Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:51:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies misconceptions  (Read 443 times)
Nanagyasi (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:15:01 AM
Merited by sngwinner (2)

Many newbies come into cryptocurrency with a mindset that making money here is easy and that they are also here to make it financially
The truth is making money in cryptocurrency is as difficult as making money in our traditional world.

In crypto, one has to study first, work hard, and above all have patience before one can enjoy the fruit of his labour just like in the real world.
So my dear newbies, do well to go through the process first and then expect to enjoy the fruit of your hard work as you mature in cryptocurrency.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gypat

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:45:26 AM

I do perfectly agree with you. There is no free lunch anywhere. We do as equal work as people do in traditional job.
I really like the aspect where you mentioned that one has to study. Without it you only expose yourself to loses.
raymondspeaks

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:12:15 PM

Many newbies come into cryptocurrency with a mindset that making money here is easy and that they are also here to make it financially
The truth is making money in cryptocurrency is as difficult as making money in our traditional world.

In crypto, one has to study first, work hard, and above all have patience before one can enjoy the fruit of his labour just like in the real world.
So my dear newbies, do well to go through the process first and then expect to enjoy the fruit of your hard work as you mature in cryptocurrency.

You're definitely right there. It took me at least two years of studying, testing and putting into practise my methods before I started to earn anything worthwhile. It's just as hard to earn money here as it is in the real world. The only thing I think that may be easier here is having a unique idea to take the entire community forward; because all in all, cryptocurrency is still very young.

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
lavanderN

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:14:59 PM

Yes, you’re right although I believe newbies that came in December /January (like me Cheesy) had an even harder misconception of crypto. Some people need to hit the ground before getting strong- that also applies to this market.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:49:22 PM

Many newbies come into cryptocurrency with a mindset that making money here is easy

Unfortunately, it's because some other higher-ranked members here on bitcointalk advertise bitcointalk to their friends as a moneymaking platform. I couldn't count how many posts said something along the lines of "my friend told me I can make money here".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:45:39 PM

While I would agree that its not as easy as newbies made it sound the same misconception I had when gotten introduced into the forum but I would disagree that its as difficult as making money in our traditional world. The only part difficult is understanding how the market works which with dedication and commitment within three months, you can boast of reasonable knowledge  unlike when you had to go to school or learn vocation for a minimum of three years to have a chance of making some decent income.

Aside that, another lucrative source of income is trading, I have been fortunate to buy a coin and after about six months, the ROI was enough to cover some other peoples annual salary without making allowances for expenses incurred during the year. Another source are the freelancer that could now offer their service to clients world wide without leaving their room compared to the stress and cost to incurred if its done in the traditional world.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:34:50 PM

I agree. There is a lot to learn about the digital currency and if you do not try to learn and really understand the way it works, you could lose a lot of money. Some newbies think that investing in bitcoins is easy and they tend to get into it without studying what it is about first. This is why some people lose money they cannot afford to lose. Not to mention the scammers and hackers around that will take advantage of you.
quynhtrang666

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:42:09 PM

I agree with your point. Making money on the cryptocurrency market is not easy. It's even harder than traditional money making
opg777

Activity: 170
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

I think because some people are underdeveloped, they advertise and tell how easy it is to earn 100 dollars in one day, but forget to say some points. 1. You need to wait at least 1 month to distribute the token. 2. not the fact that the coin will cost such money. 3. It's not a fact that you do not even get something. I agree a new influx of newbies is useful for the crypto world. But unfortunately it seems to me that after the first month they are disappointed when they do not get their money. People have become lazy to sort out, they want a freebie
cryptedshiva

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:40:05 PM

I can not exactly agree with you. It's still in early stages. So, I think it might be a bit easier than the traditional world for the early birds. All you need to know is a bit of general knowledge about it. Staying away from scam projects and investing in well-known ones when they dip, worked for me so far. Smiley
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:26:52 PM

So rightly said. I once thought same. I assumed this was the easiest way to make money, but when i entered it was completely different. It is indeed true that you don't make money just easy. The reading, the learning, the discussion, the reporting, the management and so much more activities. It is indeed not easy here in crypto.
Joeyops

Activity: 70
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 01:53:16 AM

True... when someone made quick money here, it's skill, effort, patience, or just luck.
BTC forum is full of services, ICO's, Guru's Campaigns etc.
Learned alot by reading the comment sections... and discussions between jr. members and legends for example.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in[/s (https://freebitco.in/?r=6352768)
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:25:29 PM

I think that is exactly what newbies have to understand. While I will admit that the nature of the work may not be as harder as the traditional job, it is still not easy to earn here. Learning as well can not be taken out of the requirement.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
thanhhue300

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:22:56 AM

I agree with you. Making money is not easy at all, I am also a newcomer and is struggling with it  Sad Sad
Ria Sakurai

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:51:05 AM

Many newbies come into cryptocurrency with a mindset that making money here is easy
"my friend told me I can make money here".

It's the reason flooded waves of spam posts here, they try to pump their post count by shit posts, i see tons of posts like "Good project, super, i'm in, i join, blah blah" every day in announcement and bounty boards. And in altcoins discussion, no one willing to read full posts of a thread, they just read the OP post and then click reply with nonsense words.
vagrom

Activity: 479
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:24:41 AM

It may have been easy before, but it is really hard now.
Many industries have to spend time and effort if they want to do well and last a long time.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
vutrieu19944

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:48:25 AM

I'm a newcomer, really new. And I would like to earn a bonus by airdrop, bounty. And where do I start?
puttkim

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:50:23 AM

Thank you for your suggestion, the cryptocurrency is indeed the case. Although it is full of opportunities to make money, the risks here are like the stars in the sky. Learning more is the only rule of our survival!
Yurikochdt

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:19:54 AM

Well this or just chance. Lot of Youtube videos about the next amazing 100x coin late last year. I completely agree with the knowledge though and it is hard to grasp the basics etc. That being said, if you buy mid 2017 with no understand of anything you could have made a lot of money so there is an element of chance but mainly it is hard work I agree.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:35:21 AM

They get blinded easily by how they see the price jumps as well as see or hear other peoples' success story hoping that they can achieve it on their own. The problem is they don't do anything about it as you are right many newbies enter into the market without the proper knowledge needed in order to succeed or even endure the market during its down times. Now a lot of them got their first taste of a real bloodbath last December when they forget to sell and now holding at a loss. Some of them are bitter and they think BTC won't go back up even near to its ATH.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: