Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be greedy when others are fearful...  (Read 1425 times)
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:33:58 PM

I’m so agree with you. The quote is quite good but you surely mustn’t follow this advice without any thinking. Be careful, collect other people’s knowledges, behave according to your experience and you will get profit.

That's right and we should always stick to what we believe is right for us to get good profit. Accepting others suggestions is the best ways to absorb the knowledge they had, and don't just rely on it all alone but also explore and use it just for reference.
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:55:27 PM

I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.
This may apply to a certain situation but not to all. Sometimes you need a give and take relationship for you to gain. Just like the idea of buy and sell.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:24:40 AM

I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This is not applicable to all investment. Warren buffet is not speculating interms of investment. Cryptocurrency is different to other investment. If you want to buy bitcoin because you inspired of this quote actually dont rely on ones achievement make your own more effective and can get more income then share it to everyone.  Warren buffet understand what market makes and what actually can do in the long run.  Before follow others opinion do some research kn your own take it us 2nd opinion.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
Incodium Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:37:34 AM

Nothing beats good research and proper timing. Not doing what everyone else is doing isn't the issue, doing what you think is right is.

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
coinxwife

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:32:41 AM

Yes do an investment first at small amount and dont care if the market goes its craziness until when it does because someday somehow you might not notice how this fearful am i will be succeed too in the long run,.dont bother the deflation of prices because we cant really predict til when it goes up again so for your concern is to monitor and alert for the perfect timing.
pokang13

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:15:34 AM

This does not make sense at all.In reality, this happens.Greedy people take advantage of the ignorance of others.That is where scamming comes in.Greedy people don't succeed.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:04:56 AM

That's one of the major rule in the crypto market.
Once followed, it will help in mitigating your investment looses while increasing profitability.
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:48:38 AM

The crypto golden rule !
When others are panicingand dumping their digital assets at loss, that is the right time to bag those coins.
Then sell to them when the market recovers at a profit.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:21:26 PM

Being greedy when others are fearful means being able to take risks in spite of the very many uncertainties that surround you. Those who have the ability to take risks usually get the lion share of profit. This also applies to the cryptocurrency market but make sure u have a sound understanding of what u want to invest in before you do.
Yes you’re right, but you shouldn’t let that statement or quote blind you from the fact if you are doing anything at the wrong time you are bound to lose. So know what you are doing, we all know this is risky and of course the biggest risk takers are those that comes out with the lion share but that doesn’t mean you can just jump in at anytime and be expecting that you will make profit, sorry it’s not going to work out for you.
Some time people think about risk taker that they are greedy. May be it is true in some cases, but it is also a fact that those people who have taken risk made a lot of money. I do not think that it is right to consider them greedy.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:35:10 AM

-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.
Lol,  I don’t have any problem with being greedy when others are fearful, the main point is if you are doing that at the right time cause you might just end up being greedy at the wrong time and end up a big time loser.

And by the way,  greediness is a bad thing,  so let’s not use that word,  just say invest and be smart when others are being dumb,  that’s a better word than being greedy. So always try to do whatever you’re doing at the right time and don’t feel like you know everything, cause you might be making the worst mistake.
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:49:58 AM

I think when you become greedy like that it will give you a very high risk, you better not be too greedy and just follow the movements that do not take too much profit.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:56:37 AM

Being greedy is good if we want to make profits. In any market, all investor looking opportunity from any situation and when peoples fear about market condition, they tend to selling their asset with cheap price, and its good time to be greedy and buying good asset with cheap price
Astra2127

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

I think that mentality would ruin cryptocurrencies. Even if we have control of our finances, greediness of others will take ours and I think that even in crypto, no investments are safe. Values are moving and that gives us no assured amount. I think people see crypto as  game in which if you do not win, you lose.
That saddens me a bit.

Maybe the thought is about being "greedy" in a way that you are being greedy in your work especially with this industry and make efforts be worth it.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:06:12 PM

Eh, if these strategies worked we would all be millionaires ...
We forget that for other people we are the "others", and so - if they look at us as we look at them - what is created is only confusion.
Better to use smarter strategies.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:08:24 PM

It seems to me an excellent strategy, if you have reserve capital, you are not in a hurry to make money and in any case you can cover mistakes.
Otherwise, it's definitely too risky.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:39:09 PM

Being greedy is not always a good advice because there is too much harm than gain but still if played in a good tactic then it can also yield a lot of profit. I will say take some rest then others are feared but don't be too much pretty because that can put you in a pothole. If you invest heavily there is a chance that Bitcoin can fall even more and you cannot survive the damage but there is a lot of chances like 70 or 80% chances from me that Bitcoin is going to rise producer but still do not take the risk if you cannot afford to lose the coins
Darz299

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:21:09 AM

I think we should always stick to what we believe is right for us to get good profits. Many people feel panicked and sell their bitcoin at low prices and it is used by investors who bear to buy as much bitcoin as possible. I feel the greed they do it because to collect and save bitcoin when the price goes down. they don't want to spend that time removing their coins but to hoard them.
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:43:32 AM

-Warren Buffet

it will be different scenario if he pick up crypto. thing is most of the crypto trader are exclusive from stock market. 2 different game played by 2 different group of people. although many big whales already agree that crypto is a big pool for them to jump, sooner or later when all jump ship, he say different things.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:46:10 AM

When no body is investing i.e. others are fearful; which will be resulting in cheap prices.  Bitcoin / altcoins available at cheap prices.  For a long term investor it is the best time to buy.  Just hold and watch.  Keep patience.  
But the conditions is patience and funds should be surplus.  Wait for couple of months.  When positive trend will start there will be a crown then trying to climb the hill where you are already sitting with reserved seat.
becak mesin

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:49:14 AM

I think being greedy is not good thing or character. Becoming rich is not caused of greedy, we should be work hard and do much effort to reach whatever we wish but not become a greedy man. The most important things to reach the dreams are aims and effort. In crypto, being greedy will cause a panic when  our wish not reached. Therefore, we must stay calm and enjoy with our jobs.

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: