Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:12:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY CRYPTOCURRENCY PROGRESS MOVE SLOW IN AFRICA? AND WHAT TO DO TO HELP AFRICANS  (Read 1789 times)
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:10:08 AM

Hello, as we both knwo that cryptocurrency ius future payment solution in the world thoughthere is some bariers from differenct states and goverments but the reality still there.
Example we can see proress in some europeans countries having ATM machins where users can withdraw bitcoin and other altcoins there by using their ATM crds, also they can pay by using cryptocyurrency in different placess like supermarkets but also they can make online purchase with cryptocurrencies.

SO..
 WHY WE DONT SEE THESE THINGS IN AFRICA TOO??

WHATS  TO DO TO HELP AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO ADOPT THESE CHANGES?

Well maybe as of this moment they are still coping om the problems left to them such as the poverty, poor economy and such, bitcoin may not be there priority as of today. But if there government will do something in order to lessen poverty, make their economy grow well they should start accepting bitcoin. Poor countries, continents have their issues tondeal with therefore they must settle it first before entering into something, but maybe with the help of bitcoin they can risw and grow together with the western countries. Hoping for there government right evaluation in terms of finances and they may consider bitcoin.

bond07

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:42:45 PM

The people of Africa, are severely underdeveloped, suffering from basic necessities like food and shelter in life. This is their biggest concerns, that is keeping them behind, in comparison to the rest of the world.If these primary needs get fulfilled they will from  then on, divert their minds elsewhere like knowing the crypto market. Although Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Senegal are  a few that have gotten out and discovered the medium and momentum of this highly potential platform of the cryptos.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:53:33 PM

The people of Africa, are severely underdeveloped, suffering from basic necessities like food and shelter in life.

There are hundreds of millions of Africans who live perfectly normal lives that people elsewhere would recognise as pretty much the same.

In developed countries people buy cryptocurrencies. Places like Africa will be transformed by people earning them. To enable that they need to develop the skills and products that can be marketed elsewhere. In this day and age no one cares where someone's located if they're recruiting them for a task.

Education will be the key to advancing.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:02:10 PM

Hello, as we both knwo that cryptocurrency ius future payment solution in the world thoughthere is some bariers from differenct states and goverments but the reality still there.
Example we can see proress in some europeans countries having ATM machins where users can withdraw bitcoin and other altcoins there by using their ATM crds, also they can pay by using cryptocyurrency in different placess like supermarkets but also they can make online purchase with cryptocurrencies.

SO..

Bitcoin is difficult system to understand even for educated people. Africa is suffering from undereducated population which makes it really difficult to locals to grasp the idea of crypto
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:26:52 PM

They have many citizens already into the use of crypto in African countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe etc but their government is not supportive as they see it as ponzi scheme. Kenya recently have btc ATM.

You are very correct, individuals in Africa have the knowledge of cryptocurrency and have invested in Bitcoin and alternative coins. Go through youtube, you will see video of so many African people talking about cryptocurrency. The ATM for bitcoin will become popular when the Government legalized cryptocurrency in the African countries.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

African countries are well under the poverty level and most of their governments are charged with cases of corruption. People their needs to get their basic rights fulfilled in order to think about cryptocurrencies. However, countries like Zimbabwe and South Africa has recently made notable advancements in this sector. Hopefully, others will be able to eradicate poverty soon.
It's not only them that has this problem but many other countries as well.

But it seems that there are countries who are doing it the right thing of adopting cryptocurrencies. Also there are some needs to help them understand what cryptocurrencies are.

And another problem is not most of them are literate to computers, gadgets and technology.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:48:27 PM

Human beings must have their basic need like food, safety, house first. And then they need education, electricity, transportation system, internet. Then they have the luxury to have some crypto currency.
Not only in Africa there is a lot of part in the world(more than 70% maybe) people are lacking their basic need. We must not expect that they will start using crypto currency out of nowhere.

Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:58:30 PM

SO..

i'm not degrading any Africans or the Africa itself but as you can see, It is common in almost every family in Africa are  living in poverty meaning they are lack in basic needs and can't afford luxurious things, let alone afford internet connection. We knowing that they don't have internet connection can't expect them to be involved in crypto currency where you need internet.

Heidim

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:00:46 PM

SO..

Being that I am from South Africa... there is tooo much greed and corruption in all of Africa. I did read an article about some sort of south african crypto currency but  NEVER EVER EVER WILL I INVEST IN THAT. Because the poor will get poorer and the greedy will get greedier...
Tulanpa

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:01:28 PM

I don't think crypto is moving slowly in Africa and if it is, it will depend on d area in Africa. Like our country the turn out is increasing day in day out.
green_fish

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:38:50 PM

Because African countries are poor, many countries are suffering from hunger and disease! The economic performance of African countries is still mostly down.
Their network resources are scarce, so the progress of cryptocurrency in Africa is very slow!
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:07:54 AM

I agreed to the fact that cryptos progress in African is slow however it is a well established fact that south africa, Nigeria, Kenya and some other countries had already been using bitcoin and other cryptos by their citizens also a bitcoin ATM machine was recently installed in Kenya I belief cryptos markets will gradually penetrates into african countries in some years ahead.
Rangerman

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:09:35 PM

Most of the countries in Africa are struggling with their poverty. They still don’t get the touch of technologies. That’s why the progress is slow there and I don’t think we can help them at all. May be one day the situation will be changed
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:23:44 PM

SO..

Africa is a continent wherein almost all countries are considered third world countries. Poverty is very high and many people are suffering from hunger with no homes and food to eat. The high incidence rate of poverty shows that it will be hard for Africa to progress very fast compared to other developed countries. But I believe in time, cryptocurrency will slowly mainstream into Africa step by step.

well, here's the most appropriate answer from the OP question. the almost poverty-stricken factors in African countries that slow down technological developments, such as civil war and famine alone are in desperate need of help from countries outside of Africa.
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:32:03 PM

Everything takes time especially things like this. Generally Crypto adoption is just growing day by day and in Africa its still at the infant stage. Only few has embraced the revolution and moving with it. We have to give it time, but a thing that can help to speed it up is Crypto awareness, hosting blockchain conferences here and seminars to orientate people and the environs.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:44:16 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 08:07:28 PM by 9jaflick

It's no longer new news that Africa continent always comes last whenever it comes to embracing new Technology.
Cryptocurrency has been in existence for quite some time now and Africans are yet to embrace it, we have just few of them here, while others are still lagging behind.
One big problem Africans are facing is the issue of ignorance, 90% still sees Crypto as a scam/ponzi of time.
 just the other day, I saw a post on instagram where some Nigerians dudes were saying investing in bitcoin is just like investing your money in MMM. They are full of ignorance and it's destroying them and their economics.

Edited
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:47:58 PM

SO..

Everything is slow in africa, they are behind in a lot of things. So why would it be any different in the crypto space/
Deewhy50
Copper Member

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 10:00:23 PM

The lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency is one of the major problem that is making crytopcurrncy to move slow in Africa, people don't know more about it and scared to invest in it not to loss their mney.
So I think if there can be a multimedia way of enlighting people in Africa about cryptocurrency,  it will be nice. 

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:00:39 PM

I am an African, Nigeria to be precise. A very bad economy occasioned by my half-educated president made me lose interest in a physical business because inflation reduced my ability to survive in my business, forcing me to close down two of my start-up business and moving to open another to avoid being jobless.
Up till now, my Central Bank governor knows the truth that Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme but he still went ahead to declare it was a Ponzi scheme, but himself and other of his colleagues are secretly buying and trading bitcoin. We just realize we have voted a Scam into power.
The problem of Africa is Nigeria and problem of Nigeria is the uneducated Northerners "Hausa/Fulani" always been aided to power by the British government so they could control our economy to their selfish gain. My government is just not sincere.
tailor.and

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:04:01 AM

Some country still away from cryptocurrency, because they aren’t able to adopt cryptocurrency. There are many factor has behind these. Digitalization is most important factor. If any country develop this factor cryptocurrency will be acceptable for these.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: