Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HARDWARE WALLETS: WHAT IS IT FOR?  (Read 345 times)
dupee419 (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:40:08 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 09:54:13 PM by dupee419
Merited by qwk (1)

Giving you additional information on what you need to know, probably most of you out there have heard about a HARDWARE WALLET before, and I think I can help you out with some information you may need and why you should buy yourselves a hardware wallet.

WHY SHOULD I BUY A HARDWARE WALLET?
Probably most of us are using software wallets; Coinbase, Electrum, Bitpay, Jaxx, and etc. I'm not totally saying that you should spend some money and buy a hardware wallet, In my own opinion, I do think that software wallets will give you security in keeping your bitcoins (or whatever that you are holding), but I don't think it will be enough for you to keep it without getting robbed, it is not HACK-PROOF, which means you cannot assure yourself that it won't get hacked, numerous people have been robbed through their software wallets, and some people have lost everything in just a glimpse, you can search from it on the web, google, bing, or the search engine that you'd prefer, go there and search for cases about BTC, and it actually has numerous cases of people getting robbed from their software wallet.

WHY SHOULD YOU BUY A HARDWARE WALLET?
Hardware wallets are indeed one of the best but there, hardware wallets can keep you safe and will take your holding even if you are not online, keys are extremely secured, hardware wallets may seem to cost you, but you should consider it despite that it will give you extra security, a lot of my friends actually own a hardware wallet and ever since they bought one, they never complained to me, it's hassle free, and you won't be worried about your holdings, since you'll be the one who's responsible about your hardware wallet. Now there are youtube videos and these hardware wallets' official websites, I highly recommend you guys try it out, here are one of the most knowned and trusted hardware wallets out of all.

Ledger Nano S: www.ledgerwallet.com
Trezor: www.trezor.io
KeepKey: www.keepkey.com

These hardware wallets are one of my most prerferrable wallets as of now, watch some youtube videos and see for yourself!

THANK YOU! FEEL FREE TO REPLY AND GIVE YOUR OWN INSIGHTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT HARDWARE WALLETS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoscion

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:22:52 PM

I am in the favor of Hardware wallet because online wallet is hackable many exchanges already hacked, if we are using 2FA security than this will be help but we know online things can be hackable and hardware wallet is more secured because we can store our cryptocurrencies and access via Private keys
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:46:34 PM

I agreed to using a hardware wallet for security. By spending less than $100, I am able to secure my coins that cost much more, so why not? It is a good investment.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

Also, take note that even though you're using a hardware wallet, the security is pretty useless if you save your recovery seed on dumb places like on a .txt file or on your phone's notes app. Yes, people actually do this.

Ledger Nano S: www.ledgerwallert.co.

You got a typo my dude. www.ledgerwallet.com

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SexForCryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

Also, take note that even though you're using a hardware wallet, the security is pretty useless if you save your recovery seed on dumb places like on a .txt file or on your phone's notes app. Yes, people actually do this.

Some people hear that a hardwallet will protect their assets not matter what stupid thing they will do. I just like someone putting money in his bank and then giving away blank checks, believing that his money is anyway "protected by the bank".

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  Ico.Rasputinmansion.Com  [  ICO is L I V E ! 
Vivif

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:05:11 PM

-saving money / cryptocurrency in exchange prone to hacking cases (like mt. gox).
-saving money / cryptocurrency in online wallet (coinbase, jaxx and etc) prone to phishing and theft of funds.

So, there is no safe place other than Hardware wallet.

I use Trezor  Grin
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:49:29 PM

Hardware Wallet have some advantages of its own and some always prefer it over software wallets. Software wallets are online based wallets while hardware wallets are physical drives in form of USB stick which can be touched and feel. Too many hacks happens on software wallets and some of them leaves the whole security for you to handle such as keeping your private keys safely. With hardware wallets it's just a plug and play device and you are good.
dupee419 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:53:43 PM

Thank you, did not notice that up until now   Cheesy
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:31:37 PM

I prefer ledger wallet over other hardware wallets because it is pretty cheap and also comes in different easy to use version. Also ledger support much more altcoins along with bitcoin compared to trezor and keepkey.

Trezor is pretty expensive but i think its the first bitcoin hardware wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:48:38 PM

Good article as you presented to suggest people not only newbie for more safe storing the crypto asset by the hardware wallet, other wallet is good also but very risky for hacking.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:43:57 AM
Merited by BitcoinNewbie15 (1)

I prefer ledger wallet over other hardware wallets because it is pretty cheap and also comes in different easy to use version. Also ledger support much more altcoins along with bitcoin compared to trezor and keepkey.

Though I definitely prefer the Ledger Nano S with the same reason as you stated, along with ledger looking like a traditional flash drive compared to Trezor's toy-like look.

Actually the first hardware wallet(if you would call it a hardware wallet) is the open dime. Technically a hardware wallet but I don't think it was made mainly as a cold storage.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hongxh

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:54:02 AM

I believe it is worth having a hardware wallet even the asset is below $100. Who know one day it could turn to millions. Dream can come true.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:08:10 AM

Though I definitely prefer the Ledger Nano S with the same reason as you stated, along with ledger looking like a traditional flash drive compared to Trezor's toy-like look.

I never noticed trezors look like toys before... You may have inadvertently ruined the way I look at trezors now. You are correct, now it does look like a toy to me. I may get a Ledger Nano S instead, does seem more elegant.

I just have more trust with Trezor though because it's been around so long. I stepped away from crypto probably the same time the nano S came out, so I wasn't around to see it come out and hear the community talk about it. I personally feel like I trust Trezor more because it's been around longer... But you are right, it looks like a cheap child's toy. I don't know too much about the ledger, so I will need to look into it. I do like the look of the Nano S over Trezor now that you mention it.

Actually the first hardware wallet(if you would call it a hardware wallet) is the open dime. Technically a hardware wallet but I don't think it was made mainly as a cold storage.

Ah, this is interesting. I too was always under the impression that Trezor was the first hardware wallet. I have never heard of open dime before. This is an interesting piece of Bitcoin trivia, thanks for sharing!
deafmaster

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:10:15 AM

thank you for sharing this very helpful information.
Tamron Alps

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:24:18 AM

A Bitcoin Hardware wallet is another form of cold storage just like a paper wallet as the Bitcoins are stored offline. upcoming ico oix.li With the USB method the transaction is sent to the now connected offline device signed - sent back to the wallet and then fed into the Bitcoin network and its myriad of notes for verification and inclusion in the blockchain.
mk4
Legendary

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:58:06 AM

I never noticed trezors look like toys before... You may have inadvertently ruined the way I look at trezors now. You are correct, now it does look like a toy to me. I may get a Ledger Nano S instead, does seem more elegant.

I just have more trust with Trezor though because it's been around so long. I stepped away from crypto probably the same time the nano S came out, so I wasn't around to see it come out and hear the community talk about it. I personally feel like I trust Trezor more because it's been around longer... But you are right, it looks like a cheap child's toy. I don't know too much about the ledger, so I will need to look into it. I do like the look of the Nano S over Trezor now that you mention it.

Hey don't get me wrong. Trezor is also a good device with probably decent physical quality. I just think that if ever someone sees my Ledger wallet, they would just think of it as probably a typical flash drive. I personally just prefer people not knowing that I own cryptocurrencies(I definitely don't want some guy to threaten me to expose my recovery seed).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:01:19 AM

Giving you additional information on what you need to know, probably most of you out there have heard about a HARDWARE WALLET before, and I think I can help you out with some information you may need and why you should buy yourselves a hardware wallet.

WHY SHOULD I BUY A HARDWARE WALLET?
Probably most of us are using software wallets; Coinbase, Electrum, Bitpay, Jaxx, and etc. I'm not totally saying that you should spend some money and buy a hardware wallet, In my own opinion, I do think that software wallets will give you security in keeping your bitcoins (or whatever that you are holding), but I don't think it will be enough for you to keep it without getting robbed, it is not HACK-PROOF, which means you cannot assure yourself that it won't get hacked, numerous people have been robbed through their software wallets, and some people have lost everything in just a glimpse, you can search from it on the web, google, bing, or the search engine that you'd prefer, go there and search for cases about BTC, and it actually has numerous cases of people getting robbed from their software wallet.

WHY SHOULD YOU BUY A HARDWARE WALLET?
Hardware wallets are indeed one of the best but there, hardware wallets can keep you safe and will take your holding even if you are not online, keys are extremely secured, hardware wallets may seem to cost you, but you should consider it despite that it will give you extra security, a lot of my friends actually own a hardware wallet and ever since they bought one, they never complained to me, it's hassle free, and you won't be worried about your holdings, since you'll be the one who's responsible about your hardware wallet. Now there are youtube videos and these hardware wallets' official websites, I highly recommend you guys try it out, here are one of the most knowned and trusted hardware wallets out of all.

Ledger Nano S: www.ledgerwallet.com
Trezor: www.trezor.io
KeepKey: www.keepkey.com

These hardware wallets are one of my most prerferrable wallets as of now, watch some youtube videos and see for yourself!

THANK YOU! FEEL FREE TO REPLY AND GIVE YOUR OWN INSIGHTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT HARDWARE WALLETS.

I think hardware bitcoin wallet is the most secure bitcoin wallet because it is dependent from internet, like a cold wallet. I prefer ledger wallet because it is not too expensive and very popular.
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:04:20 AM

Nice article mate, It will be helpful for the newcomers.
dupee419 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:31:43 AM

Nice article mate, It will be helpful for the newcomers.

Thank you very much.
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

Hardware wallets are essential in cryptocurrency because it offers security and protection to one's wallet. I prefer hardware wallet just because they are cheap and come in different types.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: