Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:15:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price and altcoin price  (Read 549 times)
rash123 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:01:26 AM

These days bitcoin price is increasing. Now btc price is around 8400$. But altcoin prices are not increasing. Is not altcoin price depend on the btc price?
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

Altcoin price is paired with Bitcoins but not necessary depending on bitcoins. Most altcoin prices are determined by the demand and supply of the product and services they stand for and might not have anything in common with the price of bitcoin.
spazie

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:16:28 AM

I think bitcoin prices do have an effect on altcoin prices, but the real thing that determines those prices is the coin holders themselves.
Hopeman1

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:21:49 AM

I think this is the beginning of a bull market,If you look closely at the historical K diagram, you will find that when the real bull market comes, bitcoin will rise first, while altcoin will rise later.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:25:57 AM

no they have never depended on bitcoin price.

unfortunately this year as the altcoin dumps coincided with bitcoin price drop people started thinking that altcoins must follow bitcoin everywhere but the truth is altcoins only follow the drop other than that they are only moving based on their own pump and dumps.

and right now because altcoins have been severely pumped they are continuing their dumping period until they reach a reasonable price (aka bottom) and get ready to get pumped a gain and that can take a couple of months.

Only Bitcoin
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:30:03 AM

These days bitcoin price is increasing. Now btc price is around 8400$. But altcoin prices are not increasing. Is not altcoin price depend on the btc price?
It is not like every altcoin is related with the price pumps and dumps but as the market of BTC is recovering many popular altcoins like ETH are also experiencing a growth in the value. This does not imply that every time bitcoin will raise the prices of altcoins will also it takes time of the effect to show on the exchange but it affects very crypto in the market.
brijeshmota

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:32:35 AM

The price of altcoin is depend on demand and now demand of altcoin is decreases.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:36:37 AM

Its biggest misconception that both of them are dependent over each other. They always had either indirect proportional growth to each other or no relation at all. I am mentioning indirect because most of the time it happens that whenever bitcoin goes up then altcoins either go down or halt their progress. There is simple reason behind that, "sell off for btc from alts!" People often do it so that they can get into BTC and try to profit their. Eventually this calls for the dropped values in the altcoins. I hope that simply explains your question.
mattnguyen

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:43:22 AM

It could also be that alt holders are liquidating to btc. I dont think there's indication that new money is entering the market.
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:52:11 AM

Just think this way, if all crypto-enthusiast will be using altcoins to buy Bitcoin continuously, altcoin will slightly move down or at least stay on a current state and Bitcoin will move up, and vice-versa. After Bitcoin's rally, some investor will now use Bitcoin to buy some altcoin.

Still, just my own opinion.
paulparkker

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:54:34 AM

Nowadays both coin are perfome good and altcoin price is ($22.56) and bitcoin price is (8,409 usd).
nickwen

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:21:21 AM

I think the price of the altcoin is still dependent on Bitcoin prices, but the market trend has changed completely in July, when Bitcoin prices increase, the price of altcoin will also increase. But now Bitcoin prices are rising and altcoin prices are fall
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:22:05 AM

In the previous months, for every btc increase, altcoins continued to follow btc to increase however this time it is very much different since the increase in btc has not affected the price of altcoins. In my views, ma ny people preferred to hold their altcoins and some perhaps were being sold in effect there is more supply in altcoins with less demand. People are now shifting to buy btc since it is now increasing progressively in which case, more profit is expected to earn once invested in btc.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
FarSeeR_H

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:31:57 AM

As far as i remember at first its bitcoin that raise at first and when it got stable, altcoin start to go high...
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:37:25 AM

In my opinion its because of the ETF that is being presented in the Congress thats why people are speculating that it might get approved thus demand is increasing for bitcoin while altcoins are not included in the ETF.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:45:03 AM

When bitcoin price increase altcoins price do increase however they are time when bitcoin do keep them behind especially when dollars are flowing into cryptocurrencies market.  Therefore , we are going to see the multiplier infect very soon and fund are going to flow from bitcoin to altcoins market. 
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:51:46 AM

They don't always move together. Sometimes they do, which can be a sign that new money is flooding into all areas of the market, or it can just be a consequence of BTC trading pairs - i.e., if a coin is trading at 0.1 BTC, and the BTC dollar price increases, then it is likely that coin will still trade at 0.1 BTC, so effectively its dollar price also increase.

Sometimes BTC goes up and alts go down... which means there is a lot of people buying BTC and a lot of people selling alts - so generally these will be the same people, i.e. they are selling their alts for BTC. This sometimes happens at the start of a bull run, with BTC leading the way, and later on when BTC stops increasing people sell BTC and buy back alts, causing alt prices to rise.

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:56:12 AM

no, that is a very common mistake that people make mainly because during bitcoin drops all the altcoins without any hesitations drop too. but the thing is the relationship is not there! the altcoins also drop when bitcoin rises so you can't really make up any rules for that.

this is why i always suggest that newcomers first spend a lot of time analyzing the history of at least 2 years before starting to jump in the market and invest.
you first need to know these patterns and relationships so that you can make better decisions. for example knowing altcoins will drop during bitcoin rises you sell your altcoins as soon as you see bitcoin rally starting up to prevent your loss.

--looking for signature--
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:35:07 AM

It just only rumour. Back then altcoin price even will be lower when bitcoin price rising. But actually if you look at some exchanges, almost all altcoins are also rising atm.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

They are paired with bitcoin but it doesn't mean that it will depend on the price of it.

I saw some news last week maybe that there are some new money coming from investors and they are investing in BTC and there is no money that has been invested into altcoins and this is the reason why alts are not increasing. Maybe this is true or some will say it is not.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: