Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HARDWARE WALLETS: WHAT IS IT FOR?  (Read 346 times)
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:47:21 AM

I am in the favor of Hardware wallet because online wallet is hackable many exchanges already hacked, if we are using 2FA security than this will be help but we know online things can be hackable and hardware wallet is more secured because we can store our cryptocurrencies and access via Private keys

This is true and as we speak there are many hackers who try to get in in exchanges and get into online wallets to as cryptocurrency with its emerging market does have many money circulating in it and having extra security by using hardware wallet is just a needed thing for us, all we just need to do is to make it safe as it can be easily misplaced because these hardware wallets is just the size of a regular USB.
bontkoli01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:35:04 AM

A hardware wallet is just the opposite of a software wallet. It'll come with the added security of prevention from getting hacked. But this is not a must, if you already have a good upgraded e wallet in the first place.
SafeCamel95

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:04:52 PM

I have been using Trezor and I can assure that hardware wallets are the best way out there to secure and store your cryptos. It might be a bit costly but it's better to spend some cash on securing your cryptos than getting hacked and losing all the hard earned coins forever. Last but not the least, hardware wallets are really simple and offers ease of use to its users.
Bromote

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:08:35 PM

I would say that hardware wallets offer more versatility and control, some people say that they are more secure than online wallets, but I say they are still hackable, they use usb to be plugged to other devices after all.
BumblingBee

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:21:05 PM

Hardware wallets offer great deal of flexibility through mobile apps and laptops so you can take them anywhere you want. They are also very much secured and simple to use. I have been using Trezor and it has been worth every penny. The best part is there hasn't been a news of hardware wallet getting hacked.
cryptodalton

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:37:35 AM

I reserve my all coins on my hardware wallet because I feel safe to reserve my coin on hardware wallet. There are some other advantages too. But when I want to exchange this coins, what should I do?
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:44:17 AM

Thanks for the great information and I totally agree with you. I have seen people loosing their funds as well as wallet because of hacking issues. If you don't want to live in fear of loosing funds just buy hardware wallet and keep your funds safe.
TungayETH

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:40:59 PM

Hardware wallet is helpful but cannot secure your coins 100% as it just keeps the keycode of the currency you have in the blockchain. It just makes you assured that your money is not exchanged without your knowing.  But actually, it is the safest of all we have to protect our currencies for now. You need to keep your password written in the paper or remember it and write nowhere else like facebook, or other apps note.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:46:04 PM

I do not have much money to understand how this thing works correctly, but I think that if I had a little money, I would certainly buy myself a hardware purse, it is considered that it is much safer than everyone else.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:50:34 PM

Having a hardware wallet makes me feel secured of my holdings. My Ledger Nano S is what I consider to be an alternative to my retirement plan wherein I store most of the popular coins that I buy using cost averaging method and I plan to make it stay for up to 5-10 years depending on the situation of the crypto currency market.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:00:53 PM

Also, take note that even though you're using a hardware wallet, the security is pretty useless if you save your recovery seed on dumb places like on a .txt file or on your phone's notes app. Yes, people actually do this.

Ledger Nano S: www.ledgerwallert.co.

You got a typo my dude. www.ledgerwallet.com
I have seen someone has created a thread that discussed about he was getting hacked even his balance in the ledger wallet. But in my opinion that the trezor wallet has a better security compared with keepkey and ledger. There was so many hacked cases have happened with ledger. Yesterday someone loosing about more than 30 eth caused by that.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
MetalCoinMTC

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:00:00 PM

Online Wallet Hacking can be attack at any time. I think it's important to have a hardware wallet along with the online wallet. Among the hardware wallets I think ledgerwallet are quite good and safe.
TungayETH

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

The online wallets can be stolen or hacking, as safe as it sounds. Many of my acquaintances have lost all of them by accepting hacking. I think we need to have hardware wallet in addition to the online wallet. So there's more security here. ledgerwallert works by maintaining trust. I think it will be good.
Temmy007

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

Hardware wallet are still the safest means for keeping your btc or ethereum; but the reason I don't really like using it is because it looks hectic mkvin5 the coins around with hardware wallet. Trevor and ledger Nano is still the one I trust the most
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:37:58 PM

Giving you additional information on what you need to know, probably most of you out there have heard about a HARDWARE WALLET before, and I think I can help you out with some information you may need and why you should buy yourselves a hardware wallet.

WHY SHOULD I BUY A HARDWARE WALLET?
Probably most of us are using software wallets; Coinbase, Elec

trum, Bitpay, Jaxx, and etc. I'm not totally saying that you should spend some money and buy a hardware wallet, In my own opinion, I do think that software wallets will give you security in keeping your bitcoins (or whatever that you are holding), but I don't think it will be enough for you to keep it without getting robbed, it is not HACK-PROOF, which means you cannot assure yourself that it won't get hacked, numerous people have been robbed through their software wallets, and some people have lost everything in just a glimpse, you can search from it on the web, google, bing, or the search engine that you'd prefer, go there and search for cases about BTC, and it actually has numerous cases of people getting robbed from their software wallet.

WHY SHOULD YOU BUY A HARDWARE WALLET?
Hardware wallets are indeed one of the best but there, hardware wallets can keep you safe and will take your holding even if you are not online, keys are extremely secured, hardware wallets may seem to cost you, but you should consider it despite that it will give you extra security, a lot of my friends actually own a hardware wallet and ever since they bought one, they never complained to me, it's hassle free, and you won't be worried about your holdings, since you'll be the one who's responsible about your hardware wallet. Now there are youtube videos and these hardware wallets' official websites, I highly recommend you guys try it out, here are one of the most knowned and trusted hardware wallets out of all.

Ledger Nano S: www.ledgerwallet.com
Trezor: www.trezor.io
KeepKey: www.keepkey.com

These hardware wallets are one of my most prerferrable wallets as of now, watch some youtube videos and see for yourself!

THANK YOU! FEEL FREE TO REPLY AND GIVE YOUR OWN INSIGHTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT HARDWARE WALLETS.

I think you have said it all. Hardware wallets are simply a way for you to keep your coins in a wallet that is not connected online, which means that your coins are much safer from the threat of hackers when you put the coins in a hardware wallet. If you are looking to hold your coins for the long term without trading then you should use hardware wallets.

andra73

Activity: 430
Merit: 10

terra-credit.com

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

Hardware wallet are still the safest means for keeping your btc or ethereum; but the reason I don't really like using it is because it looks hectic mkvin5 the coins around with hardware wallet. Trevor and ledger Nano is still the one I trust the most
it looks like the wallet is using very tight security, and it's good for holding altcoins that we have like bitcoin and etherium, the system is almost the same as ladger.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:10:50 PM

Hardware wallets are a must have for anyone with more than about $200 worth of crypto IMO. Currently they are the most convenient way to store your crypto safely.
cryptohipo

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:05:52 PM

Hardware wallets are much more secure than the software ones and for this, I always recommend hardware wallets. You have mentioned many other advantages of using hardware. The hardware wallets you mentioned are really good but I prefer using ledger nano.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:02:22 PM

As far as i know hardware wallet is the safe and secure than other software wallets. If you use software wallet then you might be fall of hacking. Its true hardware wallet is costly but I think you need to consider it for your security.

Using a bitcoin client correctly  may be safe as hardware wallets
100$ for a wallet is nothing, and you can do one yourself for cheaper if you want
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: