Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for rental properties  (Read 874 times)
Bigmac3 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:33:53 AM

I am currently developing a rental website to search for new rental properties world wide.  I am wondering if anyone on this forum could help me find a bit coin service that allows tenants to pay for rent.   The landlord would be on the other side and collecting the rent i would imply a small fixed fee as the portal.  I have done this with other payment systems.  I was wondering if this would be possible with bit coin?? If enough bit coins passed through it would help its deflationary status considering rent payment are a necessity you need a place to live as you need to eat food.  By paying with bit coin you would fight the deflationary crash that might happen.  The prices of good are staying the same as bit coins is going higher on the demand if it keeps increasing my theory would go that people would hold their bit coins and not exchange them.  This would lead to a rise in price of the bit coin but ultimately would crash.  Running economics models it proves time and time again you need to have a steady variable and i think rent would be the answer.   
Thank you
Branny

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:40:10 AM

There are quite a few wordpress plugins that allow you to do ecommerce + crypto coin payments.

When we start accepting rent via bitcoin, that's the route we're going since our rent portal is already on wordpress.
Griegura

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:32:51 PM

Sounds cool! wish I could pay my rent in btc!

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
Bigmac3 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:15:48 PM

Any direction where I can find anything like this.  Or people to help me make a system like this.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:22:22 PM

woocommerce plugin is what I"m using www.honeybadgerofmoney.com.  Its free. 

Use Bitpay to get the money converted into fiat automatically.

ADcoin.me

Activity: 795
Merit: 500

Name change soon (hopefully)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:40:29 PM

Yeap, bitpay is probably the best option for you.

Palcoin.co
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:53:10 AM

If you need any help getting that site set up, just holler.
Thai

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:29:09 AM

That sounds like a wonderful idea. Please keep us updated once you launch or have concepts made. Although this is a bit of a tangent - I've always dreamed of having NFC or Bluetooth locks that responded to mobile phones. Pay with BTC and it automatically checks-in and assigns your phone the "key" to use the rental. That way, I wouldn't have to watch some person stare at a computer screen for five minutes to check me in at the hotel or condo complex. Smiley
Bigmac3 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:19:43 PM

I am still stuck on this actual platform I am thinking about developing one myself. 
bittyweb

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:03:32 AM

I am currently developing a rental website to search for new rental properties world wide.  I am wondering if anyone on this forum could help me find a bit coin service that allows tenants to pay for rent.   The landlord would be on the other side and collecting the rent i would imply a small fixed fee as the portal.  I have done this with other payment systems.  I was wondering if this would be possible with bit coin?? If enough bit coins passed through it would help its deflationary status considering rent payment are a necessity you need a place to live as you need to eat food.  By paying with bit coin you would fight the deflationary crash that might happen.  The prices of good are staying the same as bit coins is going higher on the demand if it keeps increasing my theory would go that people would hold their bit coins and not exchange them.  This would lead to a rise in price of the bit coin but ultimately would crash.  Running economics models it proves time and time again you need to have a steady variable and i think rent would be the answer.   
Thank you

If you already done with another system, you can just implement the same using bitcoin. Bitcoin is just payment option, it is not the new type of rental website.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: