Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep all your bounty coins or you convert some to ETH and BTC?  (Read 869 times)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:22:58 AM

Coins like BTC and ETH have proven beyond reasonable doubts that they are the best and more safer coins to invest. My little advice is that, whenever you get your altcoins, it would be better to convert at least one third to either BTC or ETH to serve as some form of insurance to your tokens in case it fails to survive. I used to keep all my altcoins and now that the market is red it has badly affected my investment. And mind you, those new altcoins are not like BTC and ETH, they can get zero volume anytime so they are not reliable. Is there any other person with a different view or everybody agrees with me?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:25:32 AM

I sell them and exchange to my country money immediately when i receive them.

Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:28:28 AM

I changed all my tokens into BTC because I believe in the future of BTC.
The BTC is still worth investing in because there are a lot of institutional investors looking at it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
bit..what?

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:30:19 AM

If i believe in a project i will keep the tokens. I'll probably trade everything else in btc and eth.
I also believe btc and eth are safer than most tokens on the market.
Thats why i agree with you.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:31:54 AM

Most times i sell them and exchange for fiat, but recently i have learned a new skill

i sell them, buy back same quantity at cheap cost and then i convert the profit to fiat and enjoy the profit and both the investment for another of pump
Thats the sequence that has to be followed.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:43:21 AM

Most times i sell them and exchange for fiat, but recently i have learned a new skill

i sell them, buy back same quantity at cheap cost and then i convert the profit to fiat and enjoy the profit and both the investment for another of pump
I think i like your strategy and would love to buy into it. But my question is, what are you going to do in case that particular coin never drop down below the price you sold at first?

runor

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:00:04 PM

No.  I do not do that.  All the coins that I receive, I leave them and wait until they grow up!
Appiah95

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:44:31 PM

I am new here and i just started participating in content  campaign so am yet to receive any coins. But if i get them, i think i ll convert some and keep some as you are saying

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:54:26 PM

Coins like BTC and ETH have proven beyond reasonable doubts that they are the best and more safer coins to invest. My little advice is that, whenever you get your altcoins, it would be better to convert at least one third to either BTC or ETH to serve as some form of insurance to your tokens in case it fails to survive. I used to keep all my altcoins and now that the market is red it has badly affected my investment. And mind you, those new altcoins are not like BTC and ETH, they can get zero volume anytime so they are not reliable. Is there any other person with a different view or everybody agrees with me?
Yes. will sell them all as they were listed at the first exchange. I'm not interested in any new tokens so I will never hold them
invo

Activity: 535
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:15:44 PM

I agree, but there are some people like me, who actually converted all altcoins received into btc or eth, but most likely I converted my altcoins to bitcoin, I prefer holding it than ethereum.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 11:28:12 AM

As i got the bounty coins i tried to convert those in other some reliable coins, if the bounty is good then i like to keep the coins as it is, every bounty coins are not long term hold coins  so it is better to exchange them with BTC etc.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
ResuLT

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:29:46 AM

Definitely convert it if it worth more than I can expect because bounty coins is not easily predictable and trackable since I knew that bounty hunters will just selling right away once hit exchange.
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:33:38 AM

I think i like your strategy and would love to buy into it. But my question is, what are you going to do in case that particular coin never drop down below the price you sold at first?
And then the only possibility for you to move into another coin if that will never go back to that price and it will be wasting a lot of time.  There are dozens of altcoin that you can try to choose one that makes you feel interested in it.

that situation has already happened in my life and that's the only choice for you.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:36:52 AM

With the rampant cases of tokens going below their ICO price after listing on an exchange, it's only wise to keep some and sell some. You could decide to keep a lot and the value goes totally down making you lose value for the time invested in acquiring the tokens.
FreddySelvig

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:40:37 AM

It depends on the price that will be on the market. If she completely suits me, then I will sell all the coins, and if not then I will keep everything. I participate in those projects where I am sure and if the price does not suit me now, then I better wait. Personally, I did not have such experience that my coins were almost completely devalued.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:41:50 AM

The other bounty I received was immediately replaced by Ethereum or BTC especially when its price was low. It will be accumulated until I accumulate a lot of bitcoin and ethereum. Because I know that in the months or years the price will increase and I can recover from all my losses.
DogmaF10

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:45:21 AM

Of course hodl it.. new released coins wont be high in price, especially after bounty hunters do mass dumping. I think it just not worth the effort if you sell those coins immediately. When their prices goes up again, then we can consider to sell it..
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:48:02 AM

There are just some coins I support that is worth keeping though which is why I didn't try to convert it to ETH or BTC. I'm more of ETH whcih I'm confident to be one of the best to invest with. When you see some project that is very much supported by certain community, you stick to it because you will have more profit than just having few coins. I certainly prefer to have at least 10K MDX than 16ETH, that is precisely no contest.

Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:49:33 AM

I try to sell right away when I feel that the price is at its maximum. So at any moment the token can depreciate and the earnings will be 0.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

Your idea is good. This is the right advice for diversifying your risks. Bitcoin and Ethereum are indeed the most stable and popular coins relative to the rest.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: