Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Algorithm should CCNX relaunch with?
X13
X11
Scrypt
Other

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CCN] ★C-coin & C-Pay | v1.1a Update | KGW + Bonus Blocks, | Exchanges !★  (Read 57597 times)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

Hey all

No need to get stressed about it all. There is enough room for everyone in Crypto land!

Recently C-Coin (CCN) has not had enough focus on new developments and keeping it going, but i do know there is still a large community out there that is still mining the coin. When it was released Scrypt was the standard, but now only a few months on X11 and now X13 coins are the new
Algorithms.

Unfortunately having CCN as the ticker / short name for both coins is just not going to work. Fact is Cannacoin did not do enough research when deciding to use it as we already had launched with CCN a while before hand... But no matter i'm professional enough to realise that bitching about how came first will do more damage than good..

I'm proposing to do some major changes including a new ticker name (CCNX)

I think relaunching C-Coin with new features such as Proof os Stake, X11 or X13 or a brand new Algorithm i have in development is a good idea, to give the community a new life and hopefully to get C-Coin some more value for all the long term supporters out there..

Please comment on the following ideas:

• Relaunch the coin and do a 1 for 1 exchange program for the new type of coin, similar to how some other coins are doing
  • The new coin should be base on which Algorithm? X11, X13 or my new Algorithm (This could be a great opportunity to launch it)

Getting feedback will help decide which way this coin should go.

Thanks

that also sounds nice But can u put the X at the start Xccn marketing Wink

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:58:59 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 06:24:05 PM by tokyopotato

I suggest: XCN, CCX, XCCN, and yes you guys will need a re-launch.  If you decide to do this, let me know and I will mine some and donate the proceeds to your community just to show you some goodwill from Cannacoin team.

-Patrick @ Cannacoin
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

We've had some concerns raised about Cannacoin (CCN) conflicting with C-Coin (CCN)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482425.msg6984905#msg6984905

If you guys want to weigh in, feel free to come over, but I would like to encourage these two communities to merge together and get behind the Cannacoin brand.  

We are completely transparent, you can join us here as well:

http://www.nwgt.org/forumdisplay.php?122-Cannacoin-General-Discussion

c-coin started mid feb canna End march .
what did c-coin dev say about this ?

Im sure u would like to have more people backing your coin but WHY would we do this?
are you going to exchange our C-coins for cannacoins ?
or you want us to just give up on c-coin and all the time  we put in?
just posting Join us .. makes no sense .

Cannacoin (CCN) now traded on Swisscex and Bittrex.  We are gaining daily at Mintpal.

It doesn't matter who came first.  It only matters that Cannacoin is clearly going to be the major coin with the ticker CCN and it's up to you guys if you want to change your ticker.  

Cheers,
Patrick

It doesn't matter who cam first ? So you made a coin but no search if name or ticker already taken ? So you just a scammer with your shit useless coin (already THC, DOPE, POT) who can't check bitcointalk before create his coin .
 Real CCN (c-coin) is already on 4 exchanges .
We have a mobile payment who cam soon, and you just a copy/paste drug coin without utility. Your ANN is poor, no communitie .
And WTF take CCN for Cannacoin ? its CannaCoiN  ? What more stupid ? You can just take logical ticker like CNC CaNaCoin ?
 You stupid, stole ideas, stole wallet source to do shit, stole ticker and now said "we are going to major so it s at you to change your coin". CCN has problem to be on more exchange cause of you !
So just remember this, your coin is noob scam and ll die soon. C-COIN has real ambition and real features. It s just a time question.

Sorry,

I'm just explaining the way it is.

I suggest C-Coin relaunch with XCN or under a new brand.

At the very least, update your wallet like you promised over 2 months ago.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:03:48 PM

Yes the last time we looked they were running into trouble with development and compiling. Also we didn't realise that there is still activity on their Ccoin. To ensure there is no confusion we will ensure our client wallet does not work in the same folders as theirs

We think that complimented by our C-Pay back end system our C-coin will be a good business idea.

Just to point out some irony for you guys.  This is from your thread.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:37:42 PM

If they need some proof Cannacoin chain existed prior to C-Coin tell them to look at our genesis block, its dated I believe 10/21/13
pos4me

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:14:51 AM

If they need some proof Cannacoin chain existed prior to C-Coin tell them to look at our genesis block, its dated I believe 10/21/13

Please purge yourself from this thread with the toilet handle.

For someone supporting a coin that was on the tail end of the marijuana related coins and neither the devs nor the community of said coin had the wherewithal to not duplicate a ticker symbol says it all for me. It works against both coins, just like naming a coin the same as another i.e. lime, bitcointalk, etc. Because you have a genesis block that occurred months before an official ANN was announced also says a lot. And how is CCN even a logical ticker for Cannabis coin?

Soon exchanges, as they are already beginning to vet IPO/ICO releases more stringently, they will also check for conflicts of coin names and tickers so as not to cause confusion and additional cost to them due to more supports tickets. In that event, they will most likely do one of two things, either list the one that had a public ann/pre-ann first or list neither coin. If the latter is true then cease and desist requests and all the red tape involved with adding lawyers and the judicial system will then be added to both coins' already large burden of just getting off the ground successfully.

With the release of the new scrypt asics that are now here most scrypt coins, if not all, will be mined into the dirt and lose all its value in very short order unless they have implemented something some that has never been seen before that makes it actually unique and usable.

That being said, as much as I believe regarding the fact that C-coin is the rightful user of the CCN ticker, I believe a switch to a new algo and the ticker XCN is the smartest move. Even if there was no duplicity and/or conflict at all I believe it is the smart move. It shows the coin is dynamic and willing to make changes to better itself. If in months or years from now when x-11 or x-13 is inefficient then I would recommend changing yet again to keep the coin fresh and the value more stable. Also, the 1to1 exchange should be implemented, but please make sure there is some kind of safety net for investors who bought earlier and might have put the coins in cold storage to check on years later. You might also want to look into anonymity as well because of its recent popularity.

But whatever you decide, decide and implement it very quickly because others might just steal your ideas because this is an open and transparent discussion I suggest pm's and irc until you make the switch. Otherwise, cannacoin may do it to you again. I am certain the marijuana community as a whole would see through their bullying tactics and idea theft by then though.
baile0928

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:25:59 AM

Hey all

No need to get stressed about it all. There is enough room for everyone in Crypto land!

Recently C-Coin (CCN) has not had enough focus on new developments and keeping it going, but i do know there is still a large community out there that is still mining the coin. When it was released Scrypt was the standard, but now only a few months on X11 and now X13 coins are the new
Algorithms.

Unfortunately having CCN as the ticker / short name for both coins is just not going to work. Fact is Cannacoin did not do enough research when deciding to use it as we already had launched with CCN a while before hand... But no matter i'm professional enough to realise that bitching about how came first will do more damage than good..

I think relaunching C-Coin with new features such as Proof os Stake, X11 or X13 or a brand new Algorithm i have in development is a good idea, to give the community a new life and hopefully to get C-Coin some more value for all the long term supporters out there..

• Relaunch the coin and do a 1 for 1 exchange program for the new type of coin, similar to how some other coins are doing
  • The new coin should be base on which Algorithm? X11, X13 or my new Algorithm (This could be a great opportunity to launch it)

Thanks

glad to see the update.
move head.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTsxT8bLHUuPm3brTLAXBUA5Cws5RqTgnz
GlobAllCoin -100%IPO-tejishouan60575@163.com
GROUPCoin -Free and Fair!LRdH4oPVZQpw5FV1tmqarB3fJXhuy8vxws
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin:PuwDYwDyj8aQ7YdL3KV4fMvmUsE86TLoWG
Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4uqGJ7vrFysxLgtuDbjKEL28srcuw3c2R
UseCoin - A Cryptocurrency that you can USE! Decentralized Marketplace!
pos4me

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:40:18 AM

Hey all

Algorithms.

Thanks

glad to see the update.
move head.

I agree and to comment on your ideas:

1 for 1 yes, as long as previous long term holders who may not see this information for a months or years are protected.

I think your new algo is not a good idea for this coin at this stage in its life. I think go with one that is already implemented (x11 or x13) to get more community support for the time being. Now when the x series algo's begin to fade and/or become inefficient would be the time to unveil your new algo so that even more would take a look other than the existing established community at that time.
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

Would it not be better using completly different ticker symbol as CCNX only looks very utilitarian and no great appeal.Actually only looks like canna coin with an X after it.There need to be something catchy that shows how this coin is higher performance etc.

█████████████████████
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:48:37 AM

Relaunch?

I agree that the coin should immeadiately put on a large exchange immeadiately after release or else it will not carry value .It needs a large volume exchange with release date and full explanation of features.Stay away from low volume exchanges or you will kill even the best coin.Hype is okay once it is justified and I think this new coin will justify such hype if better than BOOST coin

█████████████████████
Investing123

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

CryptoCalc.org - Altcoin Profit/Loss Calculator

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:06:15 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 09:19:47 PM by Investing123

I agree, I believe a relaunch is necessary.  New ticker symbol XCN or CXN, along with a tasty algo. High volume exchange is also a must to see this coin survive.  I've submitted a coin request on poloniex as I urge you all to do as well.  poloniex.com/coinRequest. Not sure how helpful it will be though, seeing as a relaunch seems to be in order.

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:54:45 PM

Please purge yourself from this thread with the toilet handle.

For someone supporting a coin that was on the tail end of the marijuana related coins and neither the devs nor the community of said coin had the wherewithal to not duplicate a ticker symbol says it all for me. It works against both coins, just like naming a coin the same as another i.e. lime, bitcointalk, etc. Because you have a genesis block that occurred months before an official ANN was announced also says a lot. And how is CCN even a logical ticker for Cannabis coin?

Soon exchanges, as they are already beginning to vet IPO/ICO releases more stringently, they will also check for conflicts of coin names and tickers so as not to cause confusion and additional cost to them due to more supports tickets. In that event, they will most likely do one of two things, either list the one that had a public ann/pre-ann first or list neither coin. If the latter is true then cease and desist requests and all the red tape involved with adding lawyers and the judicial system will then be added to both coins' already large burden of just getting off the ground successfully.

With the release of the new scrypt asics that are now here most scrypt coins, if not all, will be mined into the dirt and lose all its value in very short order unless they have implemented something some that has never been seen before that makes it actually unique and usable.

That being said, as much as I believe regarding the fact that C-coin is the rightful user of the CCN ticker, I believe a switch to a new algo and the ticker XCN is the smartest move. Even if there was no duplicity and/or conflict at all I believe it is the smart move. It shows the coin is dynamic and willing to make changes to better itself. If in months or years from now when x-11 or x-13 is inefficient then I would recommend changing yet again to keep the coin fresh and the value more stable. Also, the 1to1 exchange should be implemented, but please make sure there is some kind of safety net for investors who bought earlier and might have put the coins in cold storage to check on years later. You might also want to look into anonymity as well because of its recent popularity.

But whatever you decide, decide and implement it very quickly because others might just steal your ideas because this is an open and transparent discussion I suggest pm's and irc until you make the switch. Otherwise, cannacoin may do it to you again. I am certain the marijuana community as a whole would see through their bullying tactics and idea theft by then though.

I came here to resolve this problem.  It was not intentional that we used the same ticker as you.  You intentionally took the name C-Coin even though you knew there was already a CCoin (CCO).  So do not accuse me/us from stealing from you as it would be hypocritical.

I'm glad that you have realized the need to revamp your coin and to put some time into development.  It seems this CCN debate was the spark that got your community active again.  In that regard, perhaps we can be grateful that we have resolved this and you can rest assured I look forward to seeing if your C-Pay ever gets off the ground...

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

I also think that the coin probably should be delisted and any swap nescessary should be done off exchange for example from C-coin wallet to DEV and 1 to 1 swap for new coin.This in turn will prevent stagnant price like situation and prevent coin from being trapped in forever 1 satoshi band.Also it will allow whole new launch detached from old coin but that is only my opinion.I am sure the DEV knows best considering his experience and knowledge.

It's nice to see that C-Coin community can come together to solve problems and move forward.  As I said, this has been a wake-up call for the C-Coin dev...

egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:27:00 PM

C-Coin community need to fire up the IRC with new ideas so get to    webchat.freenode.net and pick a username and enter c-coin into the channel box.

If this is incorrect please ammend it.Thanks     
shoozooo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:42:39 PM

Very good idea !

I can't wait for the update  Grin
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:57:08 AM

Yes an update would be nice.I have some ideas I want the dev to look at but not sure he gets his messages?
butterfly sea

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:58:47 AM

Hey all

Algorithms.

Thanks

glad to see the update.
move head.

hardingwoking DEV

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.
SpYe14xAXk6oFkwBbASSXMXp5ufdKeHzBd
shoozooo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:13:00 PM

Any news about CCN ? Smiley
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:25:59 PM

Hey all

Algorithms.

Thanks

glad to see the update.
move head.

Dev any chance of reducing the ammount of coins as well ? and then your exchange program for the coins should also be by the same factor that might give it a decent chance.
its 4.2 billion coins now right ?  if we could get that down to 420m or  even 42m that would be great. if u change it as is there are to many people with millions and millions that will dump it into dust without it having a chance.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:45:58 PM

Roughly how many coins are in circulation and mined?The exchanges dont seem to have much volume in circulation but I would be curious to know how many coins are held by miners.The DEV needs to open IRC channel to discuss this and other issues.

+1 that would be nice

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: