Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:25:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P2Pool only sends coins found to default coin daemon - can't pay miners  (Read 1339 times)
hoquet (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:13:44 AM

Is there some sort of switch or conf or py file that I need to change in order to have P2Pool pay workers that connect with their wallet addresses? The default behavior seems to be that all mined coins comes to the wallet that I installed (bitcoind) for P2Pool.

If this is the case, I need to figure out how much coin should go to each address, then send. However from reading all the installation guides, it seems like this is supported to figure out for you. I've looked through Forests p2pool site, several threads here, and I've even looked through the code.

If you have any suggestions, or other posts for me to look at, please help.

send me your btc wallet address too, I'll shoot you a beer!

Thanks in Advance
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hi_i_am_a_nerd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

What is a Bitcoin anyway?

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:19:48 AM

it should be automatically configured?

DoNaTe? BTC:  | EARN FREE BTC!
LTC: Lfugx6uauLN25EuhMyrAAquNePf7fZg2uV            | http://freebitco.in/?r=23681
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:23:57 AM

Is there some sort of switch or conf or py file that I need to change in order to have P2Pool pay workers that connect with their wallet addresses? The default behavior seems to be that all mined coins comes to the wallet that I installed (bitcoind) for P2Pool.

If this is the case, I need to figure out how much coin should go to each address, then send. However from reading all the installation guides, it seems like this is supported to figure out for you. I've looked through Forests p2pool site, several threads here, and I've even looked through the code.

Thanks in Advance

Sounds like you might not have P2Pool setup right. It doesn't sent the payouts at all to the servers wallet unless you enact it by using the -fee which is based on shares not actual Bitcoins earned.

hi_i_am_a_nerd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:26:11 AM

Thanks in Advance

Sounds like you might not have P2Pool setup right. It doesn't sent the payouts at all to the servers wallet unless you enact it by using the -fee which is based on shares not actual Bitcoins earned.

the -fee command fol owed by a number sets the percentage of the fee correct?

LTC: Lfugx6uauLN25EuhMyrAAquNePf7fZg2uV            | http://freebitco.in/?r=23681
hoquet (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:40:06 AM

I have a fee specified that should take -f 0.5 specified

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:56:51 AM

I have a fee specified that should take -f 0.5 specified

Okay that's fine. So your p2pool is taking 0.5% of the shares. The payout doesn't work the same way as public pools do that take their percentage based on the bitcoins you have mined. So in the end, a month down the road, you will see sometimes the miners get more than you and other times you get more then them, in the end it balances out.

hoquet (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:10:35 AM

My miners don't get anything. All the coins go to my wallet address that is defined in the coin daemon. A default wallet account go created called p2pool. Now when miners mine, all the balance goes into the server wallet.

Not just fees, everything even the coins they mined goes into my wallet.

hi_i_am_a_nerd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:13:02 AM

My miners don't get anything. All the coins go to my wallet address that is defined in the coin daemon. A default wallet account go created called p2pool. Now when miners mine, all the balance goes into the server wallet.

Not just fees, everything even the coins they mined goes into my wallet.

thats not a problem Wink lol but i would maybe start from scratch, looks like something went wrong

hoquet (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:10:36 AM

Okay, so something went wrong, I can fully redo all the steps.

However, I just want to confirm the scenario:

I can run a p2pool node and have multiple miners connected to my pool. They would put their wallet address in cgminer's user field. Then, they would receive coins directly.

Please confirm, this is the case.

Thanks
hi_i_am_a_nerd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:53:35 AM

I can run a p2pool node and have multiple miners connected to my pool. They would put their wallet address in cgminer's user field. Then, they would receive coins directly.

Thanks

as fr as i understsand that is true

hoquet (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:32:13 PM

Quick update.

Initially when I started the miners,  in the address I put a user name in the worker user. This will cause all the coins mined to be dumped into the server's wallet address for p2pool. It was later that I put in actual wallet addresses. After putting the new wallet address for a couple of hours, payments still went to the server address. However, it then started to work and all the remaining payments have now gone to the individual wallets and it seems to be working as expected now.

The p2pool also has very good DOA + orphan. I'm getting much better payouts than I when connected to another pool. But, time will tell, could just be luck playing a role.

Thanks
hi_i_am_a_nerd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:59:58 PM

Quick update.

Initially when I started the miners,  in the address I put a user name in the worker user. This will cause all the coins mined to be dumped into the server's wallet address for p2pool. It was later that I put in actual wallet addresses. After putting the new wallet address for a couple of hours, payments still went to the server address. However, it then started to work and all the remaining payments have now gone to the individual wallets and it seems to be working as expected now.

The p2pool also has very good DOA + orphan. I'm getting much better payouts than I when connected to another pool. But, time will tell, could just be luck playing a role.

Thanks

So it was just a matter of time then?

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:27:43 AM

Thanks

That is the case. Is this a bitcoin p2pool or an alt?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:29:55 AM

Quick update.

Thanks

It will take a while to ramp up for the new address and to ramp down for the old. They'll all get paid.

Sounds like you got it working.
hoquet (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:54:07 AM

I'm running for altcoins for the moment. Everything is running just fine now. It's been up and stable for 2 days now, payments coming about every 1.5 hours.

Payouts are happening just fine to the individual miners. Logs are well, no errors. Jason web stats are accurate. Good hash rates, and better hashing than other pools.  I am quite happy with the setup. Putting load on it now.
hi_i_am_a_nerd

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:21:17 PM

I'm running for altcoins for the moment. Everything is running just fine now. It's been up and stable for 2 days now, payments coming about every 1.5 hours.

Payouts are happening just fine to the individual miners. Logs are well, no errors. Jason web stats are accurate. Good hash rates, and better hashing than other pools.  I am quite happy with the setup. Putting load on it now.

What altcoin?

hoquet (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:32:05 AM

I'm running dogecoin right now. Testing with 1 coin.
I added 7 miners to it, total of ~14Mhs of mining. Payouts are coming on average every 1 hour.
When I ran the pool with only 1 miner, memory was at 150MB. After adding 7 miners, memory is about 210MB.

http://s2.postimg.org/rnveu3sop/memoryscreen.png
image: http://postimg.org/image/kxexko5it/

Here is some additional information:
Latency ~ 0.01967s
DOA ~ 6.4%
Efficiency ~ 99.31%

Things are looking great!

I will be re-writing all of the charts graphs from https://github.com/hardcpp/P2PoolExtendedFrontEnd
I like what he has done, but I am taking it a step further.

Also, I will be modifying the p2pool source to include additional logging capabilities.

I have virtual machines running now with the same dogecoin pool. I did one, ran it, then did another to make sure I could repeat it. I also hardened some of the security, logins, passwords, and ports. I used Ubuntu Server 12.04. It has no desktop and is wicked fast! It boots up in about 2-3 seconds! Building in some redundancy and fail-over.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: