible. In fact, I a
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

cool  Cool ... also we can try to sell it on

London Gold Fixing ( THE 5 CURRENT MEMBERS MEET TO AGREE THE PRICE FIX TWICE A DAY AT 10:30 AM AND 3:00 PM )

Grin

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:21:37 PM

I have learned to travel through time at the rate of 60 seconds per minute!

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:33:07 PM

Yes I am suggesting that the Bitcoin market is random (within certain parameters).

Perhaps more accurately described as a random walk subject to biases (such as the Gox antics).  The trick is separating the Brownian motion (market noise) from the real market moving biases.  I consider the dip on Mt Gox this morning to 248 to be market noise / Brownian motion.  The fact that the swings are big in % terms is irrelevant - you get that with any volatile market.

And beware of fat tailed probability.

You know the problem with modelling based on brownian motion, yet you still encourage it.

There are much better models that can generate price series data that is indistinguishable from actual trade data developed by Mandelbrot and others.  Using normal distributions/brownian motion is pretty much useless and can easily be picked out as computer generated.  These models are power law based and build off of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipf's_law .  If you still think brownian motion based models are useful, you really should read the first chapter of Mandelbrots book, "The (Mis)Behavior of Markets".  He really destroys any case there ever was for assuming normality and independence in the thorough fashion of a research scientist, by going back to the original papers and rigorously disproving their assumptions with data.

Also, what does brownian motion have to do with the butterfly effect?  Dynamical systems that are sensitive to initial conditions will indeed produce large divergences with small changes in initial input.  That is what is being characterized by the butterfly effect analogy.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:00:27 AM

I have learned to travel through time at the rate of 60 seconds per minute!
Define travel... I am perpetually living in the past, 0.00000001 second behind light itself and 250ms behind the markets. Even standing still, I am traveling millions of miles an hour...

I stand on the surface of the earth, it rotates thousands of miles an our around the axis, that travels thousands of additional miles an hour around the sun, which travels thousands of miles an hour around the spiraling milky-way galaxy, which is hurling through space at an additional thousands of miles an hour towards the Andromeda galaxy, which is spiraling around the other swirl of galaxies going millions of miles more through the universe... Which may be expanding perpetually faster, at millions of miles an hour more!

I think we are all traveling the speed of light... Must be, we are all energy... Finally, Einstein was actually right! (Not, but close enough again.)

Throw a 60 MPH fastball off the back of a truck traveling 60 MPH, and the ball isn't actually moving, to the observer on the side of the road. (Well, it will fall down to the ground at the speed of gravity-pull, from 0 MPH.) Throw it off the front of that same truck, it is now moving 120 MPH to an observer on the side of the road. Don't get hit by the one thrown off the front of the truck, it will hurt more than the one thrown off the back.
xybersurfer

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:37:06 PM

Even if you could travel back in time...you would still only be able to make 1 single trade before not knowing where the market is going again. Your one trade would set into motion a chain of events which is impossible to predict  Grin

Have fun over the next couple of days!

if the market would become unpredictable after 1 trade, simply travel to the future to. then do it again:

1) travel back in time
2) make trade
3) travel to the future
4) repeat all the above

:p

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: