Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is running a node profitable?  (Read 189 times)
beagle1977 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:03:43 PM

It need not necessarily be a BTC node. It could be EOS for example. Is it profitable? How do the node owners make money?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:19:21 PM

It's profitable with POS coins such as PIVX, DASH etc. by running a Masternode but you'll have to invest in buying coins first, simply running a node without doing anything won't do you anything.
beagle1977 (OP)

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:25:06 PM

It's profitable with POS coins such as PIVX, DASH etc. by running a Masternode but you'll have to invest in buying coins first, simply running a node without doing anything won't do you anything.

i see....how many coins would be needed to be invested in?
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:36:40 PM

i see....how many coins would be needed to be invested in?

Read this article on a few new coins that are deemed profitable: https://www.gadgetcouncil.com/cryptocurrency/profitable-masternod

the amount of coins needed to be invested depends on the coin, of course--but the article above provides figures for you to reference. For example, for dash you would need 1000 coins to start.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:57:04 AM

Yes, it will be profitable to run nodes on mastercoins. But it will be better if it is done on POS with systems such as DASH. But running a node is not enough, one needs to buy coins and invest in it.
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:22:15 AM

Yes when you purchase a Master Node in a specific coin you will get their coin while doing nothing. Then it's a great deal if you buy early and that coin price become huge. And while your master node is running you are gaining a coins there and just wait to that coin to pump up.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:33:52 PM

Most POS nodes are so expensive. If you have enough money to run them you can do anything else like POW mining or lending money to people for a profit. The main problem for a new investor is to have the money to invest. If you got enough running a node is one of the least profitable things you can do.
jack.anroid

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:57:36 AM

I think it will be profitable if you get right strategy. You it’s not be profitable if you will owner of node , you need to do some work for it. Many reliable researches  are available in internet, from these you can help clear concept. Furthermore you should take help from experts.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

Running a Masternode with POS coins can bring you profit but simply running a node doesn’t make anything, u have to buy coins first.
Well you just repeated what MadGamer said at post #2.
I don't run a node but to those that doesn't have an idea on how much you need to start before buying those coins.
Check https://masternodes.online/ to have some thoughts.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Symproverse

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

You need to run a node for specific reasons. They are - if a solo miner, you need to talk to the network and you need a node to do that. Remote nodes are not much reliable to count on. independent nodes will help you secure your network and blockchain more shared. And you may run BTC node if you like.
SladderyNewS

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:00:44 PM

"I think you should invest in coin first and after doing this you can run a node. But here almost every time, you have to pay for a VPS service to do this. And beside this it is very important to strike up a healthy balance between profitability and affordability.
"
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:07:26 PM

You are not getting the concept. You get nothing running a bitcoin node and you can't just run a EOS note as they are selected by voting.
There might be some coins that allows nodes/masternodes for simple user with some initial investment.
This side provides some insights about that https://masternodes.online/

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
JamescrypTrader

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:30:10 PM

As I know its very gainful with the POS coin for instance DASH, PIVS etc. If anyone have to run Masternode he or she have to invest in buying coin. Every one have to play different activity to run it smoothly.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 03:31:55 PM

I think running a node with the necessary amount of coins is better then mining. It don't take that much electricity and can be very profitable if the coin you are running the node of gets good price.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

From my point of view its very profitable with pos coin for example  DASH, PIVS etc. You will have to invest in buying coins to run a Masternode. I think you should many thing to run a node smoothly.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:39:15 PM

I think running a node with the necessary amount of coins is better then mining. It don't take that much electricity and can be very profitable if the coin you are running the node of gets good price.
Yes it all depends on the coin, Some coins are just sh*tcoins and you'd get scammed if you try to buy them to start your node. Some coins drop drastically sometimes and are not good for investment, Better run bitcoin nodes to keep the network decentralized if you have the fund.
Manjita950

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:48:40 PM

I know that it will be profitable. You need to some work for it.I think running a node is profitable in the case.
OneyZ

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:12:46 PM

You can start trading by buying coins first. Here is POS or DASH You're comfortable to fill in that. Of course you have to increase your skills. Have to study a lot, gain knowledge.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 04:17:52 PM

There's a really handy website to look up how much each masternode costs and what the dividends are.
I've recently written a small post on Steemit about overviews for POS and masternode crypto's

https://www.stakingrewards.com is pretty handy to look up your possible ROI.

alanfox

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:00:30 AM

The reason is very simple, African people have to fight much more bigger issues like lack of food, education and shelter. If their primary needs get fulfilled they will surely get the time to divert their minds elsewhere like knowing the crypto market. Still, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Senegal are some of the countries who are still making their mark in crypto world despite being surrounded by poverty and corruption.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: