Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be greedy when others are fearful...  (Read 1425 times)
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:35:18 AM

There something I would to correct, with all the respect of the others here in this thread. I don't know if the questioner is giving an advise or

asking? whatever, If we see that others are fearful while most of the price value of the coins are declining the term " Greedy " is not the right for

it instead, we must take the chance to buy the coins that got dumped especially if altcoins are potential one.
Maybe that mean is, greedy to buy? because many people certainly think that it is a good opportunity to buy
when prices go down because many users are panicking. of course the price will bounce quickly.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 03:09:32 AM

if there is capital to buy everything, who is afraid? when prices fall and everyone is afraid to buy, in fact it is our chance to take a big investment opportunity.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:14:45 AM

I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.

I agree with the opinion of Warren Buffet; as shared by you.  The same opinion I shared in the forum last month in following thread'
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4548213.msg40959748#msg40959748

Really speaking we should never follow the crowd.  Crowd followers can never become leaders but just a part of crowd.  The people who done something special were only who took some different path. 
So lets us swim opposite to the current of the river.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:26:08 AM

Most of the time being greedy will result of losses, but based on the line that be greedy when others are fearful it has a chance to get more earnings because some investors invested when the value of coins in the market are rising to make sure their investment have a big chance to earn profit, then greedy people are taking risk before the value of coin will increase.

Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:26:18 AM

Investors can always read opportunities, when many people are afraid then he can take advantage of the right moment to buy so as to get a big profit one day, greedy people always have a good tactic and certainly dare to take risks.

Clemcout

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:24:44 AM

I think that mentality would ruin cryptocurrencies. Even if we have control of our finances, greediness of others will take ours and I think that even in crypto, no investments are safe. Values are moving and that gives us no assured amount. I think people see crypto as  game in which if you do not win, you lose.
That saddens me a bit.
How being greedy will ruin cryptocurrencies ? Honestly I'm not getting point. For example, if you are turning greedy then you will holding bitcoins which will definitely increase the demand. It means bitcoin prices will go up. Then how it will ruin cryptocurrencies ?
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:27:49 AM

Yes, greedy but there are limits to them, while the market is falling, many fear and sell the coins to the market, but let's go upstream and buy in, hold the coins for long , I guarantee that you will be profitable if you are patient.
rez303

Activity: 338
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:34:43 AM

This statement is true only in certain cases. If in January 2018, Bitcoin prices drop and if we are greedy to buy Bitcoin while others fear to sell Bitcoin, I think this is a mistake. We should buy and sell according to the market trend

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:35:42 AM

I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.
Lol… you shouldn’t be greedy, neither should you be afraid… just cat normal. You might try to be greedy and that will be the time you will end up with losing your money. After last years’ bull run a lot of people especially those greedy investors, we’re complaining that they lost their money up to 50% and above that.

These are all those that were afraid of investing when price was low. So don’t be greedy and also don’t be panicking a lot. This is unpredictable and you can’t tell what will happen.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:36:16 AM

Agree with your comments. Sometimes we should see greed. There are a lot of people scared and selling Bitcoin and altcoin at very cheap rates because they think the price will drop even more. But I think they are foolish to have such thoughts

Am I spamming? Report me!
Smon

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:38:18 AM

Yes, I am always greedy when others are scared. Sometimes there is some negative news about Bitcoin and Bitcoin prices dropping. I will always buy when prices fall and just wait 1 or 2 days after the price will rise again, and that is when I make a profit from greed.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:15:05 AM

In the market that involve billions dollar, we should not panic with market condition if we already believe on our investment. I think Be Greedy when others are fearful is description about what whales do when small investor panic. Whales / big investor will buying good coin/ token on cheap price when many peoples start selling their coin because of negative news. We should always research when we hear about negative news and not panic in any circumstance

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1263

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 03:37:07 PM

Agree with your comments. Sometimes we should see greed. There are a lot of people scared and selling Bitcoin and altcoin at very cheap rates because they think the price will drop even more. But I think they are foolish to have such thoughts

I wont call them "foolish" because they are humans and they need money to run their families. They may need the money for any dire situation in real life and thus shorting the bitcoins for fiat asap. But then we have a large number of people who are holding on to their coins for months hoping to touch the 10k -20k USD mark in order to sell.

Yes, I am always greedy when others are scared. Sometimes there is some negative news about Bitcoin and Bitcoin prices dropping. I will always buy when prices fall and just wait 1 or 2 days after the price will rise again, and that is when I make a profit from greed.
LOL I wont say you make profit from greed. Its good to reinvest your profit and make money from it. You just need to enter the cycle of rise and fall at the correct time and soon you will be be making money from trading.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:24:50 PM

Buffet is a very clever and prominent person but it seems me tha the often has some inside information before making investing decisions but anyway I respect him very much. It seems me that he describes 2 stages of market. The first in is an oversold stage where you need to buy to reap some later and the second one is an overbought stage which is usually named as ephoria where you need to sell all your assets before a crash or a deep correction phase.
You must understand that there are different levels of inside information, inside information is not illegal in itself, so there is nothing wrong with what he or anyone is doing, in fact if you are a fundamental investor you want to have as much information as you can before making any kind of investment in a company, and with his reputation it is obvious to me that even if he forgot everything about how to invest he will still very successful since he will have trusted people to him giving him hot tips about which company to select to invest.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:47:58 PM

Warren Buffett seems to me that-that knows what we do not know.So you need to keep an eye on people like him.And if possible, learn to invest with them.I suppose I do not regret that I made some investments in the crypto currency.If I had a financial portfolio like Warren Buffett, I would multiply it in the crypto world at least 2 times.Warren Buffett hear me please Grin
alimatmo2019

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:58:44 PM

Greedy is to fair with one doing and not to be hold too much on  one is doing for the opportunity is not at one side adding fairness to one doing to be averagely doing it right and well
jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

Sometimes we need to be greedy. I remember that last year I sold Bitcoin for $ 4000 because I thought Bitcoin would never be able to raise $ 5000. And when the price of Bitcoin rose to $ 20,000 I was very sad because I was not greedy
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:25:59 PM

We should be greedy and fear the right time is the best method. If there is good news, then we should greed and buy more Bitcoin. If there is bad news for Bitcoin, then we have to sell Bitcoin and wait for Bitcoin to have the lowest price to buy

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Greed Dev

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

Everyone has their own investment choices. But most of the investors in this market are always greedy. The only newbie feels scared when prices start dropping. But I believe that once they know about the crypto market, they will certainly become greedy just like us

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

The crypto market is like a game. And we are the people who are gambling for money. Some people are greedy because they think they will win this game but some are scared because they think they will lose. The crypto market is only for people with cold heads and greed

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: