Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:22:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all that take part in KYC  (Read 138 times)
juljon18 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:33:46 PM

I ask you to please stop participating and sending in your personal documents to participate in airdrops/bounties/ICO's requiring KYC.  We have an amazing technology that is being presented to us but under the wrong circumstances can be used against us.  If the governments attach us to our blockchain address you will now have every transaction being monitored by the authorities.  Even buying a cup of lemon aid from the neighborhood kid will be taxed.  This will usher in the next era of enslavement as we will be tax donkeys for the elite. 

This is in addition to the fact that once you scan and send your documents online they are forever waiting for the next hacker to come along and assume your identity. 

If you don't want to say no to KYC for yourself do it for the rest of us.  Sending in documentation entire defeats the purpose of crypto.
FrosyaBulatova

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:49:24 PM

Thanks for the message, very informative. I did not trust bounty companies and airdrop, which require the passage of KYC. And after Your message I will not participate in them at all.
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:54:28 PM

I always knew that KYC is evil. Not when I did not send documents to the Internet. Thanks to the author for the informative post. I think many after reading will reflect. It's better to lose $ 300 and not get caught cheaters. KYC is worn out by investors, but when asked with hunters, it's already too much.
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:57:56 PM

I ask you to please stop participating and sending in your personal documents to participate in airdrops/bounties/ICO's requiring KYC.  We have an amazing technology that is being presented to us but under the wrong circumstances can be used against us.  If the governments attach us to our blockchain address you will now have every transaction being monitored by the authorities.  Even buying a cup of lemon aid from the neighborhood kid will be taxed.  This will usher in the next era of enslavement as we will be tax donkeys for the elite. 

This is in addition to the fact that once you scan and send your documents online they are forever waiting for the next hacker to come along and assume your identity. 

If you don't want to say no to KYC for yourself do it for the rest of us.  Sending in documentation entire defeats the purpose of crypto.

I strongly agree with you, the most annoying part is that some airdrop that are worth nothing will still be requesting for KYC? For what? and why?. I think it is time the community stand up against this holiest act

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:59:28 PM

You got a point but I will not agree to it 100%.
First of all, KYC/AML is not in opposition to crypto, in a way it also helps the crypto space to stay genuine and not to become a place where people holding black money to launder it in projects.
KYC in the ICO is mostly used for AML (Anti Money Laundry), as a Project you do not want to help criminals who want to dump there black money in your project, you need to be sure about from where the money is coming for investment purposes in your project. This is very important when it comes to legitimate businesses.

Its just the matter of fact of viewing the perspective, many people do not like the concept, and yes when the ICOs are scams and you are giving your KYC you are literally putting your identity on risk. So make sure about the project to whome you are handling out your KYC documents.
Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:03:30 PM

This is highly an educative thread. Looking at it deeply, KYC vitiates the decentral purpose of cryptos really because every thing about it , is suppose not to be disclosed to a third party .

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:04:30 PM

This is an eye opener to dangers of kyc.  I agree with you.  But what's the way forward on exchange sites that request kyc for you to trade? Or should we start to preach and promote decentralized exchanges.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:08:28 PM

Thank you for your useful information and warnings when participating in the KYC bounty campaign. I also found that KYC for bounty is superfluous and unnecessary because the total number of bounty Token only accounts for less than 4% of total supply Token. And KYC will unknowingly disclose personal information, which will not be good for the bounty themselves later on.
tanveer01

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:13:19 PM

This is it man! really a very good or informative news this is, i really fed up with this KYC procedure, especially from airdrops. Everytime when i shared by personal documents, i feel something risky. But i can't do anything, because if i did not fill it, i didn't get my hardwork payment in altcoins. I'm just waiting for that type of news and i get it! Now i never participate in any KYC forms.
Quesito

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:13:43 PM

I am anti KYC also,I don't want to share my personal information to the Internet or in the crypto to prevent problems in the future.It is better to keep an identity here for safety purposes.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:17:29 PM

I don't have problem if government will taxed my income since it is our duty to help the government in developing the our country.

This is what i am afraid for, my identity is being used or the instrument used by hackers to be used in illegal activities. I hope everybody here will realize the negative effect of KYC and stop asking for it.
miracle24

Activity: 309

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 10:18:45 PM

I don't really know how we are going to go about that in this era that kyc is needed to participate in any ICO. But I do understand your point. All we need to do is be careful.
Thanks for the info.
srcnckr

Activity: 244

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:21:48 PM

I don't have problem if government will taxed my income since it is our duty to help the government in developing the our country.

This is what i am afraid for, my identity is being used or the instrument used by hackers to be used in illegal activities. I hope everybody here will realize the negative effect of KYC and stop asking for it.

KYC is being used a lot in ICO investment and partly in bounty campaigns. I think it is necessary to request KYC for ICO investment, but in bounty campaigns, this requirement should be dropped because bounty hunters do not have enough coins to influence the value of the bounty on the market.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:23:26 PM

I quite agree with this thoughtful statement of yours, we really need to play safe but the most unfortunate part of the issue is that most bounty campaign do not inform participant of kyc exercise at the beginning but rather at the end when people have invested their time and energy for the promotion of their project. Participants say those who participated in signature woukd have no choice than to fulfill the kyc requirement in other to get their reward which are most times huge.
bebeb17

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:25:12 PM

I also did not participate in the bounty asking for KYC. I am afraid my identity will be misused and we do not know the consequences we will receive later. I think using KYC is inappropriate for a crypto because we are just doing bounty work on the basis of our own volition and it does not harm us. We do not use capital and we should not be afraid of losing it.
marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:29:23 PM

Well personally, i feel the pain you are going through and will wish to still say it though i disagree with some of your points. KYC for most especially airdrop is total nonsense. Its terrible to send your passport of other ID to some one over few tokens which are less than 50usd and upon hitting exchanges at this time becomes nothing more than 5usd or even worth nothing at its worst. But kyc has helped since its introduction. The current trend was not forsaw years ago but we are having a hybrid of centralized and decentralized services and applications of the blockchain technology.

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

I ask you to please stop participating and sending in your personal documents to participate in airdrops/bounties/ICO's requiring KYC.  We have an amazing technology that is being presented to us but under the wrong circumstances can be used against us.  If the governments attach us to our blockchain address you will now have every transaction being monitored by the authorities.  Even buying a cup of lemon aid from the neighborhood kid will be taxed.  This will usher in the next era of enslavement as we will be tax donkeys for the elite.  

If you don't want to say no to KYC for yourself do it for the rest of us.  Sending in documentation entire defeats the purpose of crypto.
If all of the exchange sites will try to implement KYC and AML verification and then can you avoid it? You should never use centralized exchange site for that even your coin is traded on there and is it better to avoid that? Even you don't wanna give your documents to the authority and then that means nothing to them. If japan was banning all those centralized exchange to trade anonymous coin and then they can't do anything rather following the rules from the regulators.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:31:14 PM

I agree with you but unfortunately if you have done for example a bounty  campaign for more than 3 months and at the end they require KYC and you won't do you have simply lost a lot of time.....
freya louis

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:48:49 PM

I am very interested in your post. We have to be careful of the bounty that asks for KYC. Because our original identity can be misused by irresponsible parties. Although we will get a big paycheck, we must protect ourselves from all forms of crime.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:11:03 PM

It never come through my mind to consider investing on ICOs that have KYC. First of all when you send personal information to those ICO companies, there are no guarantee that they will not leak those infromation or sell it and what if we made a mistake sending personal information on an ICO scam, that's a bigger problem. But I understand why other ICOs are implementing KYC, it is because of the rules implemented by the country of their origin and they have no choice but to follow or else they will not be able to do a legal crowd funding. About the tax that you are saying, not all countries have that tax rules on cryptocurrency, in my country there are still no tax for cryptocurrency gains.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: